Healthy Extras

sunshine24

Hi all,

I've just been thinking about how I don't always have my HEB each day and I only use my HEA for milk in tea and I only have 1 cup a day if that, so effectively I am not having my HEA either.

I know HE are to ensure a healthy diet but how much affect does it have on weight loss if you don't have them every day?

Does anyone have any experience in this?

I normally have good losses but did a flexi-day last week and only lost .5lbs which I was happy with but was expecting a better loss this week but again it was .5lbs. Just wondering if lack of HE has something to do with it.

Many thanks

Your HEs are there to ensure you have a nutritionally balanced diet rather than to aid weight loss. So not having them should not negatively impact on your losses. Depending on how big a flexi day you had it may be that it is catching up with you. But whatever the reason you still had a loss so try and focus on that as a postive rather than a negative as this will set you up better mentally for the next week.

I barely use my HEXA in milk as I take it almost black so i now syn the little milk i use and use my HEXA up in cheese each day x

I don't always have my a either as I don't drink tea or coffee & I am better staying away from cheese altogether as it is one of my weaknesses, the only days I use my hea is if I have ryvita with dairylea for breakfast....

I tend to use my HE's as a snack... if I want something more than fruit i first turn to my HE's. usually 2 or 4 alpen lights (depending on plan i'm on that day) or I have a HiFi bar... and I've always got babybels and extra light laughing cow cheese triangles to put on a bit of ham to snack on :)
I don't drink tea or coffee and so don't really have milk.
I also like to take a few alpens and babybels with me when I go out shopping or anything incase I get hungry while out

I think might get some babybels as a snack and use them as my HEA rather than wasting my hea allowance.

The flexi-syn day wasn't that huge and i had very little syns for the rest of that week as i syn weekly. Nevermind, these things happen I suppose and at least it was a loss.

Thanks for your advice.

Back