Healthy option B

Murungu

Hello,

I am a newbie. I have joined this site as I've decided to loose the weight, and since I gave up drinking and took up baking, now seemed like a good time!

I like making breakfast muffins, crumpets et. If I replace the processed white flour for wholemeal, get rid of as much of sugar and fat as possible, and keep the weight within the limit (60g), can I use what I make as a healthy B option? If not, what's the equation? I am pretty much doing it anyway, but it'd be good to know.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am a newbie. I have joined this site as I've decided to loose the weight, and since I gave up drinking and took up baking, now seemed like a good time!

I like making breakfast muffins, crumpets et. If I replace the processed white flour for wholemeal, get rid of as much of sugar and fat as possible, and keep the weight within the limit (60g), can I use what I make as a healthy B option? If not, what's the equation? I am pretty much doing it anyway, but it'd be good to know.

Pete

If you make standard wholemeal bread, then 60g can be used as a heB but I wouldn't have thought muffins and crumpets would be ok-these things have to be synned. The only way you'd get a definitive answer would be to contact SW directly!
Also can you try to post healthy extra queries in the 'healthy extra' sub forum, to keep the main board uncluttered(thats why they created the subforums) then it also means mods don't have to move your posts-plus if someone else uses the search with a similar question, they can find your post easier HTH x

Most breads have sugar and fat in them, with the substitution of sweetener and the omission of fat, the only difference is baking powder, and I can not see how that wold be an issue.

does anyone know the equations for this diet to work this out? I can post the recipe if it helps.

Most breads have sugar and fat in them, with the substitution of sweetener and the omission of fat, the only difference is baking powder, and I can not see how that wold be an issue.

does anyone know the equations for this diet to work this out? I can post the recipe if it helps.

There is no equation-as I said you'd need to speak to SW direct, cos its not that easy

Last edited:
Okay, we'll I've worked out the stats, using an on line calculator, the difference is so negligible that I don't have any concerns using them in place of bread. Using various other wholemeal products I have worked out the cut off point so I have that and the maximum fat and sugar content too. So it makes it easier.

what I'll do is work out fat, calcium, fibre etc, and then I can build my own equation. Like I did with the syns.

shall I post it so you can tell me if its right?

Back