Heartbroken Newbie

Hi all!

Well I am currently on my journey with slimming world and have been since January... I have 3 lbs to go till I reach 2 stone. I begun my journey with my 4 and a half year long relationship boyfriend and sadly now hes lost nearly 3 stone hes decided he wants to do it alone and lose weight and go out and have fun. I have had to move groups so we do not see each other, and its been the most awful time of my life I am really struggling. I thought I would join this site for some inspiration and support to help keep me on track. The best way to get someone back is by succeeding and showing them how far youve come. I NEED to lose weight and I NEED to graduate in July. Everything is really tough and hoping everyone here is friendly and supportive. :) I look forward to chatting to you all and getting to know you.

My names Vikki btw and I am 25 :) xx

Hi Vikki, welcome! I love this site (I'm a fellow newbie!)

Sorry to hear you're not feeling 100% right now.

How much more do you have to lose? (Well done on the nearly 2 stone mark though, go you!) :D Weight losing is tough, I find it struggle too, but we'll get there, it takes lots of motivation & hard work but it's so do-able!! :)

aw Vikki, big hugs to you, sounds like you're having an awful time hun.

Its a shame about your relationship you must be gutted and having to cope with Uni work too is really difficult, I'm struggling with my dissertation at the minute too.

Welcome to minimins, you will find lots of support here, you've done really well so far to lose 2 stone in a few months, took me a year to reach that lol.

Keep going, keep your chin up, look to the very bright future you have in front of you hun, have you read this months SW mag? try the 'attitude of gratitude' approach, will help keep you positive. Also my GP recommended I read 'Who moved my cheese?' its a short book which really helps to focus your mind and help you through difficult times,

Hope to see you here more often and hear about your successes xx

Hello, welcome you'll get lots of support here.

Sadly weight loss doesn't just mean good things, ppl change with it, sometimes not for better but all I'd say is don't let it make you give up.
You are doing great at 2 stone and can get out there and get enjoying your new figure to be it now or when you get to where ud like to be :)

Thank you everyone :) it is reassuring to know I have support here! And I shall look up that book Kerryathome and see what its like :) I am willing to try anything right now! I started at 18 stone 8lbs and need to get down to about 11 stone so I have just over 5 stone to go... so its a long process but I WILL get there! I will not give up but I just need to help keep focused! I need to find some pics... always good to look back at old photos and see how far youve come! :)

have a look at the before and after pics, sometimes its difficult to imagine that its possible to lose a lot of weight. I think its princess stevie who has done a running progress pic board, fab idea xx

Oh hon it sounds like your having a rotten time. Bug hugs! Keep going, you can do it :) xxx

What a tw.... cu....... I have no nice words for him, I'm sorry.

One of my main worries about me and my Boyf losing weight together is if he reaches his target and leaves me to "go and have fun" I got with him at my lightest which was 12st 7lbs. I'm now 14st 2lbs again so it's not like I'd change and leave him to go and have fun, I was nearly at target when I met him.

Good luck to you, this forum is a great support. You'll find someone who loves you for you, and of course your ever slimming figure!

Well done for sticking at it :D

My friend lost weight and is now a lap dancer at 35yrs old ditched all her mates that weren't "perfect bodies" and has a much younger set of dancing friends. New found confidence comes out in ppl in so many ways so it goes right to there head, others use it to put ppl down others use it to help ppl.

hi vikki, hugs and support whenever required my lovely.

xxx

Thank you all so much! I just wish i could get over him and be ok about it all! I met a guy last Thursday which i know is very soon after breaking up but I'm not sure if I believe in fate... But if i do then this could well be perfect timing but if not hey I get a date and the chance to not think about my ex for one night! Fingers crossed it goes well... When I have to go to his group in a couple of weeks il just have to look smoking hot and ignore him and look happy... Even if it is a lie! :( time will tell! Thank you all again so much :)

Hi Vikki, welcome!
I am really sorry about the crappy time you've had. When you are feeling better you will see how that idiot did you a favour. Nobody deserves to be treated like you have been.
There is lots of support here, good luck on sw xx

Hi Vikki.
Sit down, re-read the books & just plan that you are going to do it & show him!
Just stick to the plan & you will do it as you now have the incentive to go for it.
Good luck & remember tomorrow is another day! Keep us informed of your success..............
Pete

Hey hun me and my boyfriend are loosing weight I'm 17 st and need to lose at least 5-6 stone I fear this happening to me but he tells me it won't all the time ..... Keep smiling hun and mayb that date will help u over come ur ex as when u go to his group hold ur head high and strut ur stuff hun xx

Back