Healthy breakfast ideas?

My usual breakfast is two eggs, two turkey sausages and half a tin of beans. It only comes to 450 calories which is pretty good for such a hearty breakfast.

One of my favourite breakfasts is porridge made with almond milk and little almond butter stirred in. I'll also chop a banana up and mix that in. Some of my other breakfasts are a poached egg or two on soy and linseed bread, greek yoghurt with berries and bran or pancakes made with oats and a little unflavoured whey protein (grass fed, hormone free) instead of flour.

Sometimes I'll even have left-overs from the day before, the first meal doesn't necessarily have to be ''breakfast'' foods.

I am a big porridge fan. Nicest I have found are Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Rolled Porridge Oats, in a purple and orange bag. They are not as powdery as other brands and sort of retain a chewy texture. Hate the ones that look like wallpaper paste :D Always do mine in the bowl for just 1 min in microwave so no sticky pans. Usually unadorned but if I want to spoil myself, a tip of a spoon of Manuka honey and a pinch of coconut. YUM :p

I really like weetabix crumbled over a greek yoghurt and if I have them I put some berries on top (the frozen kind but defrosted so they have loads of tasty fruit juice with them) :)

Devastated to find supermarkets no longer seem to do Kelloggs puffed wheat. It was always my secret weapon when losing weight. Huge bowl as so light and no sugar added. HATE sweet breakfast cereals. I think Coco Pops are the work of the devil ! Seems you can buy a different make on-line. I even used to like the smell, and would sometimes snack on a tiny bowl dry. It was different and very healthy Sob Sob :cry:

My breakfast is like lunch and I love it!

Poached or microwave eggs. Roast chicken. A salad with leafy green vegetables, tomatoes and apple cider vinegar. Lots of water (don't underestimate how full it keeps you)!

And some whey protein (my paleo 'cheat').

It's a big breakfast but it's all fuel for big workouts!

loving this thread!! going to try some. bx

My current fave breakfast is a "base layer" of Total 0%, then sliced strawberries, a drizzle of fat-free natural yoghurt and then a handful of Shropshire Granola - which is only sweetened with honey. Absolutely yummy and the granola means you can last til lunch.....

Love Sainsburys Taste the Different whole rolled porridge oats. Stay quite chewy, not like wallpaper paste ! I usually make with hot water, add almond mik, pop in microwave in bowl, (1min 30sec in mine) so no messy pan, they add a bit more milk if needed, and if I'm spoiling myself and only if I've earned it :rolleyes: a sprinkle of coconut, tip of teaspoon St Dalfour no added sugar raspberry jam, and maybe a dollop of no fat Onken natural yohurt (bought set one other day and don't like it). Really scrummy and don't think about eating for hours. be good chips

I usually have for breakfast either

Bowl of All Bran with chopped banana, sultanas and strawberries

Bowl of Fruit & Fibre cereal

Porridge with sultanas

Eggs

I love to make scrambles. I usually make a piece of bacon. Then I saute mushrooms and spinach in coconut oil. I crumble the bacon and toss that in the pan. I put in 2 or 3 eggs and scramble everything together. Right before the eggs are done, I put in feta cheese. You can use any kind that you like. Some times I will have a small side of cottage cheese with that. I like to have a coffee with stevia with it as I don't drink milk because of the fats in it. I prefer to get my calcium through cheese.

I prefer to buy the plain oatmeal and cook from scratch and top it up with fresh berries and dried nuts .....skip the sugar....been on it for 2 months, taste just as good and healthier without the sugar in it.

homemade muesli could be a good idea to eat healthy in the first meal of the day but also it could be important to have some eggs with a cup of coffee or juice because it is very important to leave home with something in the stomach!!!!!

The calories in home-made muesli soon add up. I paid over £10 for a selection of base mix, nuts and dried fruits to make my own and when I calculated the calories per meagre serving, it was stoopid, so I went back to good ole porridge!

Have you tried protein pancakes? Mash a banana and whisk in two eggs. Fry them and they are delicious. Not quite he same texture of regular pancakes but they are damn good! I have them on a Sunday usually!! I like them with lemon juice and a little bit of sugar! (I try to eat clean but I allow myself treats too!)

Hi GiveMeScience! My name is Julie. I'd like to offer you some suggestions for weight lose (I've lost over 80 pounds, and I have maintained for over a decade): First, consider having some sort of protein at every meal. Do you know how much protein you need on a daily basis? A good place to start... 1/2 your body weight in protein grams (i.e. If you weight 150 lbs., it is suggested that you aim for at least 75g of protein per day). Here are the calorie/protein breakdowns for weight loss: 1200-1499 calories, 75-99g (target 100g) of protein or 1500-1799 calories, 100-124g (target 125g) of protein. So here you can see, the 150 lb. person (if female) would go with 1200-1499 calories per day. Men typically fall in the 1500-1799 calorie range. As far as b-fast ideas: meal replacement shake/bar, cottage cheese and fruit, eggs and cheese/toast, old fashioned oats w/peanut butter mixed in (this is a carb and fat combination). These are my b-fast choices.

Back