heeeeelp!!! LEG CRAMPS!!

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
Has or is anyone else suffering with leg cramps? i dont know if its not enough water or if its the cold but my thighs are really painful :'(

I have been getting leg cramps too but they are in the calf of my legs. I usually have to jump out of bed at night with severe cramp and stretch it out. It's really annoying.
I haven't had any in my thighs so far but that sounds painful. Does it happen during the day or at night?
I haven't a clue if it's the diet that's causing my cramps as I would have been prone to getting the odd cramp while sleeping (apparently I don't move much during my sleep so that may bring it on).

I get them during the day and night but seem to be getting worse during the day! really uncomfortable and painful, im drinking at least 2litres most days its 3 litres this isnt including my peppermint teas so i have no idea i am really cold all the time, even now im sat here with two pairs of leggings under my trousers! :( roll on the summer when its warmer!

I'm the same with the cold. I have a heater on underneath my desk in work to keep my legs warm and I wear fingerless gloves too. I've been getting funny looks from my boss (he doesn't know I'm on this diet).
Maybe you should ask your pharmacist about the leg cramps because that sounds very painful. They should be able to tell you if it's a normal side effect and recommend how to ease the pain.

Well its funny you should say that, as Im actually at the doctors tomorrow to discuss my skin ive got welts all oover my head, stomach and back i think its an allegry to something, my skin has never looked as bad! they are so itchy i just hope they dont give me antibiotics cause you have to eat with them :( and im going to mention my leg cramps too! the more i think about it the more i think its the cold but best to check. its my second weigh in tomorrow too so hopefully that should motivate me :)

i wore my coat all morning at my part time job and my boss just laughed! i work in a gym on reception, but its always freezing due to having the fans on they dont know im doing this either!

I get leg cramps in the calf of my legs and have to stretch them out..as for the cold I constantly look like I'm going hiking when I'm in doors :)

Yes definitely ask your doctor about the cramps too. I hope they can sort you out with the skin problem as that sounds very uncomfortable. Hopefully there's a cream or something they can prescribe you for that.
I think my boss suspects I'm doing something "drastic". He was lecturing me the other day for drinking too much water. He kept telling me that drinking so much water can be bad for your health... lol. I couldn't tell him that I need the extra water because I'm not eating. I just couldn't be bothered with having to explain and defend the diet because I know he'll not understand it.
Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow by the way. That will definitely be a good source of motivation for you. My weigh-in isn't until Thursday.

I get leg cramps in the calf of my legs and have to stretch them out..as for the cold I constantly look like I'm going hiking when I'm in doors :)

Oh elle82 I get those cramps too, they're so painful.
My kids are complaining about mummy's cold hands all the time too... lol
The things we put ourselves through to lose weight, but I think it's worth it and it won't be forever :)

Yeah some people dont understand the collegues i have in the gym are strictly against any VLCD so i just keep it quiet ive always dranked loads so thats no different. Good luck for thursdys weigh-in will let you know how i get on tomorrow! :) xx

Ive contracted Hot Tub Folliculitis!! its a bacteria infection that you get from hot tubs, ive caught this infection from my local gym!!! needless to say they have had serious letter and phone call ive spent £29 on perscription creams etc which they will be paying for and offering comp for all the upset! i itch all the time its awful!

Ive contracted Hot Tub Folliculitis!! its a bacteria infection that you get from hot tubs, ive caught this infection from my local gym!!! needless to say they have had serious letter and phone call ive spent £29 on perscription creams etc which they will be paying for and offering comp for all the upset! i itch all the time its awful!

OH MY BL**DY GOD!!!!!!!!! thats horrific!!! im so pleased you went, how awful. and good on you for giving them a telling off! how awful!!! they damn well ought to give you compensation and opay for the prescription! MASSIVE HUGS, hope your better soon hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I ha a couple of small outbreaks on my hands about week 3. Looks like folliculitis but they are dying down with just e45. No idea if it's LT related and haven't been using strange bath areas. The cramps wont have much to do with your water intake, but if you were getting a lot of potassium in your diet before and not now that will cause cramps. No idea how much potassium is in a daily round of LT, don't have the bag near me. I'd have no idea how to fix it if it is potassiums levels though. :-(

I suffered quite bad leg cramps for a while but thankfully it passed. I don't know why but they just stopped. I hope that happens for you

OMG that's bad. I hope the creams sort you out quickly. Have the cramps in your thighs calmed down any?
How did you get on in your weigh-in by the way? I lost 3.5lbs which seems to be the norm for me now. It would be nice if the number was a bit higher but I keep telling myself that every two weeks I'm losing half a stone :)
Feel better soon

Hello Pinklady
I always suffer night cramps when I am successfully dieting - mostly in the calves but sometimes in the toes and thighs.I take Crampex tablets
(available without prescription)+Slimline tonic which contains quinine.
Another tip from a friend which works is to eat a packet of salt& vinegar crisps + a large glass of water - perhaps not an option for dieters.
Hope this helps.

Normally I would get a bannana into me quick, but not an option with LT. Maybe there are suitable potassium supplements from a health store?

Hi LainaG well done on the 3.5ibs loss, i lost 5.5ibs this week. But now im on antibiotics along with hibscrub and two creams for this skin infection its hair folliculitis, absolute agony! cant wait for the antibiotics to kick in! the leg cramps only come if i dont drink enough water now, the other day i tested it to see if that was what it was and yes it is! banana's i have heard of eating them before to get rid of it and the crisps but cant have either, will just plod along drinking gallons of water lol :) thanks everyone! xx

Wow 5.5lb weight loss is super Pinklady. I'm sure u r pleased. That's good that the doctor has prescribed you an antibiotic for your skin infection, hopefully it'll kick in pretty quickly for you.
I'll have to try & increase my water intake to see if it helps my leg cramps too.

Back