Helen's Food Diary :)

Sorry about your gain Helen, but it's good you're carrying on regardless with a positive attitude :) Meals are looking lovely hun. Big hugs xxx

Sorry about your gain Helen, but it's good you're carrying on regardless with a positive attitude :) Meals are looking lovely hun. Big hugs xxx

Thanks Claire! :) Realised there was no point dwelling on the matter otherwise I'd end up completely giving up!

How has your day been? xxx

Well done you, positive mental attitude all the way :)

I'm doing alright thanks, was in such a hurry this morning on the school run that I completely forgot to weigh myself!!! I am sort of scared to do it tomorrow incase I haven't lost anything. I'm sure I've not been too bad, I will have a right paddy if I go to group on Thursday night and I haven't lost. I am about 2lbs off my half a stone award....I really want it!!!

Hi :)

Final update of the day! Treated myself this evening to some Ben & Jerry's - a mere 40ml clocking in at 4 syns, but it was soooo yummy and definitely worth it :) Started up a thread a few days ago about fruit tea's, and only this evening was I saying how much I dislike green tea and would much rather stick to fruity tea's - and here I am in bed, drinking my 4th cup of green tea tonight! Peach and cherry blossom, and mango and lychee are the two flavours that I have had and I must say I have really enjoyed them - I must stop becoming so pessimistic in my old age.

Found lots of fantastic new recipes tonight which I am very excited to try this week. After Wednesday I'll only be cooking for me for 8 days, as my OH is taking of group of children on a school trip to Lourdes. Determined to stay completely on track whilst he's away. One of the positives of only cooking for one is knowing exactly how many syns you are getting out of a meal, instead of trying to guess portion sizes when cooking for 2, which I am bloomin' useless at!

Still on the hunt for some classic desserts that are low in syns. Absolutely love an apple crumble but at 6.5 syns a go it seems a lot some days :/ My hunt will continue!

Night all :)

Helen xx

Morning Helen,

I have found you :)

Your meals look delicious, think I shall be pinching some of your ideas! I have tried soooo hard to drink fruit teas but I really dislike them! I am quite fortunate in that I drink cold water all day while at work and I just have one cup of tea in an evening and sometimes one first thing in a morning. x

Morning Helen,

I have found you :)

Your meals look delicious, think I shall be pinching some of your ideas! I have tried soooo hard to drink fruit teas but I really dislike them! I am quite fortunate in that I drink cold water all day while at work and I just have one cup of tea in an evening and sometimes one first thing in a morning. x

Hi angwass :)

Welcome to my diary! Thank you very much - yes please feel free to, love inspiring others :)

I'm trying to make a more conscious effort to drink these teas as I don't drink any other hot drinks, only hot chocolate. And I don't always have enough fluids every day either, so it's a big goal of mine now to drink more xxx

Not feeling 100% today, so praying I'm not coming down with something!! Going to keep drinking lots of water and tea, and hopefully I can then head out to do the 30DS. Day 8 of level 1 today, so not far off completing this level and starting on level 2 :)

Another green day today, in this week's attempt to shift those 5lbs that I put on!! Been doing a bit of baking this afternoon, and have made some cheese and onion scones, which smell absolutely delicious :) Haven't tried one yet though - best wait for the OH to get home from work, otherwise I'll never hear the end of it!

IMG_2037.jpg

Apparently these are free on a green day, so looking forward to devouring one or two (maybe three!) of these :) May have them on their own or may spread a small amount of low fat spread on them for 1 syn and have them like a real scone!

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB); 8g chocolate pillows (2 syns)

Lunch - Wholewheat pasta (FREE); 1 tbsp red pesto (2.5 syns)

With feeling abit under the weather today I didn't feel very adventurous at lunch time, so that's why I only opted for simple pasta and pesto. Attempting a little more adventurous for dinner tonight though - Spicy Indian Potatoes with Tandoori Chicken :) having the chicken as HexB, which makes the whole meal free. Most likely to have them with some cumin roasted vegetables, mmm! Also found a fantastic recipe for rice pudding - I've never really been a fan, but I know my OH would take your right hand off for a bowl of rice pud - so I'm going to give that a go for pudding tonight and see how we get on :) as I only have one carton of Alpro Soya milk, then it will only be half of our HexA allowance!! Fab :)

As I have kept low with syns today as well (my OH will be even lower!) I have bought us a Tesco everyday value chocolate mousse - 18p for 4, and only 4.5 syns each!! Student budget and low syn? Who knew such thing existed :) That can be a treat for us both this evening if we get abit peckish.

I'm still on with the green tea today - peach and cherry blossom has been my flavour of choice, and I've had 3 or 4 cups of it so far.

Helen xx

Hey Helen - popping by to subscribe ;)

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I really wish I could like green tea....sadly it makes me look like this when I drink it: :9529: Lol!

Check out my diary, I did Day 1 of 30DS today ;)

I really wish I could like green tea....sadly it makes me look like this when I drink it: :9529: Lol!

Check out my diary, I did Day 1 of 30DS today ;)

Haha that made me chuckle! That was me a few days ago but a bit of perseverance has got me drinking them :)

How have you found your first day of the shred? I haven't done mine today, feeling super guilty :break_diet:xxx

Oops, apparently that reply was with another account I didn't realise I had! How confusing :confused:

Back to this one now!

Helen xx

Oo iv been drinking green tea this week but with apple & pear in it ... Well nice !! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha that made me chuckle! That was me a few days ago but a bit of perseverance has got me drinking them :)

How have you found your first day of the shred? I haven't done mine today, feeling super guilty :break_diet:xxx

I did day 2 earlier and found it much harder than day 1, probably because I'm so sore! I plan to do it tomorrow and Friday, then take Saturday and Sunday off. Then the plan is to do it every weekday while Isla is at nursery and have the weekends off. Man I am sore today :(

A little bit of catching up to do with this diary for the past couple of days! Starting with dinner on Tuesday evening - Spicy Indian Potatoes with Tandoori Chicken (HexB) and Cumin Roasted Vegetables :) Made a lovely mint dip to go with it too from fat free fromage frais and Colman's mint concentrate - delicious!

IMG_2040.jpg

As I mentioned on Tuesday, I had made some cheese and onion scones which are free on a green day - and boy did me and the OH take advantage of this! They are strange at first, as you forget they are made from instant mashed potato, however they tasted lovely. Had a teaspoon of low fat spread for 1 syn and also tried one with a teaspoon of peanut butter for 1.5 syns - sooooo yummy!! Fair to say they didn't last the day, demolished in a couple of hours.

As for yesterday, I definitely ate for the sake of it and didn't feel any better for doing it!

Breakfast - 2 rashers of bacon (HexB); beans; fried egg in frylight; mushrooms; tomato sauce (1 syn)

IMG_2041.jpg

Lunch - went to a cafe for lunch, and opted for a cheese and ham toastie on wholemeal bread - HexA for the cheese, HexB for the bread, and then allowed 7 syns for the rest of the toastie to cover the rest and any hidden syns. Managed to get some superfree in there too as it came with a side salad.

Dinner - made macaroni cheese and this was where my downward food spiral began! I used a four cheese packet mix for the sauce, which should have served 4 people at 4.5 syns each, plus half a HexA for the cheese - however me and the OH ate the whole thing, so this totalled 9 syns plus a HexA. It was really nice, but I ate the second portion completely for the sake of doing so, and not because I was still hungry - disappointed myself by doing that.

IMG_2042.jpg

The eating didn't stop there either! Had two chocolate mousses left over from a pack of 4 that I bought on Tuesday, and so decided to have one of those - another 4.5 syns - again, I wasn't hungry and was purely eating for the sake of eating. And then just to top the day off, I had an Options Hot Chocolate before bed, adding another 2 syns to my day. This then brought my total syns for the day to around 23.5!! Definitely making an attempt to reign this in today.

As for exercise, I haven't done the 30DS for the past two days now, so my plan has been interrupted, and as such has moved the days when I should be moving up to the next level. Determined to get back into it today, which will be day 8 of level 1, so plan to start level 2 on Sunday.

Waved goodbye to my OH this morning for the next 8 days, as he has taken a group of children from work on a school trip to Lourdes. Had my annual (and completely unnecessary) crying session whilst doing so, but after nearly 4 years he's now completely aware of emotional instability at times like that!! :wave_cry: As such that means I am now only cooking for myself, and I am completely determined to stay 100% on plan. Aiming to avoid drinking alcohol over the next week or so aswell (except one planned occasion next Wednesday for a friend's birthday), as that was my major downfall last week, and resulted in a hefty gain.

Started today with a bowl of All Bran Golden Crunch as my first HexB for the day :)

Helen xx

Hey Helen! Food Looks cracking !!

I made those scones too and had laughing cow sandwiched between - really nice ! Mine went off before I had chance to eat them all but Defo make em again!

I no how you feel about the farewells - my hubby use to be an infantry soldier and I'd often wave him off for for up to 7 months at a time .. I haaaaate goodbyes - never got easier after 5 yrs ... Rubbish !! Trick is to keep busy busy ;)

Xxx

Hey Helen! Food Looks cracking !!

I made those scones too and had laughing cow sandwiched between - really nice ! Mine went off before I had chance to eat them all but Defo make em again!

I no how you feel about the farewells - my hubby use to be an infantry soldier and I'd often wave him off for for up to 7 months at a time .. I haaaaate goodbyes - never got easier after 5 yrs ... Rubbish !! Trick is to keep busy busy ;)

Xxx

Ooh I'll definitely have to try them with laughing cow next time then :) sounds yummy!!

I have no idea how you could ever do that :( I've started my week off doing too much already haha 6 and a half hours of ironing - but I've done it all because I was bloomin' sick of looking at it. Completely tired myself out now though and still got the 30DS to do - up since 5am, so I'll definitely sleep tonight!! xxx

Going to get the negative out of the way first - I haven't done the 30DS AGAIN :( But tomorrow I am determined to get back on track with it, so that I can start level 2 on Monday - even though it will be 5 days later than originally planned.

I have, however, spent my day ironing the humongous pile that has been staring at me for the past 3 weeks - 6 and a half hours of ironing later and I've conquered the lot!! Just searched the internet for a rough idea of how many calories I could have burnt doing all this and, for a woman of my weight, a staggering 1014 calories have been burnt (I hope!!) So this makes me feel slightly less guilty about not doing any other exercise today.

Cracked on with another green day today, in my bid to get rid of the gain I had last week :) Maybe a little TMI, but I have been very windy today, although I'm not half as bloated so hopefully that will go down once and for all (fingers crossed!)

Breakfast - All Bran Golden Crunch (HexB)

Lunch - Slice of pork (2 syns); Beans (FREE); SW Chips (FREE)

Dinner - Pork (HexB); Wholewheat Noodles (FREE); Stir fried vegetables (FREE); Soy Sauce (FREE); 1.5 tbsps Oyster Sauce (1.5 syns)

IMG_2048.jpg

After yesterday's major syn binge, I have made a concious effort to keep my syns down today, so packed the stir fry full of superfree vegetables to really fill me up, so I wouldn't be tempted to eat later on tonight - so far so good! I have allowed myself 6.5 syns for the day, to counter the extra 8.5 syns that I went over by yesterday, so I still have another 3 syns left if I really wanted something.

Drinking a lot of green day in these past few days and I have to admit that I am genuinely enjoying it. Rooting through the cupboard earlier which Liam has jam packed with different flavours of green tea and came across a brand new box of Tetley's pomegranate flavour green tea, so decided to bite the bullet and try a new flavour - absolutely love it!! The box has 80 bags in it as well so I'm going to be flying through it at this rate haha :) Drank a lot more water today aswell which I'm really pleased about - I am well known in our house for hardly drinking at all during the day, and anything I do drink is generally orange squash, but none of that has passed my lips today, and I have had around 5 glasses of water, along with all the tea - only downside is I can't stop peeing! I felt like an old woman earlier - back and bloomin' forth.

Currently having a root around for some meals ideas for the next few days :)

Helen xx

Woke up feeling really refreshed this morning! I've been having trouble getting a good nights sleep recently, so last night was an absolute god send :) cracked straight on with a glass of water when I got up - start the day as I mean to go on - and a nice cup of pomegranate tea :)

Actually got my ass in gear today and did the 30DS - day 8 of level 1 today. Can only mean that level 2 is looming ever closer! Not going to watch through it until Sunday evening, in preparation for starting it on Monday! Really nervous about it now. Found today's workout a lot more tiring than I have done on other days - must be karma for skipping it everyday since Monday! Definitely won't be avoiding it again in a hurry if this is what happens.

Another green day today :)

Breakfast - All Bran Golden Crunch (HexB)

Going to head into town today to buy a photo frame for the new photo of me and Liam from last weekend :) it has been great motivation this week for sticking to the plan, so thought having it up all the time will help even more!!

Time for a trip to the supermarket and green grocers today too, as I've very nearly ran out of supplies :) trying really hard to keep the costs down this week too, as money is very tight this month, so hopefully going to find lots of bargains and not buying anything for the sake of it!!

Helen xx

Ooh I'll definitely have to try them with laughing cow next time then :) sounds yummy!!

I have no idea how you could ever do that :( I've started my week off doing too much already haha 6 and a half hours of ironing - but I've done it all because I was bloomin' sick of looking at it. Completely tired myself out now though and still got the 30DS to do - up since 5am, so I'll definitely sleep tonight!! xxx

It wasn't easy :( a lot of crying and waiting on calls n emails .. X

Really enjoyed my food again today, so positive vibes all round. Another day without snacking, so I must definitely be making the right food choices that are filling me up. After doing the 30DS this morning and having a recovery bath afterwards, I felt really energetic so hopefully that means it hasn't taken its toll too much! Measured my legs this morning and I have lost an inch on both thighs since last Tuesday which I'm really happy about :) don't like my legs so that's definitely an improvement. Headed off for a walk around town for just over an hour so a little more body magic there. Managed to get the supplies I needed for £10 so I was really happy about that aswell :) Then had another 20 minute walk a little later on with my mother-in-law.

Lunch - Uncle Ben's Chinese Style Rice (3 syns) - my original plan was to have some super low fat super noodles but couldn't find any in either of the supermarkets so settled for this, as they were on offer at £1 in Morrisons.

Dinner - Chinese marinated pork shoulder (1 syn + HexB); roasted pepper stuffed with roasted vegetable couscous (FREE); topped with mozzarella (HexA); with a few SW chips (FREE)

IMG_2057.jpg

This was soooo yummy and incredibly filling so hopefully that will satisfy my hunger for the evening :) Bought myself a Freddo earlier for me to have as a small Friday night treat too, but saving that for later on!

Helen xx

Back