HEAs and HEBs

Bubbles1

Hi there,
I have a Healthy Extras question I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with - do people tend to have 2 HEB and 2 HEA every day, or only 1 HEA? Do the numbers of HEs you can have depend on what colour day it is?
Thanks so much,
Bubbles

Only EE affects the amount of HEs you have - red & green you can have 2 HEb, and 1 or 2 HEa. You choose wether to have 2 HEa or not. :)

On Red or Green days you have two HEBs and HEAs. It's important to use both HEBs - and ideally both HEAs (my C says it's not too bad to not use two HEAs every day but says to try to).

Extra Easy means only 1 HEB and 1 HEA every day. You use syns for the second if you still want to have two.

On everyday you have 15syns.

Hope this helps x

I have got so used to having just one of each on EE that when I accidentally do a red/green day I struggle to have them.

Like with all food, you should never force yourself to eat anything- if you want them, have them, but don't eat for the sake of it (same with syns). Use them as a maximum guide not to go above.

xxxx

I often have 1 HEXA but always 2 HEB's. My consultant says its important to have 2 B choices as thats your fibre (unless you're on EE in which I believe its different)

i'm sticking to 1 hea and 2 heb, I am happy with that alongside my free foods and syns, its always plenty :D , however , if I am hungry I will use it as my emergency provisions lol

I have got so used to having just one of each on EE that when I accidentally do a red/green day I struggle to have them.

Like with all food, you should never force yourself to eat anything- if you want them, have them, but don't eat for the sake of it (same with syns). Use them as a maximum guide not to go above.

xxxx

I disagree with this. IMO you MUST have BOTH your HEb's. Not optional to have one or none. And you MUST have at least one HEa too.

If you're not hungry then it's because you haven't planned your Healthy Extras into your day.

If you get to the end of the day and haven't had your HEbs and you're not hungry, I still believe you should have them - couple of HiFi bars or something.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Oh, and I ALWAYS have both my HEa's :)

I disagree with this. IMO you MUST have BOTH your HEb's. Not optional to have one or none. And you MUST have at least one HEa too.

If you're not hungry then it's because you haven't planned your Healthy Extras into your day.

If you get to the end of the day and haven't had your HEbs and you're not hungry, I still believe you should have them - couple of HiFi bars or something.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Oh, and I ALWAYS have both my HEa's :)
That's great if it works for you.

We all have our own journey to take. I personally am trying to teach myself to eat like a 'normal' person and I know that a normal attitude to food does not include forcebly eating anything. I look at it like the '5 a day' guidelines for healthy eating. This is a recommended guideline and will obviously have health benefits, and I will make efforts in that regard, but I don't believe anyone should force down food they don't want. I feel that words like 'MUST' and 'HAVE' are damaging to a healthy outlook towards eating sensibly.

I suppose I could plan better, but life happens! My priority is unlearning my unhealthy relationship with food, and learning to treat it without massive stigma/comfort factor/regulations, and I believe SW allows me to do that

Find a way that works for you Bubbles- we are all different

I had a feeling my reply wouldn't go down as well as planned.

My point was that to follow SW to the letter, you have to have 2 HEbs and 1 or 2 HEas per day.

If you can find a way outside of the rules of SW to lose weight, then good luck.

All that matters at the end of the day is we lose our weight and keep it off :)

I agree, if you want to follow SW 100% then you must have 2 HEb and at least 1 HEa (on red/green). If you tweak, and it works, fantastic! But you arent following SW 100 %, and it coudl also be detrimental for some.

Also, i fyou go to class, your consultant isnt going to be much use to you if you dont follow the plan.

I understand what CocktailPrincess is saying and do agree that you shouldn't force yourself to eat if you're not hungry. But that said I think the solution is to prioritise having your HEBs over some of the free foods and syns, for instance have some cereal or dried apricots rather than a mugshot/pasta and sauce. :)

if you do red or green but only have one of each then you are doing extra easy still, its just you are only eating certain foods on ee you can choose from any but you don't have to have meat and carbs, if you don't have a & b then its not sw but one of each is ee

HarryHill_fight.jpg

lol

Anyway Bubbles- From the SW website (in case you wanted the definitive answer, rather than all of our opinions/interpretations):

Q: Do I have to eat all my Healthy Extras every day?

A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

xxxxx

Back