Helen's Food Diary :)

Aw brilliant, i need to start walking more!

My days been really good thanks. Got all my cleaning and laundry done this morning, had my mum & dad round for lunch and now just waiting for my bf to come home from work and then we are going to tesco :) highlight of my week haha! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Supermarket day is the best day of the week... Although me and the OH must go at least 5 days a week haha!

How have you found your meals today? Xxx

Hi Helen, hope you've had a good day today :)

Hi Claire :)

It's been a really good day today actually, feeling really positive :) eaten two very filling meals and then my bog standard weetabix this morning (not that I'm one to complain!) and I still have syns to spare :) 30DS day 3 of level 1 done this morning which gave me lots of energy for the rest of the day after finishing it!

How has your day been? Xxx

Supermarket day is the best day of the week... Although me and the OH must go at least 5 days a week haha!

How have you found your meals today? Xxx

Ive got some lovely goodies. Just planned all my meals this week so feel happy with that :)

Meals have been good today, dinners nearly ready, i tend to do red & green days rather than extra easy and today ive had a red day so had plenty of meat :) xx

Ive got some lovely goodies. Just planned all my meals this week so feel happy with that :)

Meals have been good today, dinners nearly ready, i tend to do red & green days rather than extra easy and today ive had a red day so had plenty of meat :) xx

That's what I usually do as I find doing the two separate days work loads better for me, but giving EE a go after being persuaded by the OH! Not doing too bad but still sceptical haha :) love a good red day though, a good meaty dinner, yum yum!! Xxx

That's what I usually do as I find doing the two separate days work loads better for me, but giving EE a go after being persuaded by the OH! Not doing too bad but still sceptical haha :) love a good red day though, a good meaty dinner, yum yum!! Xxx

I tried EE once and i was so skeptical. I stuck to it 100% and lost 2lbs. Was quite disappointed as doing red & green 100% all week makes me loose about 3lbs at least. Nice to know that if you fancy a change you have 3 plans to choose from though.

You finding EE ok? Do you feel fuller? X

I tried EE once and i was so skeptical. I stuck to it 100% and lost 2lbs. Was quite disappointed as doing red & green 100% all week makes me loose about 3lbs at least. Nice to know that if you fancy a change you have 3 plans to choose from though.

Sounds exactly the same as me! I only lost 2lb last week after doing EE although I have been incredibly bloated since Saturday so not sure if that affected the weigh in at all on Monday? But I think I lose more doing red or green days :)

I do and I don't really - with some meals I feel fuller because ill have more meat, say, than I would usually have with my carbs, but I don't think it's leaves me fuller for any longer really. If someone was to ask me which plan I preferred I would definitely say red or green days, based on my losses. EE is great for the ease of it, not having to measure out a healthy b allowance for meat/carbs but in terms of weight loss the separate days win every time for me! Xxx

Hi :)

Really enjoyed my lunch today - as I've mentioned above it was egg, chips, beans and ham on the menu today! Also, completely free so even better :)

IMG_1995.jpg

Thankfully tea worked out really well and I really enjoyed it (and judging by the empty plate my OH left so did he!!). Could not believe either that the whole thing was only a HexA and 1.5 syns - amazing! So here is a picture of our mozzarella, red pesto and onion topped burgers on portobello mushrooms...

IMG_1999.jpg

Accompanied with an assortment of roasted vegetables, red cabbage and steamed broccoli and spinach.

Even got some pudding in tonight aswell! One syn custard with one syn brownies - mint flavoured tonight - absolutely divine :)

Only problem I have been finding over the last 4 or 5 days is that I am very bloated :( does anyone else find that they have this problem? Any tips on how to solve it?

However other than that, I'm loving my Slimming World journey more than ever! :)

Helen xx

Hi Claire :)

It's been a really good day today actually, feeling really positive :) eaten two very filling meals and then my bog standard weetabix this morning (not that I'm one to complain!) and I still have syns to spare :) 30DS day 3 of level 1 done this morning which gave me lots of energy for the rest of the day after finishing it!

How has your day been? Xxx

Not too bad thank you :) no ciggies, day 3 done and feeling quite peaceful about it. My daughter had her sports day today and it was a lovely afternoon so sat in the garden - usually a danger time for me, but managed okay. Foodwise has been good, although I stole a small bite of my daughter's chicken with the skin on, argh! I synned it though, so should be okay :)

Can't wait for these horrid monthly pains to go away so I can get started on 30DS! Have you taken before measurements/photos? x

Not too bad thank you :) no ciggies, day 3 done and feeling quite peaceful about it. My daughter had her sports day today and it was a lovely afternoon so sat in the garden - usually a danger time for me, but managed okay. Foodwise has been good, although I stole a small bite of my daughter's chicken with the skin on, argh! I synned it though, so should be okay :)

Can't wait for these horrid monthly pains to go away so I can get started on 30DS! Have you taken before measurements/photos? x

Well done with the ciggies :) bet you're feeling even better knowing you're conquering two tasks at once!! Ooh chicken skin is always devilishly tempting...

I took photos around 2/3 weeks ago, but I hadn't started doing the 30DS then, so really need to get some more quickly before I've done too much of it. I measured my thighs on Tuesday (bloody depressing stuff!) but need to measure waist, arms, hips etc...

Xxx

Can i come to yours for dinner tomorrow please lol! it all looks SO delicious! X

Aww thank you so much!! Really love cooking so try to keep presentation to a high standard.... Unless I'm starving and then it's all chucked on in a heap ;) Xx

Hey. I have only just started SW myself. Doing it at home. Doing red/green days, as I love the healthy extras ha ha. I love your menus I could take some ideas lol. Feel free to take a look at my diary xxx

Hi :) Welcome aboard! I do it at home myself too as I can't afford to go to a group every week and I find that I manage quite happily :) this site is great for food inspiration and you will find lots of helpful threads along the way too. Aww I'm glad they can inspire you - if I can help other people as well as myself then that's even better!

How are you finding it so far?

Helen xx

Aww thanks :) yeah i just cant believe what u can eat and still loose weight. I just recently lost two stone calorie controlling and now im wondering why. This is amazing ha ha. The food is lush :) how about you? Just started a four week challenge in the challenge section if you want to join? Xx

That's why I love it so much! I eat like an absolute animal some days and I don't feel guilty in the slightest - where's the dieting logic in that!? Wow that's a fantastic loss, well done!! I'm really enjoying it :) I've done it two times before and I've lost weight both times, but I haven't always enjoyed myself as much as I am doing this time - surely you shouldn't have fun on a diet, haha! Ooh I haven't had a look in the challenge section in a long while - what's the challenge? Xx

Hi Helen. Your food certainly looks fab. I'm really intrigued by those magic oaty pancakes though, they look divine - how do you make them?

Start weight: 17st 7lbs
Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Week 4 -2lbs
Week 5 -3lbs
Current weight: 16st 8.5lb
Total loss: 12.5lbs
71.5/84 to go.....
Next target: to get under 16st 7lbs....

Hi Helen. Your food certainly looks fab. I'm really intrigued by those magic oaty pancakes though, they look divine - how do you make them?

Thank you very much! I try my best :)

I've found the recipe for you - enjoy!!

"Magic Pancakes

HeB (pancakes only) + any topping syns

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula"

Helen xx

Basically to loose a certain amount of weight in four weeks. I need an extra boost to loose weight of holiday lol. X

I am definitely up for doing that! I go on holiday in just over 5 weeks so I'm a real final push to get rid of those last pesky pounds :) I'll head over there now and say hello! Thanks for giving me the heads up on that :) xxx

Hello :)

Feeling really positive at the end of today! Don't seemed to have stop at all but my energy levels have remained up (even further up after the 30 day shred would you believe!).

Spent the morning and beginning part of the afternoon shopping with my brother - treated myself to a new pair of EasyTone trainers :) these will hopefully now inspire me to work out even more alongside the 30DS! Stayed safe and within my limits by having a jacket potato with cheese and pickle for my lunch :) pathetically small pot of pickle (may as well not have had it!!) and added a couple of syns on for the cheese just to cover any amount over my HexA allowance :)

Day 4 of level 1 of the 30DS today and I must say I am strangely starting to enjoy it now and I am actually looking forward to doing it... Think I must have gone mad!!

EE day again...

B - 2 weetabix (HexB); bowl of strawberries

L - Jacket potato (FREE); cheese (HexA + 2 syns); pickle (1.5 syns)

D - Fajita chicken pasta (1.5 syns) - (a picture will follow tomorrow when I am on the laptop!); mixed fruit salad (FREE)

S - Options hot chocolate (2 syns)

Total syns: 7 syns

What a fabulous day :)

Helen xx

Sounds exactly the same as me! I only lost 2lb last week after doing EE although I have been incredibly bloated since Saturday so not sure if that affected the weigh in at all on Monday? But I think I lose more doing red or green days :)

I do and I don't really - with some meals I feel fuller because ill have more meat, say, than I would usually have with my carbs, but I don't think it's leaves me fuller for any longer really. If someone was to ask me which plan I preferred I would definitely say red or green days, based on my losses. EE is great for the ease of it, not having to measure out a healthy b allowance for meat/carbs but in terms of weight loss the separate days win every time for me! Xxx

Sticking my nose in again (hope you don't mind?)....

I always used to be an EE girl. It's just me and my son at home and it works really well for balanced family meals, he has always really enjoyed them too. On average it probably worked out as 2lbs a week loss. I restarted SW a few backs though and have started throwing in a few red days. So far these have all been on office days, when I don't cook for us as a family. I certainly don't seem to eat as much on those days, in fact by the evening I'm usually having my second HexB just to fit it in. I lost 3lbs last week, I'm interested to see how the next WI goes. If I continued with this, I'd do about 3 red days a week. So it's interesting to see both of your converse viewpoints.

Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Week 4 -2lbs
Week 5 -3lbs
71.5/84 to go.....

Thank you very much! I try my best :)

I've found the recipe for you - enjoy!!

"Magic Pancakes

HeB (pancakes only) + any topping syns

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula"

Helen xx

Thank you!! I'm going to try them tomorrow morning. It's our one lazyish morning a week (he's at his Dad's most Sundays) and he loves when I do regular pancakes with fruit (OK, and creme fraiche too). It'll be fab to find an on plan alternative.:)

Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Week 4 -2lbs
Week 5 -3lbs
71.5/84 to go.....

Back