Healthy eating...

mrs.jk

will beat the bulge!!
Hi all, I have been a member of so many dieting clubs ww/sw/rc etc and have given up on all of them I decided to give it a bash with healthy eating and exercise, I have been eating 3 square healthy meals a day with fruit as a snack inbetween meals and doing 20 minutes of cardio exercise for the last few days and all is going well, I was just wondering if anybody else is doing the same and has had success doing it on "their own" rather than a part of a commercial diet club...? I am thinking why waste the money each week paying somebody to weigh me when I can save the money to reward myself with new clothes once I've lost weight and weigh myself weekly for free :8855::D Anybody else doing the same?

*raises hand* me! We already eat healthy...my dh is 6' and weighs 148lbs and none of my children are overweight. My dh has also taken over the cooking duties and is very health concious. My biggest issue is portion control. I eat way more than the "allowable amount" and I don't exercise. So, I'm hoping that if I stay within the recommended portion control and start being more active the weight will start to come off.

I'm doing the same too, have the odd high calorie/fat food but trying to stick to a good diet.
I'm exercising nearly everyday and trying to stay away fronm my trigger foods like coca cola. Only into week 2 but 4lbs off

Me!!

I am new and ave only "really" started in the last few days.

I do fitness DVD (2different ones alternately) 5 days/week and walking when I can, and I am eating healthy breakfast lunch and tea with as little snacks as possible and more water!

Hopefully I'll see the pounds shed.

They say that the secret to good weight loss is simply eating less calories than you burn (for most people) and if that's true why worry about paying lots when you can do it yourself!

:D

Some people don't have enough will to diet on their own and needs that support.
Of course the best thing is to do it alone once you know how to do.

I never joined a club. I've been testing all kind of diets and now I know what works and I manage to diet on my own but it's good to have other people advice and exchange experiences.

I agree Flerette, I have only learned this through lots of bad choices myself... bad choices leading me to be heavier than I ever had been. It's taken at least 20 attempts to be able to do it and even now I struggle every day.

Forums like this are full of support and without it I probably would have failed before now again!

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm going down the healthy eating and exercise route too, it makes sense and I also don't want to be paying for classes every week. I've only just started and I'm doing a similar thing to you, eating breakfast everyday (I never used to bother) and healthy lunch and tea and fruit for snacks.

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm going down the healthy eating and exercise route too, it makes sense and I also don't want to be paying for classes every week. I've only just started and I'm doing a similar thing to you, eating breakfast everyday (I never used to bother) and healthy lunch and tea and fruit for snacks.

marmaduke can I reccomend a great site to help you with the calorie counting?

Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss I use it to log my calorie intake and keep track and come on here for all the support of these wonderful people!

Even with eating healthy, it's amazing how much we forget the amount of calories in healthy stuff!

Welcome and good luck!

:D

Well, a friend and I are walking together now and we walked Mon-Fri this week with a walk planned for tomorrow as well. 1 hr total walking and 15 min on the Wii Fit everyday is what I've managed.

I've lost 10lbs so far and already on the fifth day, I'm noticing how much easier it is to walk around and do things. It feels great and is really encouraging too. :D

Hi all, I have been a member of so many dieting clubs ww/sw/rc etc and have given up on all of them I decided to give it a bash with healthy eating and exercise, I have been eating 3 square healthy meals a day with fruit as a snack inbetween meals and doing 20 minutes of cardio exercise for the last few days and all is going well, I was just wondering if anybody else is doing the same and has had success doing it on "their own" rather than a part of a commercial diet club...? I am thinking why waste the money each week paying somebody to weigh me when I can save the money to reward myself with new clothes once I've lost weight and weigh myself weekly for free :8855::D Anybody else doing the same?

I'm doing that too... healthy eating and 30 mins exercise a day... I only just started but so far its working out ok.

I have a piggy bank and every month I pay him 10 euros "subscription" and then two euros for every pound i lose and when I reach my target weight I'm going on a major shopping spree. :D

~Silence~

Hi chocolatecat just had a look at that website and logged myself in Im eating healthily and trying not to have too much processed food and doing a bit of exercise, its been coming off really slowly but having looked on the food focus sight I can probably see why, I eat good stuff but toooooooo much!! thanks for letting us know, using this and thanks to someone else posting about the podrunner beginner to 5k I just might be a bit fitter before my 30th!

Hello there

i know this post was posted some time ago , but thought i would add my ten pence worth.(hope u dont mind)

for the last year and half i been following my own dieting plan, even though i did try cd but that wasnt for me ............i have lost 4 stone through healthy eating only which i am dead chuffed about , as u can imagine..........e1 has their own support/differences etc and people generally do what they feel is best suited to them.

Hope you achieve wot u set out to do ,

all the best - julie x

hi all, i have been a member of so many dieting clubs ww/sw/rc etc and have given up on all of them i decided to give it a bash with healthy eating and exercise, i have been eating 3 square healthy meals a day with fruit as a snack inbetween meals and doing 20 minutes of cardio exercise for the last few days and all is going well, i was just wondering if anybody else is doing the same and has had success doing it on "their own" rather than a part of a commercial diet club...? I am thinking why waste the money each week paying somebody to weigh me when i can save the money to reward myself with new clothes once i've lost weight and weigh myself weekly for free :8855::d anybody else doing the same?

That's brill Julie! Well done you :clap:

How much more do you want to lose?

That's brill Julie! Well done you :clap:

How much more do you want to lose?

HELLO THERE ,

THANKS FOR REPLYING ON THIS THREAD.

I AM SUCH A SHORT A** AND ACCORDING TO "STASTITICS" A HEALTHY WEIGHT FOR MY HEIGHT IS BETWEEN 7 1/2 & 8 STONE.............:cry:I HAVE GONE FROM 16.11LBS AND NOW WEIGH 13.3LBS.......NOT FAR OFF THE 4 STONE MARK............SO BY THE "STATISTICS" I NEED TO LOSE A FURTHER 5st.3LBS......WHICH IS SILLY REALLY AS PERSONALLY I THINK I WOULD LOOK ANOREXIC ,LOL..................I WOULD BE HAPPY TO BE AT AROUND 10/11 ST MARK......BUT DUE TO HEALTH PROBS ATM WEIGH ISNT SHIFTING AS MUCH.....HOPEFULLY THIS IS A PHASE AND THINGS WILL PICK UP.............HERES TO THE NEXT 3ST.3LBS.

HOW ABOUT YOU , CAN I ASK WOT UR STORY IS AND WOT U R DOING ETC. THANKS FOR THE INTEREST AS THIS FORUM DOESNT SEEM NOWHERE AS BUSY AS THE WLS ONE........WAS GONNA GIVE UP ON HERE AS I DONT FIND THE SUPPORT FOR THE "NORMAL" DIETER ON HERE VERY MUCH INSPIRING.

ALL THE BEST - JULIE ;)

That's fantastic, well done on your weight loss Julie.

I've lost weight in the past with just healthy eating and exercise, sadly it all crept back on, so I'm starting again.
I will eat lots of veg and fruit, drink water and make sure I kick start my metabolism with a good breakfast. I will walk 10000 steps at least 4 days a week, use my exercise bike for an hour at least 3 times a week and do yoga on my wii fit.

Back