Healthy Extra's guidence

dazd1970

Gold Member
Hi, relatively new to slimming world and pretty much get it, but just cant seem to get my head around the healthy extra's, so i tend to stick to the formula of bread OR cereal, milk OR cheese. But what about mixing? Here is an example of what i mean.

Home made Lasagne.
Mince meat, onions, light spray of oil, peppers, bacon, garlic(optional), tinned toms, tom puree, crumbled oxo cube.
Dried lasagne sheets.

Then, although i have seen recipes using Quark etc, have i got this right as far as the concept is concerned?

Cheese sauce.
300ml milk
60g cheese
Nob of butter
Tblsp Flour.

This lasagne makes a dish that is divided into 6 portions once cooked, so surely the amounts should be divided by 6, thus bringing the milk and cheese to within boundaries? (I know the butter could be an issue but can it count towards syns?)

Forgive me if im being a bit stupid and coming across as thick here, I'm just determined to get all this right, but i love my lasagne. lol.

Without me doing the actual maths, you've got the right idea (it does look as though you personally wouldn't have had enough for your HEa allowance for that day but I appreciate that's just one meal). If you're following EE plan, you're allowed a specific amount of milk or cheese per day - if you decide to have 1/2 of your allowance of daily milk, you can also have 1/2 the daily allowance of cheese.

It might also be worth syn'ing the milk and cheese (as there's not much in the recipe) and still having your full allowance for the day with other meals.

You could also replace the mince for quorn or soya mince (and you also have meat-free other meals that day) you can actually have a full daily allowance of the milk AND the full allowance of the cheese because on a Green day you are allowed x 2 HEa :D.

As you said, you'd have to syn the knob of butter (and the flour) but again, as it's divided by 6 the individual serving wouldn't break the bank.

Thanks for that, im getting the basics, but as i have posted elsewhere, im struggling with the healthy extras and what exactly i can have and amounts. i shall make more of an effort to find some info on it now.

Back