Helen's Food Diary :)

Oooooo lovely! Bet you can't wait !!!! :)

Well iv already been Tenerife, Amsterdam and Barcelona this year - the city hols were a couple of days but amazing and Tenerife a week ..... So, nothin else this year as we're skinted ... But, Mexico is booked for feb 2014 .. Eeeekkkk ;) xx

Oooh you lucky thing :) sounds amazing! Really love Tenerife :) aww at least you've got something else to look forward too!! Having these holiday goals definitely make all this hard work worth it :D xxx

Morning :)

Thankfully the scales have shown a loss this morning! Only 1lb, but at least it's a loss, and after this weekend I was expecting a hefty gain. It is definitely teasing me about that stone award - only 1lb needed now to get it! That is definitely my goal this week :)

Bought the new SW magazine last week so going to be flicking through that again today to find some more recipes for meals this week, although now it's going to be more of a case of using up what we have in the cupboards and freezer, rather than buying more food.

Here's to another positive week!

Helen xx

Monday 22nd July - Afternoon update!

Time for a quick afternoon update :)

Found myself being so tired today - no amount of green tea seems to be making me function either! So haven't been doing an awful lot, except browsing around the forums looking for more food inspiration. Found a couple of threads talking about frozen banana's having a great ice-cream texture, so I've popped one in the freezer. The only issue I have is that I'm unsure about the syn value of it, as all the threads suggest to purée the banana after it has come out of the freezer, however this then has to be synned... There is 90g of banana if anyone can help me?

Doing another week of green days - money is v. tight at the mo, so having lots of vegetarian based dishes will hopefully help keep the costs down! On the plus side, I really enjoy doing them so I'm perfectly happy to carry on like this :)

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB); portion of HexA milk allowance.

Lunch - Southern style Quorn burger (2.5 syns); SW chips, with 1/2 tsp of Sesame Oil - we have no FryLight left!! (1 syn); roasted onions (FREE); mixed leaf salad (FREE); tomato sauce (1 syn)

IMG_2134.jpg

Tea - Mushy pea curry sauce (FREE); Bachelors pilau rice (FREE); debating between adding a HexB of chicken to the curry sauce, or having a wholemeal pitta bread instead as my HexB.

Going to make some syn free cheese and chive scones this afternoon, along with some syn free lemon curd which I plan to have with fruit throughout the week, or maybe with some yoghurt on a morning for my breakfast. Then the plan is to head out to the garage and do Day 9 of Level 2 of the 30DS - after 5 days off I NEED to motivate myself to get back into it. Plus time is running out for me to complete it too - 12 days left to do and only 14 until my holiday!! :slap:

Helen :) xx

Evening all :)

Actually took myself off to do the shred today and, jee whizz, what a tough one! I should know better after last time when I had a 3 day break how hard it is when you get back to doing it, so to leave it 5 days - pure stupidity! However that is now day 19 (day 9 of level 2) complete and I am approaching the final third of this mission :) what a great feeling!

Had a baking (sort of) afternoon and made some cheese and onion scones and lemon curd - love the scones, but going to get rid of the lemon curd - definitely not my cup of tea! Can't win every time though...

Made the mushy pea curry for tea and it was delicious! Had the sauce on its own with bachelors pilau rice and a mixed leaf salad...

image-1025760081.jpg

Only had one HexB today and half a HexA, so guessing that I should probably try and get those done before bedtime tonight. Got myself a banana freezing at the moment, but I think it is a bit too late now to start blending up a banana haha!

Think I'm going to grill a couple of my scones and top them with some cheese :)

Helen xx

Morning :)

Thankfully I'm not hurting from the shred yesterday, which I was expecting, so that has been a good start to the day. Going to do the shred this afternoon I think :) it is the last day of level 2 today - despite having so many days off from it, I'm still in complete shock as to how quick this level has gone! Hopefully getting the suitcases out of the loft this evening so the holiday packing can start tomorrow - getting really excited now!

Had a bit of a mix around with my breakfast today. After reading on another thread about swapping your Hex's, I decided to pass on having my usual HexB breakfast:

Breakfast - Fromage frais (FREE); apple (FREE); banana (FREE); raspberries (FREE); and 1/2 tbsp strawberry jam (1 syn).

IMG_2141.jpg

This has now left me with both my HexB's for the rest of the day, along with my two HexA's, so plenty of scope for some lovely meals for lunch and tea :)

Now my plan of action for the day is to spend unnecessary hours completing graduate application forms - oh the joys of law school!

Helen xx

Ooo never thought of having jam with my yogurt & fruit! Cracking idea!!
Iv read that frozen bananas are still syn free but don't quote me on that .. I saw it on fb!

Well done on your loss ;) xxx

Ooo never thought of having jam with my yogurt & fruit! Cracking idea!!
Iv read that frozen bananas are still syn free but don't quote me on that .. I saw it on fb!

Well done on your loss ;) xxx

It was quite yummy actually :) little treat sneaked in there! I hope they are, because I looked in the book and it works out about 4 syns once puréed and that seems such a lot just for a banana :(

Thank you very much :) can't complain as long as I'm heading in the right direction! Xxx

It was quite yummy actually :) little treat sneaked in there! I hope they are, because I looked in the book and it works out about 4 syns once puréed and that seems such a lot just for a banana :(

Thank you very much :) can't complain as long as I'm heading in the right direction! Xxx

Well your only still havin one banana - whereas a puréed one would mean you'd eat quite a few ;) still better than a frozen chocolate bar .. Mmm xx

Well your only still havin one banana - whereas a puréed one would mean you'd eat quite a few ;) still better than a frozen chocolate bar .. Mmm xx

Ooh exactly! ;) all I can think is I may as well have a bowl (well a scoop) of real ice cream for four syns!! Xxx

Hi :)

It is now official - I have completed level 2 of the shred! Still cannot get over that I have finished it - level 1 seemed to go on forever. Starting level 3 straight away tomorrow, so going to watch through it later on so that I can get a feel of what this level is going to demand of me - I'm imagine that it's not going to be pretty! Found that my legs are aching a LOT after today though, but I was trying my best to do as many of the advanced moves as I could, because I can feel my fitness improving so thought I may as well give it a whirl.

Only got half way through an application form earlier - they are so monotonous and I definitely need to be in the right frame of mind to do them. So saved that for another day and hopefully I'll be able to complete it before next Wednesday's deadline.

Wasn't too bothered about making anything grand for lunch, so stuck with SW chips and beans :) Then had a satsuma afterwards. Snuck a quick Rocky Road Hi-Fi bar in before my workout and now I'm trying to decide whether to have another one later as my second HexB, or whether to just syn that one, and use my HexB on something else.

Currently in the process of making a bolognese pasta bake for tea. Using the mince as my HexB - there's just over 3 HexB's worth in the packet, so I am freezing half of the mixture to use another day, and me and my OH will just share the rest out for tea tonight. I'm going to use one of my HexAs on cheese for the topping, so I also have another one of those to use if I want to.

Need to have a hunt around tonight for the USB cable for my Kindle - must get it organised before we go on holiday, because I have to have more books on there than I will probably ever need, because you never know!!

Helen xx

Evening :)

Starting with a rant first of all - I have been done over by bloody Aldi Jaffa Cakes!! Decided to treat myself to one earlier, so got it out the packet and took my first bite, only to then read that they have 53 calories in one Jaffa Cake - there is only 40 cals in REAL Jaffa Cakes!!! Now I appreciate that it's only half a syn, but these things are few and far between some days (not today I may add) but still, where is the sense in that!?

Tea was delicious :) Really enjoy a bolognese pasta bake, and this time I didn't put as many chopped tomatoes in so the sauce was lovely and thick. Took me all my willpower not to eat the whole thing!!

I have just sat and watched through level 3 of the shred, and parts of my body actually started to twinge whilst sat here on the sofa - how are they going to feel when I'm actually doing it tomorrow?! :patback:

Drank so much more green tea today than I have done in a couple of weeks. During the 8 days that my OH was away I was easily drinking 6 or 7 cups a day, but since he's been back its been a miracle if I've had one some days. But gone through quite a lot today, and definitely feeling a lot better for it :)

The rest of the night will now consist of waiting up for my OH to return home from his work's leaving do, so that I can make sure he doesn't destroy the house when he (eventually) arrives home :hitthefan: < (must say that it THE best smiley I've ever seen!!)

So to find some rubbish on the TV to occupy me during this time.... Will update on the outcome tomorrow!!

Helen xx

That's 3 syns per Jaffa ... Sue em!!

Well done on reaching level 3 shred! Did you take some before pics so you can look at the difference? Iv seen some amazing pics of the before & after process :) xx

So bad isn't it!! Trying to save a little bit of money and BAM, they hit you like a train. Currently in a mood with Aldi.

I've got a couple from about 2 weeks before I started the shred, so they are counting as my before ones haha :) then I have some from throughout - think one is from the start of level 2 - but sometimes when I look at that one I feel that I look better than I do now :( but going to really give this final level some serious effort! That could prove a bloody big challenge though...

Xxx

Had a relatively relaxed day today, but had a rubbish sleep last night, so a slower pace was definitely needed! I was so excited to look out at the washing line earlier to see it full of bikinis and swim shorts, all ready to be packed :D only 11 days to go now!!

Level 3 of the 30DS begin tonight and it was a toughy! I can already tell that this level is going to take its toll on my legs - but that is something I am not going to grumble about if it has the results I am looking for :) One thing I have ruled myself out of doing is the rock star kicks, because of my knees. I don't want to put that much pressure on them and then end up not being able to do the shred at all, so I'm going to do butt kicks at that point. Aside from that, I think it will become more manageable - all about improving my strength :)

Still doing my green days, but I've been thinking about maybe doing a red week next week to try and shift some final few pounds before I jet off...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB)

Lunch - Sweet chilli chicken panini (HexA, HexB + 10 syns)

Dinner - Bolognese pasta bake (3 syns + HexA)

Snacks - WW yoghurt (FREE); satsuma (FREE)

As we had lunch out today I'm not going to be having any other syns today, so that I can stay on plan as best I can :)

Had a relatively relaxed day today, but had a rubbish sleep last night, so a slower pace was definitely needed! I was so excited to look out at the washing line earlier to see it full of bikinis and swim shorts, all ready to be packed :D only 11 days to go now!!

Level 3 of the 30DS begin tonight and it was a toughy! I can already tell that this level is going to take its toll on my legs - but that is something I am not going to grumble about if it has the results I am looking for :) One thing I have ruled myself out of doing is the rock star kicks, because of my knees. I don't want to put that much pressure on them and then end up not being able to do the shred at all, so I'm going to do butt kicks at that point. Aside from that, I think it will become more manageable - all about improving my strength :)

Still doing my green days, but I've been thinking about maybe doing a red week next week to try and shift some final few pounds before I jet off...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB)

Lunch - Sweet chilli chicken panini (HexA, HexB + 10 syns)

Dinner - Bolognese pasta bake (3 syns + HexA)

Snacks - WW yoghurt (FREE); satsuma (FREE)

As we had lunch out today I'm not going to be having any other syns today, so that I can stay on plan as best I can :)

Here to follow sweetie! Food looks fabulous and not long holibobs now!

I havent had a holiday in over 10 years. And since buying the bakery I doubt there will be one for another 10! Good job I love my life!

Have a fab day sweetie!

Xxx

Here to follow sweetie! Food looks fabulous and not long holibobs now!

I havent had a holiday in over 10 years. And since buying the bakery I doubt there will be one for another 10! Good job I love my life!

Have a fab day sweetie!

Xxx

Thank you :) Ooh I'm so excited for it - my inner child is counting down like crazy! Aww I bet it's so lovely having the bakery though :) I know my OH would be v.v.v. jealous!! Xxx

Back