Helen's Food Diary :)

Thank you!! I'm going to try them tomorrow morning. It's our one lazyish morning a week (he's at his Dad's most Sundays) and he loves when I do regular pancakes with fruit (OK, and creme fraiche too). It'll be fab to find an on plan alternative.:)

Hope you both enjoy them! I was pleasantly surprised by them as in the past I've had some dodgy 'alternative' pancakes, but these were delicious :) we had them with strawberries and oranges, with some fat free fromage frais, mmm :)

My one tip would be to make sure your pan is very hot right from the word go, otherwise the first one ends up a little omelette-esque! The rest afterwards were absolutely fine however haha :)

Helen xx

Pancakes are similar though aren't they, in that the pan needs to be nice and hot, and the first one is not as good. I'll use up the low fat creme fraiche I have then give the from age frais a go next time. I'm actually really excited about this ha ha!

Start weight: 17st 7lbs
Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Week 4 -2lbs
Week 5 -3lbs
Current weight: 16st 8.5lb
Total loss: 12.5lbs
71.5/84 to go.....
Next target: to get under 16st 7lbs....

Pancakes are similar though aren't they, in that the pan needs to be nice and hot, and the first one is not as good. I'll use up the low fat creme fraiche I have then give the from age frais a go next time. I'm actually really excited about this ha ha!

That's true, so even more similarities between the two! :) such a fantastic recipe to come across! Xx

Hi :)

Quick update from yesterday before today's diary!

Fajita Chicken Pasta (1.5 syns)

IMG_2002.jpg

Helen xx

Hello :)

30 day shred is starting to take its toll on my abs - really feeling it there today, especially if I cough! :( This can only be a positive sign and so I'm going to be optomistic about it - must be working! :) Spent around 2 hours cleaning this morning so hopefully should have burnt some calories doing that :) a woman's work is definitely never done!!

Another EE day today :) nearly at the end of another week experimenting with this plan and so far, so good!

B - 2 weetabix (HexB); bowl of strawberries (FREE)

L - Steak (FREE); SW chips (FREE); balsamic glazed onions (FREE); broccoli (FREE)

IMG_2007.jpg

T - Wholewheat spaghetti (FREE); bolognese sauce (FREE); steamed broccoli and spinach (FREE)

Filled the slow cooker right up with bolognese today, as I am planning on freezing portions of it to have when the OH goes away next week.

Level 1, Day 5 of the 30DS today. I am still feeling really motivated to keep up the shred, although I do keep reading that level 2 is horrendously hard - must keep motivated!!

Not having a lot of syns in my meals today, so can possibly treat myself to a couple of glasses of wine tonight or a cheeky vodka and diet coke!

Helen xx

Sticking my nose in again (hope you don't mind?)....

I always used to be an EE girl. It's just me and my son at home and it works really well for balanced family meals, he has always really enjoyed them too. On average it probably worked out as 2lbs a week loss. I restarted SW a few backs though and have started throwing in a few red days. So far these have all been on office days, when I don't cook for us as a family. I certainly don't seem to eat as much on those days, in fact by the evening I'm usually having my second HexB just to fit it in. I lost 3lbs last week, I'm interested to see how the next WI goes. If I continued with this, I'd do about 3 red days a week. So it's interesting to see both of your converse viewpoints.

Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Week 4 -2lbs
Week 5 -3lbs
71.5/84 to go.....

I have been struggling, like lots of food and ee was good for this but was not losing hardly anything at all. The last 2 weeks I have done 3 red days 4 ee. Lost 2lbs both weeks. I was very pleased. Because the red days restrict spuds, rice pasta etc I don`t eat so much and am satisfied with 200g spud. Don`t have anymore meat per meal than I would on an ee day. Good luck all of you

Your dinners look so yummy always Helen! How do you make fajita chicken pasta? All those peppers look soooooooo yummy!

Your dinners look so yummy always Helen! How do you make fajita chicken pasta? All those peppers look soooooooo yummy!

Aww thank you :) I got it from a fantastic website called 'slimming eats'. It is absolutely jam packed with slimming world recipes - it has become my new bible :) definitely worth a look xx

I'll check out that site.

Have just had the pancakes and had to come on and feedback to you. The smaller ones with the cookie cutter weren't really happening (I need to find my blini pan!). So I reverted to the traditional English thin version. They turned out beautifully. I used strawberry yoghurt and also mixed a dash of salt in. Drizzled a little lemon juice, a wee bit of half fat creme fraiche and filled with strawbs. I made a double portion up and my son had half, he loved them too! Feel nicely full now and virtuous as there was no flour in site! Thank you so much for posting the recipe, I am a complete convert! :)

Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Week 4 -2lbs
Week 5 -3lbs
71.5/84 to go.....

I'll check out that site.

Have just had the pancakes and had to come on and feedback to you. The smaller ones with the cookie cutter weren't really happening (I need to find my blini pan!). So I reverted to the traditional English thin version. They turned out beautifully. I used strawberry yoghurt and also mixed a dash of salt in. Drizzled a little lemon juice, a wee bit of half fat creme fraiche and filled with strawbs. I made a double portion up and my son had half, he loved them too! Feel nicely full now and virtuous as there was no flour in site! Thank you so much for posting the recipe, I am a complete convert! :)

Ooh strawberry flavour sounds yummy! Will have to try them myself :) glad you enjoyed them - when you can find recipes as good as that, it's a crime not to share them!! :) xx

Aww thank you :) I got it from a fantastic website called 'slimming eats'. It is absolutely jam packed with slimming world recipes - it has become my new bible :) definitely worth a look xx

Thanks honey, will have a look for it :) Hope you're having a good weekend and enjoying the lovely sunshine :)

Me and the OH decided to have a little treat day yesterday. Stayed on plan and had a bacon sandwich for breakfast (HexB and 1 syn for tomato sauce), but then we went out for lunch and shared a plate of nachos from Wetherspoons! Had a BBQ with the family last night too but managed to stay away from the bread, so just had lots of yummy meat instead!

Completely back on it today though :) another weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed another weeks hard work has payed off again! Also had a day off from the 30DS shred yesterday, so back on with day 6 of level 1 today :)

Had some really great comments about my weight loss yesterday :) my OH was showering me with compliments and it really made me feel fantastic! It is obviously starting to show :) got a great picture of us both together and, even if I say so myself, we are looking fab! :D

Helen xx

Gotta love a compliment :) wish my OH would compliment me more often! WI for me tomorrow too :) going away on 22nd July so want to maximise my weight loss for then. My 30DS dvd should be arriving this week so will be joining you on the pain train soon :D any hints/tips you can offer? :)

Gotta love a compliment :) wish my OH would compliment me more often! WI for me tomorrow too :) going away on 22nd July so want to maximise my weight loss for then. My 30DS dvd should be arriving this week so will be joining you on the pain train soon :D any hints/tips you can offer? :)

I think the best advice I could give you is prepare for the first couple of days to be a real challenge! The shred is a completely different workout to any other DVD I've come across before, as it is constant for 20 minutes without stopping for a rest, so I think the first couple of days are a time for getting used to it :) you will find it gradually easier as you go along though.

Make sure you have some hand weights to use for the workout :) I use 1.5kg weights which can be challenging at times but I think it will pay off more in the end (I hope so anyway!)

Most of all, just enjoy it :) that's easier said than done when you're shattered at the end but it will have great results for you so it will all be worth it :)

And good luck from me! There's a 30 day shred thread in the challenges section, so you should track your progress on there with everyone else :) I have found it a great thread to be part of.

Helen xx

Had another great day and some more yummy food too! Completed level 1 day 6 of the 30DS - its crazy how a day off makes it more of a task when you come back to it. Got through it okay though and have definitely noticed an improvement with the push ups, so I'm really pleased about that.

The end of another extra easy week, so the scales will tell in the morning just how successful it has been. Really enjoyed my food this week after finding some great new recipes, so I'm hoping that this will also reflect in a loss :)

Only had two meals today as we didn't get up until after 11am!

B - 2 weetabix (HexB)

L - Pork loin with bacon and sage stuffing, topped with sundried tomatoes (FREE); SW roast potatoes (FREE); Yorkshire pudding (2.5 syns); carrots, cabbage and spinach (FREE); apple sauce (1 syn)

image-836796458.jpg

Made an apple crumble for pudding, and had a smaller portion that the recipe caters for, so meant it was only 3 syns. Treated myself to 2tsps of Ben and Jerry's phish food ice cream with it too - only came in at 1 syn too!!

Probably going to have an options hot chocolate before bed, which will use another 2 syns.

Total syns: 9.5 syns

Helen xx

Reflective post now! Just been having a look through some pictures from when me and my OH went to London in April.

So here it is, along with a picture of us from Saturday (which I absolutely love!):

image-3518334375.jpgimage-946004362.jpg

I cannot get over how different we both look - I am so proud of us both! It has been fantastic to have such great support from him throughout, and to do this journey together has really made it a success :)

Helen xx

My upbeat mood has been massively deflated this morning after my weigh in - I have had a 5lb gain :( This means I have now gone back up into the 11st's and missed out on my 1st award - I was only 1lb off!!

Think I can pin point where things may have gone wrong this week - had alcoholic drinks both Friday and Saturday night, which usually affects my weigh in when I have drank on more than one night I usually have a gain. It's never been so much though :( Wondering if there may be a bit of water retention going on as well, after working out doing the 30DS every day.

Shouldn't dwell on it too much though, because otherwise I will start to fall off the wagon. Think I might do a green week, as I usually find this effective to get a larger loss when I want one.

So on with another week!

B - 2 weetabix

Helen xx

My mood is slowly improving since this morning, and I have now stopped moping around the house! Decided for definite that it will be a green week so hopefully there will be a good loss at the end of it as I am determined to be 110% on plan!

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB); chocolate pillows (2 syns) - this is literally 6 little pillows when measured out, however its always nice to have something to spruce up the weetabix!

Lunch - Cous cous with roasted vegetables (FREE) - red onion/peppers/sweet potato/carrots

IMG_2031.jpg

Going to wait for my lunch to settle before I head out to do the 30DS, otherwise I get an awful stitch and can't always complete it to the best of my ability. Today is day 7 of level 1, and I can definitely see an improvement in my fitness and stamina. Having some pain in my left knee today so going to have to keep an eye on that - don't want my knees failing me at 20!!

Helen xx

Hello :)

Charging on with the green day today - loved my meals!

D - bolognese pasta bake (3 syns); reduced fat cheese (HexB); WW wholemeal pitta made into garlic bread (HexB)

image-339774255.jpgimage-2980558592.jpg

So delicious! Great feedback from the OH too - however whenever there's pasta on the menu, I'm always onto a winner! ;)

Completed level 1 day 7 of the 30DS. Really getting into this now, although I am ready for a new challenge on level 2 as this workout is starting to get too repetitive for me now.

Relatively low on syns today so likely to treat myself to an options hot chocolate later and maybe a rocky road hi-fi bar to accompany that too :)

Helen xx

Back