Healthy extra b choices

Hi, I'm trying to do sweat home on my own. It am struggling for lunch ideas on days when I'm working out of my car and as its cold I don't fancy salads. Can anyone tell me what the upto date list of heb options are in the way of breads, wraps etc??

I can't remember all the HEB's off the top of my head (and I don't think we're allowed to list them on this site) but I don't think much has changed in the way of bread. 2 slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf or 60g if from any other loaf or a roll. As far as I can remember, the only wrap on the list is a BFree gluten free multigrain one but I could be wrong (I love them and use them as pizza bases!)

In terms of lunch ideas, I understand not wanting salads in the winter, I'm exactly the same! In fact, I have a salad with me today and I'm so unenthused by it that I think I'd rather go hungry until dinner time than actually eat it! :D

I travel a huge amount for work too so I know how you feel. Have you thought about taking soup or other hot food (such as chilli) with you? You can buy Thermos mugs (or cheaper non-branded ones) that you can store hot food in and take out and about with you. I've got a one which has a fold-up spoon and lid you can use as a bowl and it's great for hot winter soups. I also use it for chilli, Bolognese etc. as it keeps it warm all day and I don't have to use a HEB on bread or anything. I can also shove some rice or pasta in with it so it's like having a proper meal but out of a cup :)

I travel a huge amount for work too so I know how you feel. Have you thought about taking soup or other hot food (such as chilli) with you? You can buy Thermos mugs (or cheaper non-branded ones) that you can store hot food in and take out and about with you. I've got a one which has a fold-up spoon and lid you can use as a bowl and it's great for hot winter soups. I also use it for chilli, Bolognese etc. as it keeps it warm all day and I don't have to use a HEB on bread or anything. I can also shove some rice or pasta in with it so it's like having a proper meal but out of a cup :)

Can I ask, how long does it keep the food warm for?

My office doesn't have a microwave and it kills me - I hate cold food too!!

Do you heat it in the morning and then put it in the thermos and have it at lunch? If I did that at 7am, would it stay warm until 1pm? :/

Hi, I'm trying to do sweat home on my own. It am struggling for lunch ideas on days when I'm working out of my car and as its cold I don't fancy salads. Can anyone tell me what the upto date list of heb options are in the way of breads, wraps etc??

Totally get where you are coming from.

Do you like sushi? I tend to get sushi packs from M&S or Itsu now, and depending on what you have, they are only 1.5-3 syns per pack and really filling. I've never tried to make my own but I know you can buy the kits in Tesco etc...

I usually just have a sandwich - wholemeal bread, x2 400g slices with roast chicken and tomatoes or ham.

I went through a phase of having the Ryvita sweet onion crispbreads for 2 months and now they turn my stomach! You get 4 in a pack, 3 are free as hexB and you can syn the other one for 2 syns. I would make up an onion, tomato, chilli and mixed pepper salad on a Monday, and use that for the rest of the week. I would take 2 small (35g I think?) pots of Philidelphia light and spread that on the bread and top with the salad. It used my hexA and hexB but incorporated a lot of speed. It was quite filling, I've just had so much now I need a break from it!

Can I ask, how long does it keep the food warm for?

My office doesn't have a microwave and it kills me - I hate cold food too!!

Do you heat it in the morning and then put it in the thermos and have it at lunch? If I did that at 7am, would it stay warm until 1pm?

I've got a proper Thermos one, rather than an unbranded one but it's brilliant and I expect the unbranded ones are just as good. I usually get up at 7am, heat whatever it is I want, put it in the Thermos and then eat it between 1pm and 2pm. It's still hot when I eat it and, especially with soup, it's almost as hot as when I put it in (i.e. I have to blow on it to cool it to eating temperature). I've never had a problem with food going cold or even luke warm. Can't recommend it enough :)

I've got a proper Thermos one, rather than an unbranded one but it's brilliant and I expect the unbranded ones are just as good. I usually get up at 7am, heat whatever it is I want, put it in the Thermos and then eat it between 1pm and 2pm. It's still hot when I eat it and, especially with soup, it's almost as hot as when I put it in (i.e. I have to blow on it to cool it to eating temperature). I've never had a problem with food going cold or even luke warm. Can't recommend it enough :)

Oh my goodness - you may have saved my life!

Some people in my office have crockpot desktop lunch warmers - you plug it in (it's only small) and it heats your food through the morning. It takes about 3 hours to warm, so you would need to be turning it on around 9am... But they appear to be out of circulation at the moment :(

Would it be something like this you have?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-St...1478696175&sr=1-3&keywords=thermos+food+flask

The one I've got is this one as it has the fold-up spoon in the lid:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-St...1478697666&sr=1-2&keywords=thermos+food+flask

It's slightly smaller than the one you linked but you can easily get a whole tin of soup in there. I also take chilli / curry / Bolognese or anything like that in it too and you can get about the same amount as you would in one of those plastic take away containers so for me it's the perfect size :)

Thank you so much - I got one of these today in my local argos. I can't wait to use it for lunch on Monday :)

I made a 10-veg soup yesterday evening and took it to work this morning in my new flask - it was delicious! And piping hot at 1pm! Thanks so much @Grunka Lunka - lifesaver!

Would definitely recommend this to anyone struggling for warm lunches!

Back