Helen's Food Diary :)

Hi :)

Absolutely loving this weather today! Took a while to get off to sleep again last night but woke up in a really good mood again and all nice and refreshed :) My abs were slightly sore this morning but hopefully that means that the 30DS is working (fingers crossed!!) The picture on the left below was taken 3 weeks ago, which was a week before I started doing the 30DS, whilst the picture on the right was one I took this morning:

image-492153783.jpgimage-37621662.jpg

Completed day 9 of level 1 this morning and it has been the hardest and sweatiest one yet - maybe deciding to do it in 23 degree heat wasn't my best decision of late but I powered through it and I feel better knowing that I've done it for the day. Only tomorrow left to go on level 1 and then I start level 2 on Monday - mixed emotions about it really - excited about starting a new challenge and doing different exercises but on the other hand I am unbelievably nervous about it.

Decided on doing an extra easy day today, because I have been invited to a family BBQ, so relaxing the plan a little in that sense. Already seen the two great big cheesecakes my mother in law has bought to take along and I have begun my mission to steer myself away from them!

My food so far today has been:

Breakfast - All Bran Golden Crunch (HexB)

Lunch - Leftover roasted vegetable couscous (FREE); Shape delights yoghurt (FREE)

Helen xx

Hello :)

Final day today before weigh in tomorrow morning so I'm determined to have a really good one! I think I managed really well at the BBQ I went to yesterday and didn't do my usual 'stuff it' and eat everything I can see! I had: 1 chicken skewer, 1 small spare rib, 1 thin tomato sausage, 1 slice of Leerdammer cheese, small spoonful of coleslaw, lots of new potatoes, splash of onion relish and lots of salad :) turned down the cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake - absolute killer! Had a couple of glasses of wine, but generally stuck to water an diet lemonade in between those :) I've probably gone slightly over my syns for yesterday, but compared to what I am usually like in those situations that was fantastic for me!! :)

My abs are really sore this morning :( could really feel them pulling during the night when I turned over. The shred is definitely having an effect on them - just praying its a good one :) Last day of level 1 today... Trying to work out when will be the best time to do it, because yesterday it was far too hot when I did it - don't want to do that again in a hurry!

Back to a green day today, after swapping to EE yesterday for the BBQ :)

Going to make the most of this gorgeous weather by sitting in the garden and reading my book ?

Helen xx

Final update of the day and the end of another SW week! Completed level 1 of the 30DS today so it's time for me to start level 2 tomorrow. Having just watched through it, I don't feel AS nervous about doing it as I did beforehand, but I know that it is going to be a big challenge. Its something I'm more than willing to take on though - 4 week holiday countdown begins tomorrow and I refuse to feel horrid in a bikini again.

It is my weigh in tomorrow morning and I am praying that I have had a loss! I'm no where near as bloated as I was last week so hopefully I have passed through that stage and the scales will be kind to me.

Today's food diary (Green):

Breakfast - All Bran Golden Crunch (HExB)

Lunch - Uncle Ben's Savoury Chicken Rice (2.5 syns)

Dinner - We had a BBQ tonight, but I was determined to stick to a green day and so I made roasted vegetable couscous, SW potato salad, and two pasta salads. I made sure that I had plenty of salad, and then used my second HexB on a pork shoulder steak I had left over. With my other syns I had a small chicken skewer, tomato sauce and reggae reggae sauce. Hoping this is allowed but I used my HexA on a single slice of Gouda cheese - they are 107 cals per slice, so hoping that this comes within the permitted syns for a Hex. Washed this all down with a yummy vodka and diet lemonade, and so I worked out the syns for all of this at around 10.5 syns.

Found so much determination to stay on track today when out with the family. They all had a McFlurry with the weather being so hot, but I stayed strong and passed on having one. Then later on they have been snacking on chocolate and crisps, but again I have stayed strong and managed to avoid them :) Really proud of my determination over the past two days, and managing to steer myself away from so much temptation.

Still drinking my pomegranate green tea like it's going out of fashion! Really happy that I've started to drink and enjoy the green tea, as I know it has some great health benefits :)

Now time to get into bed and watch Les Miserables - doesn't feel quite the same watching it without Liam here (his guilty pleasure!) - however the chances of me seeing the whole thing are very very slim.

Helen xx

Morning :)

Had my weigh in this morning and was so happy to see that I've lost 4lbs this week! This has taken me back down into the 10st bracket and closer to my target weight. I go on holiday 4 weeks today and I have 9lb to go, so its a big final push from now :) Today I am also starting level 2 of the 30DS, and at the moment I am actually looking forward to doing it.

Decided to carry on with another green week again :) Had some lovely meals this week and would love to have some of them again, so guess this is the best way to do it!

Deciding whether to do my first online shop and stock up on lots of things to see us through the next couple of weeks, or to just go to the supermarket and maybe keep the costs down - decisions, decisions!

First things first though - 30 day shred time!

Helen xx

Afternoon :)

Level 2, day 1 of the 30DS has been completed - what a killer. It almost seems like my fitness is going down instead of getting better - where's the logic in that!? I've realised as well that I should definitely have taken measurements of other parts except just my thighs, so that I can see if there has been an actual difference. I've decided I'll do them in the morning, again when I start level 3 (if I ever get there) and the morning after completing the shred.

After I came in after doing the shred (I do it out in the garage for anyone wondering where I disappear off to - we've sort of transformed it into a gym and I have a better mental attitude when I do it in there, as opposed to in front of the TV), all I wanted to do was eat everything and anything that I came across. I managed to resist though, and had a quick Rocky Road Hi-Fi bar (3 syns).

Lunch - Jacket potato (FREE); Baked beans (FREE); 42g reduced fat cheese (HexA)

IMG_2062.jpg

Did my first online food shop this afternoon - felt so grown up! Decided that I couldn't be bothered to go to the supermarket about 3 times purely because I wouldn't be able to carry it all back with me, so decided to just order it all together. Ordered it from Asda, which is a great treat as it's the only supermarket we don't have around here (we've got a Morrisons, Tesco's and Sainsbury's) so always nice to get the shopping from somewhere else. Managed to find some cheap extra bits that I need for when I move out in September, so started that collection too. Every cloud...

Can't decide what to have for dinner tonight. We have quite a bit left over from the BBQ yesterday, so could have couscous, potato salad, and the pasta salads with extra salad things too. On the other hand, I quite fancy having a stir-fry again, so will have to keep having a think about that one!

Helen xx

Congrats on the 4lb loss Helen, that's fantastic! I watched day two of the shred today and it scared me....trying not to think about it! I won't start it until next Wednesday though, eek! I am thinking after 30DS I will do her killer abs workout...I think I am getting a little bit obsessed with Jillian! I love her!!! Good luck for tomorrow's workout, hopefully it will get easier for you - your pics look amazing and very encouraging hun. I don't know how I'll ever have the nerve to post mine!!! xxx

Congrats on the 4lb loss Helen, that's fantastic! I watched day two of the shred today and it scared me....trying not to think about it! I won't start it until next Wednesday though, eek! I am thinking after 30DS I will do her killer abs workout...I think I am getting a little bit obsessed with Jillian! I love her!!! Good luck for tomorrow's workout, hopefully it will get easier for you - your pics look amazing and very encouraging hun. I don't know how I'll ever have the nerve to post mine!!! xxx

Thanks Claire :) I think I'm quite psyched to do it again tomorrow so hopefully that'll remain the same in the morning! Aww thank you :) I decided to just bite the bullet and post them, hopefully other people will agree with you! Xxx

Went for the lazy decision regarding dinner in the end and had leftover BBQ things from yesterday, which my mother in law even plated up for me - I feel this is a good time to add that although I do love my mother in law, we're not crazy best friends who spend all our time together - me and my boyfriend live with his parents, hence I'm spending a bit more time around her this week whilst he's away.

Dinner - Slice of gammon (1.5 syns); roasted vegetable couscous (FREE); SW potato salad (2 syns); SW pasta salads (2 syns); mixed salad (FREE); pickle (1.5 syns); slice of Gouda (HexA). I'm not always the biggest fan of eating salads but this was a really delicious meal :) Wish I had a photo of it to share but my phone died before I got the chance!

Despite wanting to die after doing the 30DS earlier on, I am ready to face the challenge again tomorrow! Think this has been spurred on by the text I have just sent my OH to tell him of this weeks inch and weight loss, so I want to keep soldiering on with it and lose even more before we head off on our holiday, and maybe even tone up slightly more before I see him on Friday (if that's possible in that short space of time?).

Feeling really peckish at the moment, so I'm slowly considering what I could have to eat. I do have another HexB to use today, so I could have some toast before bed, but I'm not sure if I'm eating it just for the sake of doing so. Might just have an Options Hot Chocolate instead for 2 syns before bed :)

Even more decisions....

Helen xx

What a strange day! Woke up feeling okay after starting level 2 yesterday so I was well prepared to do it again today. Recently I started selling Avon and so I headed off to deliver all my orders today to the primary school where my mum works and ended up spending 3/4 of my day catching up with my old teachers, which is always lovely :)

And then it all went a little downhill...

Lunch - Heinz beef and vegetable big soup. I hadn't taken any lunch with me as I wasn't sure how long I was going to be. So I went over to my grandads to see if he had a tin of beans I could have for my lunch. My auntie was there, who also does slimming world, who said that I should have this big soup if I was doing a green day - I definitely should not have listened to her, as I found out the syns afterwards and apparently they are 10 syns a tin :(

Plus I had already agreed to go out for tea with my mum, so I wanted to be really good at lunch in case I went slightly over with my tea. Not a good start.

Dinner - went to one of the local pubs, and I opted for a ham and cheese salad bowl. It was a fantastic mix of slow cooked ham, cheddar cheese and lettuce/tomatoes/cucumber/peppers. The only problem was the honey and mustard dressing that was lathered all over it - so so delicious but that only reminded me more of how many syns it must have been :(

I'm also going out for tea tomorrow night too, for a friends birthday. We're going to Wetherspoons so I already know that I am going to have sweet chilli egg noodles, as these are only 1 syn on a green day, so I can hopefully have either a glass of wine or half a cider with it :)

Done day 2 of level 2 tonight, and it was another tough one. I am sweating absolute buckets when I'm doing it. The exercises that we do on level 2 are much more fun than the ones of level 1, and I think this eases the extra challenge that they present.

Ready to crack on with day 3 tomorrow!

Helen xx

Had an awful sleep last night - couldn't drop off for the life of me! So had a bit of a groggy start to the day but soon perked up again after a couple of green tea's. Day 3 of level 2 has been completed this morning and, as always, I was bloomin' shattered afterwards. However this isn't putting me off getting back out there and doing it the next day, which really is something for me, who has always been the first to bolt away from exercise wherever I could. Really feeling it in my shoulders at the moment but fingers crossed they are getting stronger and I'll be able to hold myself comfortably in them planks very soon!!

Another green day today :)

Lunch - Cheesy chips(!) - SW Chips (FREE); 28g cheddar cheese (HexA) - absolutely delicious.

IMG_2072.jpg

Had a Shape yoghurt for pud too :)

Heading out for tea tonight, but already planned what I am going to have :) Sweet chilli egg noodles are 1 syn on a green day so sticking with those. Working my syns today so that I can have a cider tonight with my tea as an extra little treat.

Having to stay in this afternoon waiting for my food shopping to be delivered, so going to crack on with the scrapbook I am making Liam for when he goes to uni this September :) Crafty day ahead!

Helen xx

Well done on the loss !! And you can Defo tell the difference on the photos !! Well done you :) xxx

Busy day tidying today, ready for the OH coming home tomorrow - don't want him to think I've done bugger all while he's been away ;)

Had a really nice evening last night with some friends :) went out to Wetherspoons for tea and, as planned, I had the sweet chilli egg noodles for 1 syn, with a cheeky sachet of mayonnaise for around 1 syn too :) I then had 2 half pints of strongbow, which are 4 syns each, which I kept alternated with glasses of tap water throughout :) I then had a single vodka and diet coke for 2.5 syns :) before I went out I had a ryvita crispbread which are 1 syn each, so had around 13.5 syns yesterday :)

Sticking with a green day again :) feeling really positive about this past week so fingers crossed there will be a loss on Monday again. Still another few days to go before that though...

Snack - Rocky Road Hi Fi Bar (3 syns)

Lunch - Low fat sweet chilli super noodles (FREE)

Still deciding what to have for dinner tonight. At the moment I am toying between sweet potato and courgette burgers, couscous stuffed butternut squash or a chicken stir fry... For once we have a full cupboard so I have too many options now!!

Going to do the 30DS this evening as its far too warm to do it at the moment, so going to wait till it has hopefully cooled down :) onto day 4 of level 2 now - cant believe how quickly this level is going!!

Helen xx

Quick afternoon update :)

Had the low fat super noodles for lunch and was so disappointed by them :( they tasted of absolutely nothing so couldn't eat them all with them being so bland. Made myself a microwave rice pudding which filled me up considerably :) only half a HexA and added a spoonful of jam for 2 syns.

image-3204531805.jpg

I'm going to have to stop myself buying clothes on eBay too. Bought a dress yesterday and another vest today, but I didn't need either of them and in all honesty, couldn't afford them either, but always feel I have to see an auction through and win it - not a good trait!

Decided to have couscous stuffed butternut squash for dinner tonight :) going to top it with mozzarella for another HexA. Still debating whether to have a chicken breast with it too as my second HexB...

Helen xx

Evening :)

Just finished level 2, day 4 of the 30DS, and I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm feeling alot more alive after doing it today than I over the past three days. Hopefully my fitness and stamina levels are beginning to pick up again. Doing it first thing tomorrow morning to get it out of the way, as the OH is coming home around lunchtime, so want to have it done by then :)

Mother nature paid a visit this morning so been feeling abit groggy today, but thank fully I haven't wanted to go on a crazy food binge :) felt really bloated all day so that's made me feel a bit pants, but that seems to have gone down quite a lot now after I've finished the shred.

Dinner - Roasted butternut squash (FREE), filled with roasted vegetable couscous (FREE), topped with mozzarella (HexA), with a BBQ marinaded chicken breast (HexB).

IMG_2078.jpg

Had a bowl of fresh strawberries for my pudding, which were picked today from my OH's grandad's allotment :) delicious!

Still drinking my pomegranate green tea until it's coming out of my ears! My OH is going to get such a shock when he gets back tomorrow... Haven't had as big of a water intake today though as I have been doing, so will need to up that again tomorrow.

Going to have myself a treat in a bit - an Asda smartprice chocolate mousse - 4 syns!! Even less than the Tesco everyday value ones :) 18p for 4 again, so fantastic value!!

Helen xx

Morning :)

Powered through this morning already! Day 5 of level 2 done this morning - another killer, but really pleased its done :) can't believe I'm half way through level 2 already!! It's going sooo much faster than level 1 did. Final tidy round and fresh bedding put on before the OH gets home - really excited to see him now! :)

Measured my legs again this morning - lost another half an inch on my right leg, but my left leg has STS for now. It's great to see a difference in inches as well as just in weight :) finally got round to taking measurements for my waist/hips/bust this morning so will monitor those over the next 15 days to see if this last push makes any more difference. Also after having to Google what an 'NSV' was, I can report that I have one!! When I was 18 my mother in law bought me a gorgeous playsuit, my size and everything, that I have never ever been able to do up - now, nearly 3 years after getting it, it's too big!! So I still can't wear it but it's definitely for a positive reason this time, haha :)

Doing another green day :)

Not too sure what I'm going to have for lunch yet - will probably wait until the OH is home and just make something for both of us. Decided to make a bolognese pasta bake for dinner tonight, as it's always a winner :)

Now to have a sit down for 5 with a cuppa in the sun!

Helen xx

Evening :)

Got my mr back today so I'm a very happy girl! Who also returned with a lovely big bottle of Nina Ricci for me... He knows me well ;) He did however go to bed at 5pm and I haven't seem him since... So much for a night in together haha!!

Food wise I have been so good today! Finished off some leftover roasted vegetable couscous for my lunch and then had bolognese pasta bake for tea :) was planning on maybe having a Chinese as a treat, with the OH been back but that will probably be tomorrow now seen as he is dead to the world at the mo!

Planning on getting the 30DS done in the morning, but if not I might just take a rest day :) will see how I feel in the morning.

Had lots of compliments today about my weight loss which has made me feel fantastic :) so happy to know that people are noticing - the hard work must be paying off!

Time for a cup of tea now and maybe a romcom! :)

Helen xx

Oooo glad he's home - typical man in bed early lol ... At least you have a lovely weekend ahead of you .. Enjoy Helen xx

Back