Healthy Extras / snacks question

Christiana

Mens sana in corpore sano
Hello all, just after a little advice and suggestions:

Can someone tell me if Alpen Nut Crunch / shredded wheat is still a HEX B (and what quantities)?

I seem to have misplaced my old SW book, and I've decided to go back to my local class, which is on wednesday's, but I normally do my weekly shop on Tuesdays.

The second thing is, I have a major sweet tooth, but I like to try preserving my syns until the evening. I find it difficult finding decent sweet snacks for during the day (besides fruit). So my questions are:

Yoghurt: I've never been a 'yoghurt' person, but I am prepared to give it a go. Could you possibly recommend your favourites by taste? I've tried Mullerlights...don't particularly love them :(

Never ever tasted cottage cheese, quark - what's it like, taste wise? What's the best thing to do with them?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Hello all, just after a little advice and suggestions:

Can someone tell me if Alpen Nut Crunch / shredded wheat is still a HEX B (and what quantities)?

I seem to have misplaced my old SW book, and I've decided to go back to my local class, which is on wednesday's, but I normally do my weekly shop on Tuesdays.

The second thing is, I have a major sweet tooth, but I like to try preserving my syns until the evening. I find it difficult finding decent sweet snacks for during the day (besides fruit). So my questions are:

Yoghurt: I've never been a 'yoghurt' person, but I am prepared to give it a go. Could you possibly recommend your favourites by taste? I've tried Mullerlights...don't particularly love them :(

Never ever tasted cottage cheese, quark - what's it like, taste wise? What's the best thing to do with them?

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Yes Alpen luxury nut crunch is a healthy extra, 28g. You can also have 28g shredded wheat as a healthy extra.

My fave yogurt is Total Greek yogurt 2% fat. It's only 0.5 syn a pot and I add a tsp of honey for 1 syn. Its deliciously creamy!

Cottage cheese is not a fave of mine either. I like the flavoured ones like cottage cheese with pineapple, cottage cheese with prawns etc (just make sure to check for syns) it's nice on toast or jacket potatoes. Quark can be used in any recipe that requires cream or coconut milk. I use it a lot in curries.

Hi Christiana

If you don't like Muller Lights maybe try Activia FF Yogurts? I never used to like these but since starting SW I eat them all of the time. Also, Onken Fat Free Strawberry/Vanilla/Pink Grapefruit yogurt is nice. It is syn free.

For low syn snacks, I've started having Weight Watchers Jelly Crystals at 0.5 syns a tube. Really nice and actually fills me up a lot!

Also, maybe try mini meringue nests (1 syn each) crushed with strawberries/raspberries? I've been having these with some FF yogurt and it's stopped me from munching on too much chocolate :)

Also, maybe try mini meringue nests (1 syn each) crushed with strawberries/raspberries? I've been having these with some FF yogurt and it's stopped me from munching on too much chocolate :)

That sounds yummy I think I'm going to have to give that a go.

I'm thinking that an alpen light bar, the berries one or a kellogs fibre extra bar broken over the top of the yoghurt and meringue would be heavenly!

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys! I will give the Activia FF/Onken yogs a go. I didn't know those Meringue nests were only a syn! I don't know why, I thought they were much more!

I really like the WW yogurts too. Normally buy muller but I've switched to WW because they seem less artificial. Probably not but seem it.

Fromage frais is lovely chopped up fruit and a little sweetener. I buy the big tubs of shop own brand just because of the price.

I eat alot of cottage cheese, great with a salad or in a pitta bread. I think it's one of those things people either love or hate. The texture is just weird!

Edit:I actually meant shape zero not WW thought WW one's are good too.

I like the shape zero yogurts & WW dessert ones. IMO they are much creamier then mullers :)

I thought the meringue nests were 2.5syns each? I will check that later migt be doing myself out of some syns!! lol

Cottage cheese isn't one of my fav's either - BUT in a SW Quiche its lovely & you can adapt the flavour to what you want :)

Yes Laura, I think it's the texture that gives me the wiggins! Gettingthinnerbytheday, I thought they were upwards of 4 syns myself, but I'm flying blind at the minute. But, I'm glad I'm wrong! Also are the big shredded wheat biscuits a HEB too? I ask a lot of questions....:eek:

1 shredded wheat + 1 ryvita fruit crunch is a HeB.

My children won't go near cottage cheese but I love it. The co-op do a chive one which is free and nice to have that little extra flavour. Their pineapple one is only 1/2 syn for about half a tub I think so another good option. I haven't checked but it might be similar with asda/tesco etc. Cottage cheese is great for quiche because you can't see it.:D

Hope you enjoy being back at group this week.:)

if you do use Quark, I love it on top of my quorn chilli, dont forget you can add some spices to it ie chilli or curry powder and its still fee. (I cant stand cottage cheese so cant help there)

Thanks for your input everybody!

I like the cottage cheese with chives and onion and I normally have this on Rivita (4 for HeB)
Have you tried Crawford Pink and Whites for a sweet alternative too? I believe they are 2.5 syns each.
WW fat free yoghurt is nice tasting too.

As for meringues - they are 1 syn if they are the MINI ones - about the size of a 50p,

2.5/3 syns for the desert size (about 3 inch across)

hth

Back