healthy!

losemenow

So i have made a decision. basically the past few months i have finally gotten a grip on my weight and health by cutting out stuff i am allergic too and living a very healthy diet. This year alone ive had swine flu, the mumps and god only knwos what else as well as a pcos diagnosis then last weekend i cracked and after three days of not eating correctly my sinuses flared up, i felt like crap and im bloated.

soooo i have decided that for once and for all to cut refined sugar, gluten and as much dairy as possible from my diet. This Christmas to avoid feeling weak and sick, lack of energy, bloated and in a lot of discomfort and above all getting sinus infections and run down as much as i do, i am not eating anything that does not agree with me. On top of that i dont want to spend my xmas worried about how i look because i feel so uncomfortable

i am slowly but surely realising that bad foods not only make me look worse but i feel worse. finally i am reaching the correct mentality of looking at food s a means of energy and not just a means of tasting good. ive realised that after years of binge eating and comfort eating, the taste of chcolate and pizza is never worth the headaches, the sneezing and the weight gain and that when i feed my body with the right stuff, i not only look better but feel better. my mood is better and my immune system is miles better.

so tomorrow i am starting a new healthy lifestyle. no challenges no 28 days a new me

wish me luck.

jan x

Those are fab weight loss stats. my stats are pants, I started dieting back in july, and as soon as I got in thr 11's I let things slip and now I am back to where I started (-1). I so need to get a grip of myself - I have my friends wedding coming up in 5 weeks, with xmas and exams in between as well.
so i'm with you on this one, - in that when i want pizza or chocolate i'm going to think of how crap I feel afterwards.
i've also got myself a little a5 diary so i can jot down my thoughts etc.

good luck

Good luck Jan with the new healthy diet! I try to avoid gluten too but I'm a sucker for refined sugar and milk.

Do you really think refined sugar is bad for the immune system? I've been getting so many colds lately and I've been eating food with lots of refined sugar because I feel fed up and too tired to cook properly. I wonder if it's a vicious circle.

all i know is when i cut out refined sugar gluten and dairy bar a nutarl yoghurt in the morning, my energy is amazing, my eyes are bright and i feel miles better. im allergic to gluten and dairyand refined sugar just makes me feel awful head aches etc not good.so today after a week of not eating well ive a head cold from sinuses and choc, a bloated belly, about 4 pounds up AND ive a really sick stomach. think its time i looked at my diet with the mentality if i eat the things that dont agree ill be sick not ill be fat. cos im yo toing and its not good. today has been a bad day life wise due to family stuff and im not eating loads cos stomach is sick but im oven chips and oven onion rings on so im just going with tomorrow is monday. im no longer looking at xmas as a way to binge and so im being careful, im gonna do my best to treat it like every other day and i.e. not eat stuffing, choc, sweets and just enjoy my dinner, my pressies my family and friends.

i need to cop on cos everyone from my family to my friends all tell me that when i cut it out im in better form, better mood and i look better. after an hour on the toilet DYING with an upset stomach, watery eyes and a runny noise i think its time i say cop on its time to stop making excuses and eat what agrees with u.

im very annoyed with myself, i was doing so well and now i feel like crap mentally and physically.not cos of the weight gain cos truthfully u dont notice it, but because i feel physically unwell and i know im to blame.

when i eat well i have more energy and exercise more and i dont get colds.

tonight im hoovering my room and making a list of what i cant have and hiding it then im making a list of what i can eat and putting it on my wall and in my pocket diary. im all for positive thinging and i think if i stare long enough at what i cant have ill only binge. time to change the mentality.

(ive been reading the secret)

ok so thats it rant over. gonna sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself and make plan and tidy room.

best of luck xxx

Hi Jan - with those symptoms it does sound like a real food allergy or food intolerance. Best of luck with eating better. Hope Christmas goes well! And good luck with fending off all mince pies and Christmas puddings and people saying 'just have one slice, one slice can't do you any harm' etc.

Back