Heeeeeellllppppp!!!!!!

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
I've made a decision re CD - I'm going to really hit it with a bit of a mission.. It's now 6 weeks exactly today until the wedding - so..

28th May - 10th June = Sole Source..
11th June - 24th June = 790
25th June - 6th July = 1000 plan...

I've always been really nervous about SSing, but with the fact it's only for 2 weeks I think I can do it.. Plus I really do need to get some more weight off before the wedding and, realistically, I'm going to be having proper dress fittings from the 25th June onwards..

So - am sticking to the 1000 plan this weekend (as much as I can considering what we've got a wedding today and a friend over tomorrow for his birthday!) and then hitting the SS on monday..

Any tips/hints/help would be really appreciated - how long does it take to get into ketosis, what does it feel like, am I going to be hungry etc etc.. I dont drink tea or coffee and only ever have coke zero if I'm in the pub - so no worries about caffiene withdrawel.. As much info as you lovely lot can throw at me would be really appreciated, I've always been really unsure as to whether I'd be able to SS - and especially as I'm going to SS having done later plans..

Bring on Monday!!!!

Hi Sunflowerbride

It sounds to me like you have really thought this through and I think your right, having set times in your mind may make it that bit easier for you. And what an incentive you have to stick with it. I'm sure you will be looking fab in your dress.

Ketosis varies for people, some take anything from 3-7 days and others are lucky enough to "see the pink" within 24 hours. If you are starting on Monday it may be worth cutting down on your carb intake over the weekend, just to make things that bit easier for you next week. You may find that you will be hungry at times but once ketosis sets in you'll be fine. I'm sure you've heard and read it many times but drink lots of water, especially when you get the grumbly tummy and think that you may want to eat. Some people mistake hunger for thirst. What does ketosis feel like?????? Well, your mouth can feel like the pits, all furry and I know that the smell of ketones on the breath is not pleasant, may be worth investing in some gold spot. Again drinking water will help with this as it will flush the ketones out of your system. On the plus side when you are in ketosis you don't feel hungry and some say that they have a feeling of wellness and bursting with energy (the energy thing never happened with me but I did feel well). Plus, just think with all of the water you will be drinking your skin will look great on your wedding day.
It will be a good idea to get some lovely pampering items in and some good books as you may need a distraction from food and a long soak in the bath with a good book always helps. Plus use this site as somewhere to shout out for help. Someone will always be around to offer support, encouragement and congratulations. If all else fails than an early night is in order, can't eat when you are sleeping!!!!!

Don't worry you will be fine and I look forward to reading how you get on and seeing the fab pictures of you in your dress.

Good luck for Monday.

Jazzy x

Well you both seem to have it in hand, im sure you will be fitting in that dress perfectly.
Good luck for monday.

Great post Jazzy. full of info on what to expect, thanks.

Jazzy, that's fabulous, thank you so much!!!!

We went to a wedding last night - the woman who got married is someone I used to go running with before I injured my knee.. Her dress was 3 sizes too small when she ordered it and she looked absolutely AMAZING last night, I want to look that amazing too...

So, seeing how 2 weeks goes, I may even carry on for 4 weeks... That would take me up to my first dress fitting and I could then go up to the the 790 programme for a week and then 1000 for the week in the run up to the wedding...

Bring on tomorrow and the shakes!!!!!!

oh - and ps, the water hopefully shouldn't be a problem - I'm drinking 4-5 litres a day now!!

Back