Helen's Food Diary :)

helenmcloughlin92

I've been doing slimming world for around 6 weeks now, although this is my third time of doing it in as many years :)

Every day I see so many lovely meals whilst reading food diaries that I get so much inspiration from. So I decided that I want to share my food diaries each day so that I could hopefully inspire someone else :)

If you're reading this now, then thank you!

So here goes - Day One (EE)!

Breakfast

2 Weetabix (HB)

Lunch

Wholemeal pasta (FREE), tuna (FREE), sweetcorn (FREE), 2 tbsps Hellmanns lighter than light mayo (1 syn), reduced fat cheddar cheese (HA), spinach/rocket/peppers/ grated carrot (FREE)
Strawberry tart WW yoghurt (FREE)

IMG_1968.jpg

Tea
Chinese style pork shoulders (2.5 syns), Uncle Bens basmati rice (1 syn), spinach/broccoli/corn on the cob (FREE), Hazelnut options hot chocolate (2 syns)

Total Syns: 6.5 syns

Helen :) xx

Last edited:
Good morning :)

Felt really positive at the end of yesterday food wise - didn't have too many syns yet still felt very satisfied with the meals that I had.

This week I am currently experimenting with EE. It is something that I have always been sceptical about - I think this was due to not knowing much about how it worked - I always struggled to get my head around all meat and carbs being free everyday. However my OH has persuaded me to give it a go for just a week to see how we find it and so far *touch wood* I have absolutely no complaints and my OH feels exactly the same :)

The biggest positive I have had from doing EE this week has been my increased intake of fruit and vegetables with my meals - something that I have never seemed to make a conscious effort to do before this week.

In terms of exercise, I want to start doing the 30 day shred again. I did the first day of level one around a week and a half ago, and was in so much pain for the next few days that I couldn't bring myself to do it again - I was so disappointed. I recently acquired a Thigh Glider that I have been using in bits, and I have also been doing some work on my OH's weight machine. However I definitely want to start doing more regular exercise as I feel that would help my weight loss even further and prevent me feeling lethargic on certain days.

So here's my food diary for today (21/06/13):

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (HB), Bowl of Strawberries (FREE)

Lunch - Leftover tuna pasta from yesterday: tuna (FREE), pasta (FREE), sweetcorn (FREE), lighter than light mayonnaise (0.5 syns), reduced cheddar cheese (HexA) and a side salad (FREE).

Tea - Chicken breast marinated with cayenne pepper (FREE and extremely yummy!), sweet potato wedges (FREE), broccoli and spinach (FREE)

Snacks - Freddo (5 syns)

Really pleased with myself today!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a good weigh in on Monday - hoping to creep into the 10st band :D

Helen xx

Last edited:
Hello :)

Weigh in this morning! Lost another 2lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 13 lbs now and I am now in the 10st bracket :D so happy about this as I wasn't sure if I'd lost any weight this week, as in the past doing extra easy has not always worked for me. However I was proved wrong and so I am going to carry on doing EE for another week :) Going to try and make a conscious effort to drink more water this week too. It's something I've always struggled with doing and generally do not drink anywhere near enough water every day and so hopefully this may help with my weight loss too.

Starting the 30 day shred again today - praying that it is more successful than my last attempt! Found myself a chart to monitor myself so hopefully that can help motivate me to complete it everyday.

It is also 6 weeks to my holiday today and so I'm on the home straight for really powering on with my weight loss and exercise :)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HexB); bowl of strawberries (FREE)

Lunch: Omelette with mushrooms, ham, tomato puree, garlic powder and dried basil - just like a pizza!! (FREE); spinach/grated carrot/rocket/ pepper (FREE); sweet potato chips (FREE); tomato sauce (1 syn)

Tea: Macaroni cheese from the SW magazine (HexA); spinach/rocket/pepper/cucumber/grated carrot (FREE)

Snacks: WW yoghurt (0.5 syns); Ryvita Crispbread (1 syn); 1 tsp peanut butter (1.5 syns); Rocky Road Hi-Fi Bar (3 syns)

Exercise: Day 1, Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred; 2 mile walk

Water: Around 4.5 pints

Total Syns: 6.5 syns

Helen xx

Last edited:
Hi there :)

Not too sore after doing day 1 of level 1 of the 30DS yesterday - only slightly sore bum muscles to report! :( Feeling positive now though that I am able to do it again today. Taken measurements of my legs, arms, waist and hips today so I can monitor the changes to them (if there is to be any!)

Another EE day today :)

Breakfast - magic oaty pancakes (HexB) with strawberries, oranges and fromage frais :)

Hi Helen - found your diary at last! Your pasta looks sooooo yummy! Well done on the 2lb loss, you're doing great :)

Hi Helen - found your diary at last! Your pasta looks sooooo yummy! Well done on the 2lb loss, you're doing great :)

Thanks Claire!! :) xx

Still sat attempting to motivate myself to go do today's 30DS - I know I'll feel so much better once I've done it, so I have no excuse not to hurry up and move my ass.

Already got tea planned out for tonight! KFC style chicken, with butternut squash chips, SW coleslaw, corn on the cob and BBQ beans - so so excited!!!

Will be back to post pictures of tonight's tea layer on :)

Helen xx

Dinner sounds fab!!! I have steak tonight, it's one my absolute favourite dinners - ironic, seeing as up until 2 years ago I was a vegetarian :D

Well done for doing 30DS :) I ordered it from amazon this morning, so aim to start it next week :)

Dinner sounds fab!!! I have steak tonight, it's one my absolute favourite dinners - ironic, seeing as up until 2 years ago I was a vegetarian :D

Well done for doing 30DS :) I ordered it from amazon this morning, so aim to start it next week :)

Love a steak dinner! SW chips and peppercorn sauce - absolutely delicious :)

Thank you :) just finished day 2 of level 1 about 15 minutes ago and I am whacked! Good luck with it though, such a great feeling after you've completed each day :)

Helen xx

Eventually managed to take myself off and do Day 2 of Level 1 of the 30DS. Couldn't believe how tired I was after doing it today - completely different from how I felt after doing it yesterday. Hoping that my muscles don't become too sore overnight as I am really wanting to be able to do it every day, so fingers crossed.

Already mentioned it above, but we had magic oaty pancakes for breakfast this morning. Tuesday's are my OH's day off so a little bit more effort can be put into breakfast. Had them with strawberries, orange wedges and fromage frais - yummy!

IMG_1990.jpg

Made a KFC style feast for tea tonight and boy was it good! KFC style chicken legs (FREE), butternut squash chips (FREE), SW Coleslaw (0.5 syns) and BBQ beans (0.5 syns).

IMG_1992.jpg

Followed by a big bowl of strawberries and raspberries, topped off with a mullerlight yoghurt.

Really hoping that tonight's big feed will stop any urges to snack later on tonight!

Helen xx

Hi :)

Woke up feeling great this morning (albeit a bit tired) however no aches or pains from yesterday's 30 day shred, so I am overjoyed! Gave me so much more motivation to head off and today's. Just finished doing that and feeling good again after doing it - strangley enough, it has given me a burst of energy!

Another extra easy day today :) enjoying doing EE this time round - its making me more adventurous with my cooking and giving more variety of meals, so really happy with that.

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (HexB)

Lunch - Fried egg with frylight (FREE), SW chips (FREE), beans (FREE) and ham (FREE)

Got a fantastic tea planned for tonight - mozzarella, red pesto and onion topped burgers on portobello mushrooms! :) Really excited to try these as the picture I found looking amazing.

Helen xx

well done with 30 day shred, im currently on day 2 of level 2 and i fear i may actually die!!!! xxx

Thank you!!! Oh no :( I've read a few things on here about it being a lot harder so reaaaally nervous about doing level 2 - still another full week to go before that starts though! Well done for just doing it though - I've found that the hardest bit - actually plucking up the courage to just go and do it :) you'll have great results in the end!

Helen xx

Hiya, yeah i have to physch myself up everyday to do it lol!!

Ive just done level 2 again and feel really ill so think im going to go back to doing level 1 for the next few days. Think i might be pushing myself a but too much.
Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya, yeah i have to physch myself up everyday to do it lol!!

Ive just done level 2 again and feel really ill so think im going to go back to doing level 1 for the next few days. Think i might be pushing myself a but too much.
Xxxx

With something like this I think you've got to do what works for you, so I don't see why there would be any problem with you continuing on with level 1 for a while :) it's day like this when you're left feeling ill after a workout that really puts you off doing it.

Xxx

Couldnt agree more Helen. As long as i continue doing it everyday i'll still do level 1 until i feel 100% ready to move on.

You having a good day? Xx

Couldnt agree more Helen. As long as i continue doing it everyday i'll still do level 1 until i feel 100% ready to move on.

You having a good day? Xx

The fact that you're still carrying on doing it is testimony to your determination and I think that's great :)

It's going really well thank you :) took myself off for a walk after my lunch, so feeling good after squeezing some more exercise in.

Getting ready for tea time now, hunger is starting to creep in haha :(

How is your day going? Xx

The fact that you're still carrying on doing it is testimony to your determination and I think that's great :)

It's going really well thank you :) took myself off for a walk after my lunch, so feeling good after squeezing some more exercise in.

Getting ready for tea time now, hunger is starting to creep in haha :(

How is your day going? Xx

Aw brilliant, i need to start walking more!

My days been really good thanks. Got all my cleaning and laundry done this morning, had my mum & dad round for lunch and now just waiting for my bf to come home from work and then we are going to tesco :) highlight of my week haha! Xxx

Back