Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Healthy B

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by kingleds, 18 February 2011 Social URL.

1. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Help! Like a total idiot I thought that 2 slices from a Allison 400Gb Wholemeal Batch loaf would be my healthy extra for today. I've just gone to update my food diary and it says 2 slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf (not Batch)!!! agggh!!!

What do I do? its 4 syns a slice and I had 2 - what a waste of syns if I have to syn both slices. Can i just syn 1 and have the other as my HEXB?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Depending on how good you want to be! I'd syn them both at 8 syns, but then people would maybe use one slice as a B choice.

The reason it's not a B choice is because it's too high in calories (most HEX's are 6 syns).

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can have 57g of wholemeal bread a HEB though so you could weigh two slices and then work out the syns for the excess.

5. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Thats a great idea!! Will do that tomorrow. Have synned them both today because I also had 2 Alpen Light bars and was about to throw the rest of the loaf in the bin so I wasn't tempted but maybe not....thanks both

6. Yoyo dieter

Yoyo dieter Combining low GI and CC

Start Weight:
    9st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.62%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    GI/CC
    can someone tell me if I can have wholemeal bread as a healthy extra b on a red/original day?

7. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Definitely can. Checked the book and it says 57 g of wholemeal bread is a healthy b.

8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'm not sure you can do the 57g thing with the seeded batch loaf as it's not classed as wholemeal bread.
    Happy to be corrected but I just don't think it's the same.

9. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    You're right about seeded batch loafs- the seeds mean they can't be used as a HEXB. But plain old wholemeal bread is fine and the Allison Wholemeal batch bread doesn't have seeds so is okay. You just need to weigh it because 2 slices is more than 57g

10. melko

melko Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.95%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley GI Jeans Diet (book)
    I just had the the same problem today. I had 2 slices of the Alisons wholemeal batch 400g loaf, thinking it was a HEXB. I worked out that 1 and half slices is the equiv of 57g, so thats my HEXB and the remaining is 1.5 syns. Each slices weighs about 36g btw. So not a lot compared to 8 syns!
    Thanks for the suggestions!

11. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    Since this post, the heB amounts have changed-you now get 60g of wholemeal bread-so it'll help a little

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.