Healthy extra a?

hutchie

Hey all, just a quick question for you all..I'm lactose intolerant and don't even drink soya milk so I'm wondering do you think I could use a soya yoghurt (98cal) as my healthy extra a? Or do I not have it at all?
Thanks x

I wouldn't have thought so. Have you tried almond,hazelnut milk,oat, coconut or rice milk? They appear on the list and you can even have chocolate oat milk as well!

How about lacto free cheese? Do you like that?

It's important to have the A option for the calcium, do you go to classes? You should probably speak to your consultant.

Yea I absol love the lacto free cheese!!! It's difficult for me to get though as most of the time it's not in stock where I shop :( I checked and soya yoghurt is 2 1/2syns, I don't use milk at all :( but checked and 400mls skimmed soya milk is considered a hea (88cals) and my soya yoghurts are (98cals) so I'll count them as a hea when I can't get the cheese and see how I get on. Thanks a mill :)

Unfortunately its not about calories hun, its the calcium content so we cannot just choose a substitute for a healthy extra.

Healthy extras are just that ... extra ... so you do not need to use them if you don't want to. As long as you are getting calcium from elsewhere in your diet you will be fine. :)

Back