Healthy Extras

ChunkeeMonkiee

Hi everyone,

I am trying to be economical and swap a few branded products to supermarket own. However cannot find 'sainsburys lighter mature cheese' in healthy extras section online or see it under syns.

I'm hoping that it would be the same HEA equivilent as say 42g of cathedral city light? does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanku

You are going to think I am stalking you as i just answered your other thread.

I am pretty sure it would be the same 42g for a healthy extra portion. I buy my reduced fat cheddar at aldi it is cheap and lovely. It also melts well, i never buy regular cheese anymore even if i am entertaining.

Teresa

Yes you can swap for supermarket brands as longs as its reduced fat cheese. I by the Asda one and have brought the sainsburys one.

It actually says on the food diary just reduced fat cheddar 42 g before it goes onto named brands so definitely fine. Having 42g or reduced fat mature cheddar stirred into a pasta n sauce with load sof leeks for dinner tonight. My fav easy meal at the moment.

Thankyou ladies, I've packed up my sandwiches with the reduced fat cheese ready for my night shift :)

HaHa no don't think your a stalker DerbyNanny, appreciative of your input! That cheesy leak pasta sounds yummy, deffo giving that a go. I've just made a very yummy tea:

Pasta, sun dried tomatoes 28g (1.5 syns), Feta Cheese (3 syns), Cardini's light ceaser sauce (1 syn) & lettuce. I know thats 5.5 syns but worth it as tasty & filling.

How many syns do you two try to have per day? :)

I saw the sainsbury's cheese for the first time today and got some, so I hope it's nice. I like Cathedral City lighter, but only when it's on offer!

Back