heeeelllllo

moominmama

I wanna be a princess :0)
:wave_cry: hi i am new to this forum but not to weightloss. my journey began in 2005 weighing over twenty stones i joined scottish slimmers was losing well but due to work had to go it alone in sept 09. i have successfully lost over 8 stones got down to 11 stones at my lowest but over a year i maintained at between 11 6 and 11 12. last november i had over 6 lbs of excess skin removed my weight has crept up a bit but i decided that i was going to have a change and a big push to get to goal but needed to change the diet i was on so i have choosen slimming world. i am loving it so far no weigh in yet its just nice very little counting and loadsa food :D my question is will i really lose weight ?? any expereiences i msticking to the rules but loving being able to eat:p

any comments welcome

thanks for your reply bexy. i am new to forums full stop so hopefully you will get this lol. well done to you to for your weightloss i really think its a lifelong change and feel much more able to do it. because i am a chocoholic i wasnt eating much food just chocolate and hungry all the time!!! so i think a diet that limits the sweetstuff is needed i stick to food all day and last thing at night a bar of choc needless to say my healthy b's are cereal bars!!! weigh in on sunday i am rrrr nervous. best wishes and good luck to you too !!

Your welcome!! I have only been a member on this forum about 2 weeks and its totally fab! I used to eat chocolate every day too and now I just save it for special occasions or TOTM or after WI, that's if I fancy it! I don't get cravings for it as much any more!! My really down fall though is savoury bits - totally addict to crisps!!! Though WW do some which are only 4 syns a bag!!! I love them!!! :D Good Luck with WI Sunday!!!

Your welcome!! I have only been a member on this forum about 2 weeks and its totally fab! I used to eat chocolate every day too and now I just save it for special occasions or TOTM or after WI, that's if I fancy it! I don't get cravings for it as much any more!! My really down fall though is savoury bits - totally addict to crisps!!! Though WW do some which are only 4 syns a bag!!! I love them!!! :D Good Luck with WI Sunday!!!
hey:wave_cry:
i am learning fast i have smileies this time lol:) i have found that already loads less cravings. i am walking round with this lovely warm feeling in my tummy.....it must be satisfaction:p i just really think if i can lose on this diet it may get me to the end of my journey at last !!!! i cant beleive i havent peaked at the scales i think i am firghtend i have put on:eek:
time will tell:D
do u do easy easy??? if u dont mind me asking i just seem to like green even though i love meat i seem to like green the best. i really cant beleive i would lose on easy easy.....i shouldnt be soo sceptical lol

hehe i work out of a drs surgery so have scales on room also .......but i only weigh myself naked so that puts pay to work weigh ins rofl:D

please could someone give me advice i have included a few week days and weekend diaries i had a total of 95 sins all week 4 green days two red and on ee. istatred last sun weighed at night in at 12 5.......this am after what i would say was a week of no cheating i am 12 3 and a half i think i would weigh this anyway as i amalways lighter in the am. My questions are:
is it because i have already lost over 8 stones counting cals?
i have my period will this make a difference?
am i eating too much??
is it because i saved my sins till the weekend so i am weighing myself after two days of high sins?
please help i dont want to have to change back to counting cals again? thanks everyone in advance feeling sorry for mesell:confused::(
MONDAY
Free Foods
apples
pineapple
bananas
raspberries
blueberries
rice
mushrooms
Sausages, 4 pack, frozen
pears
Savoury Rice, Beef, dried
pears
very low fat natural yogurt

Healthy Extras
a 250ml semi-skimmed milk
b 1 Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar, 28g bar
b 6 brazil nuts, shelled & whole

Syns
Bisto, Gravy Granules, Chicken, dried 1 Syn
Veg Pot, Moroccan Roasted Vegetable Tagine with Couscous, chilled 6½ Syns
Mullerlight Inspired By Yogurt, New York Style Cheesecake 1 Syn

Total:8½ Syns

wednesday

apples

potatoes
baked beans in tomato sauce
Quorn pieces
bananas
eggs
eggs

Healthy Extras
b 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars, 21g bar, all varieties
b 20 cashew nuts, shelled & whole

Syns
Flake, Dipped 10½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Sugar, brown 1 Syn

Total:12½ Syns
FRIDAY
apples
eggs
potatoes
bananas
Quorn pieces
broccoli
broccoli
carrots

Healthy Extras

Syns
Barratt, Flumps, Fluffy Mallow Twists 1½ Syn
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Christmas, Magical Elves 3½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Green & Black's, Chocolate Squares 1 Syn
Tate & Lyle, Sugar Sachets 1 Syn

SATURDAY
Free Foods
apples
ham
bacon
lettuce
bananas
Stewed Steak with Gravy, canned
carrots
strawberries
eggs

Healthy Extras
b 1 slice Roberts Bakery Wholemeal bread (800g sliced loaf)
b 1 slice Roberts Bakery Wholemeal bread (800g sliced loaf)

Syns
Alpen, Light Apple & Sultana Cereal Bars 3 Syns
Non-branded, Eggs, fried in fat ½ Syn
Butter, full fat 3½ Syns
Non-branded, Eggs, fried in fat ½ Syn
Cadbury, Christmas, Magical Elves 3½ Syns
Sainsbury's, Coleslaw 4 Syns
Cadbury, Christmas, Magical Elves 3½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Finest, Dark Mint Chocolate Bar, 100g bar 6½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn

Total:27 Syns

SUNDAY
Free Foods
apples
eggs
lentils, all varieties
bananas
Quorn pieces
dried pasta, all types including low carb

Healthy Extras
a 175ml whole milk

Syns
Buttons 8½ Syns
Kraft, Mikado, Dark/Milk/White Chocolate ½ Syn
hp 1 Syn

Total:23 Syns

Sorry can't help with any advice on SW but saw your post and really laughed when I saw your list of Mikado Chocolates - I take it they're nice! :)

You mentioned in your first post about having your excess skin removed. Did you get this on the NHS?

Sorry can't help with any advice on SW but saw your post and really laughed when I saw your list of Mikado Chocolates - I take it they're nice! :)

You mentioned in your first post about having your excess skin removed. Did you get this on the NHS?
yeah they are nice and low sins i took them to the pics instead of popcorn.
i paid for the op myself i would have had to get to 10.5 stones and maintain for a year then weight two years for the op. well i knew that i am in good shape as i do pilates everyday so toned except the skin was awful and i knew how much it weighed i wanted to get it removed without the pressure. plus the fact via nhs they just do the job transform makesure result is astheically pleasing too. i am happy with how i look but need to lose the 7lb i gained at easter eggs plus parties plus me trying to look at increasing my cals to maintain. then i thought i would just change and do sw to try and get to 'target' if i can but as long as i get back under 11 12 i will settle for that size 14 and looking good lol :0) take care and good luck x

Thanks for the info Moominmama. I can see why you opted to do it yourself. Glad you're pleased with the result.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you. I would be more than happy to stay a size 14 for the rest of my days. Just to be able to buy clothes from pretty much everywhere rather than just certain shops would make me a happy bunny! xx

your welcome cat lover sue (i have three cats lol). you will get there i realise now i will have to do 'something' for the rest of my life..once i realised that it felt easier somehow but yeah i dont feel the need to be a 10 thank godness. believe it or not i still go in evans cos 14's are usually on sale :D
take care of yourself and keep similing xx

thanks everyone just a quick update week one 1.5 loss and week two 3 lb loss so very pleased this week. i am going to try and cut back on syns this week only because i am on holiday for 4 days next week. i normally have the full 15. but thought should i change this in anticipation of the holiday where i aint going to go mad but cant see being able to keep pn track either?? best wishes and support to everyone xx

thanks bexyboo.......................your right fun fun fun but there is a pool steam room and shops so it doesnt all have to be about food think i will be a bit synful but right back on when i get back lol cos no food is worth the mysery :) xx

You have got the right thinking head on - wish mine was more like that!! I'm going to Portugal for 5 days in a few weeks - there is a gym and a pool so I'm hoping I can do lots of working out!!! :D Are you going anywhere nice?? xx[/QUOT
awe ur hols sounds waaaaay better. i am going to york just me and my fiancee .....no kids so will be leisurely browsing sitting in various cafes and being loved up lol but we are staying at the marriot which is lovely so just wanting to chil :D wooooow there gym!!!! i dont do sweat ha ha every day i do ten mins of pilates with stretchband its sooooo easy and reallygood for toning but i cant see me in a gym. i would just say just enjoy yourself because thats what hols are about perhaps just get back to the plan when u come back but skip one weigh in so that your body has longer to get back down to pre hol weight thats what i did on my old plan and thats prob why i only ever gained once in five years (its was four pounds and a fab christmas haha). i thought of you today i had to take my guinea gorge to the vets (he had developed a head tilt.....apparently if the meds dont work he is prob just not a full shilling!!!!!......but i wuv him anyways lol) anyways i get sidetracked he had to be weighed which reminded me of you. good news my voice is returning (dont know if i told you i had tonsilitis and layrnigitis and lost my voice for ten days???) thats why i could be on here more but back to work after the hols so i can nip on too hehehe. how did u do this week?? xx

Halloo!!

How is your piggy??

Ooo you holiday sounds nice and relaxing!! That's just what I need!

Ooo gosh that's awful you losing your voice!!! I would be pretty screwed if that happened as I'm a receptionist!

I lost half a pound this week which I'm really please with though have put that on all ready!!! (if you check out my diary you will see why!!!) :D

Hope your doing well!! :D x

hi bexyboo :)
congrats on ur loss xx how do i check out your diary?? still getting lost on here lol hence no proper smilies cant find them sometimes :(

yeah voice is back kids not too happy now i can almost shout hehe i was screwed workwise too i work as a counsellor which i havent been able to do for at least two weeks but hols booked so thats three in total. being so obviously unable to do the job meant i had to be off i normally go in regardless especially since i had to be off in dec after my op........but i think everything happens for a reason.......what i like about sw is the healthy food i have had 9 portions of fruit today!!!!

i have started drinking 2 ltrs of water a day i used to do this end of last year and i do think its a good idea its just doing it but once i am obsessed i do it :0) it aint ever happend with ironing tho lol

george the guinea is on day 3 of antibiotics and still has his tilt 3 days leftt but i think by the way he just sits on me and lets me snuggle him like a baby and also he sleeps outside of the little castles on his side whereas simon doesnt.....haha just realised how daft i must sound you should see their cage its as big as the sofa!!!! i just lurve animals!!! i also have three cats 2 dwarf hamsters and a newt!!! plus two kids lol.

i am soooo looking forward to york defo food shopping and chillin but i wont get the sun that u will on urs lol although last year it was rrr hot.

diet wise bit of possible balls up this week mon circumstances meant being away from home and hungry leading topizza and syn intake of 46!!! tried to reign it in all week have done on some days but yest i ate salmon which i thought was free and it turned out to have 16 syns in doh so had 26 yest!!! down to ten today and two days to go......i am in the sunday weighers club so i shall see then but going to relax rules on hol regardless and face consequences next week.

apologies for long reply i have been known to talk hind leg offa a donkey hence why i prob lost voice in the first place lol

lookin at ur avatar ...do u grow ur own veg???

best wishes xx

Back