Healthy eating

Janey

Intuitive Eater
Is anyone losing weight just by healthy eating as opposed to being on a specific diet?

I have worked out my BMR and it says i need 1,600 cals aday to lose weight. my doctor also said it's better to eat small but often and to make sure i eat breakfast :) i'm eating a lot of ww food, fruit and Quron as well :) Drinking plenty of water and green tea and i've managed to get myself to like skimmed milk:D up until i hurt my ankle i was walking for half an hour a day to i'm nearly at the end of week three and i'm sure i've lost at least 2lb this week so that'll be 11lb in the 3 week which isn't to bad :) My GP has put me on reducil which makes you feel fuller on less food and really seem to be working for me :clap:

What's a BMR?

I'm just eating more healthily, thinking about what ever is going in my mouth more throughly then I've ever done.

I'm also trying to up my exercise. I managed to lose 3lb in my first week. So I'm sure you'll see differences - although probably not as radical as a strict plan (as I allow for times of over-indulgence in my life plan!) :D

Well done you lot I admire you all.

I am on LL and am sure whatever diet we have been on at the end to maintain we have all got to change our habits and eat healthly.

Hiya, I'm doing healthy eating too- although wasnt sure how many cals I should be eating so think I may have slowed my losses by not eating enough! After CD eating anything seems a lot so now I've found that BMR Calculator thingy I think I am going to aim for 1300-1500 cals a day instead of the 1200 max I have been trying to stick to!

I am exercising properly 4/5 times a week and doing steps on my stepper on the days where Im not doing a proper workout. So far since 2nd Jan (when I started my "lifestyle change") I have lost 4lbs but also feel more toned and fit too. Hoping the weightloss will speed up if I up my calories. It just seems strange that I need to eat MORE to lose weight!! Craziness x

Hiya, I'm doing healthy eating too- although wasnt sure how many cals I should be eating so think I may have slowed my losses by not eating enough! After CD eating anything seems a lot so now I've found that BMR Calculator thingy I think I am going to aim for 1300-1500 cals a day instead of the 1200 max I have been trying to stick to!

I am exercising properly 4/5 times a week and doing steps on my stepper on the days where Im not doing a proper workout. So far since 2nd Jan (when I started my "lifestyle change") I have lost 4lbs but also feel more toned and fit too. Hoping the weightloss will speed up if I up my calories. It just seems strange that I need to eat MORE to lose weight!! Craziness x

It does seem crazy :confused: but i read that if you eat that amount it's enough for you body to burn off and it won't hold on to stored fat . Anything less will make you body think you're staving it and will hold on to the fat taking you longer to lose weight.

I am losing by calorie counting. I have tried diet pills in the past. Duromine shifted the weight super fast but equally went on even quicker and then some and caused lots of damage. I tried reductill which did help, but wont help unless you learn to eat less anyway, once you stop with the pills it's doubly hard and I only wanted to lose this weight one more time - so this time it had to be something I could carry on with, plus I didnt want loose skin so knew I was in this for the long haul, and oh boy!! it seems like forever:cry: but I'll get there!

I am also doing the healthy eating thing, although I do not allow myself any food very high in calories yet. It is due to the fact that I have problems with food and I feel the need to re-learn how to eat to feed myself and not because I feel like chewing food:eek:

I don't even know how much calories I eat per day, maybe I should check:rolleyes:.

Typically in the morning I eat a portion of Special K with milk or yogurt with a piece of fruit or an glass of orange juice.

At around 10 I eat an apple if I am hungry.

At lunchtime I eat something with protein (fish mainly) and 2 different vegetable, 2 rice cakes, a banana and a yogurt.

In the evening: vegetable, 1 or 2 rice cakes/cereals in yogurt and a piece of fruit.

My GP said it was very good (although he thinks it would be good to introduce pasta or rice more often). I don't feel weak or lightheaded or anything and I am even learning how to cook.

For me, changing my eating habits is the way forward and so far it has worked. :D

Elie

Healthy eating and exercise was key for me, I counted calories too.

I'm trying to totally change me deit - eat less and healthily and increase excercise. I managed for 6 months last year and did really well. Then had several crisises in my life one after the other and unknowingly at the time went totally off the rails.

I'm back with avengance.

I'm trying to make sure I have 1 hour of excercise daily. At the moment, it's just over 3 miles of brisk walking. If I havea day off, I'll add an extra mile for 3 days running to catch back up. That's the aim anyway !

I've also completely changed my diet. Loads of fresh veg and fruit, no milk apart from a very tiny amount of skimmed in tea. No bread, no potatoes at the moment - unless a tiny bit as a once a week treat. Limited pasta and rice. Lean meats with vegetables, salads etc. Stacks of water

So far - it's working. I've got a lot to lose and am currently aiming for 750 kcal a day max. I thought I'd lost nothing for about 2 weeks - but my scales were giving false readings due to unlevel floor and it was also my TOTM. As of the scales last night, I've lost 10.5lb since 5th January :)

I feel the difference across my chest. My stomach feels like it has tightened up

Back