Helen's Food Diary :)

Hello :)

First things first - my hips, ribs and abs have been so sore today!! Level 3 really is something else, but I can see the finish line now so I'm not going to be giving up anytime soon :) Completed day 2 of level 3 today so persevering on again tomorrow.

Had a change of heart about my plan today, and I have decided that from tomorrow I am going to be doing red days instead. I've been feeling quite bloated for the past few days, and with not long left now before my holiday, I don't want to be feeling like that, so I think that limiting my carbs should help to minimise this :)

Haven't had too many syns today, so I'm having a little treat now before bedtime :)

Breakfast - All Bran Golden Crunch (HexB)

Lunch - Mushy pea curry sauce (FREE); SW chips (1 syn - sesame oil)

Snacks - WW yoghurt (FREE); satsumas (FREE)

Dinner - Ratatouille pasta sauce (FREE); wholewheat spaghetti (FREE); 2 small chicken drumsticks (HexB)

IMG_2151.jpg

Bedtime snacks - WW hot chocolate (1.5 syns); 5g mini marshmallows (1 syn); 2 jaffa cakes (5 syns); rowntrees jelly pot (0.5 syns)

Helen xx

You're def making me want to get back into the shred! I gave it up to go to curves but my 6 week membership there is up in 2 weeks so back to Gillian I think!

Aww I'm glad I've motivated you!! :) Some days she can be my absolute worst enemy, but I definitely owe her a lot for getting me where I'm at now :) Xx

Hi :)

Did my weekly measurements this morning and was very pleased to discover I have lost another half an inch on my right leg, bringing my total to 1.5 inches; I have also lost 1.5 inches on my waist in two weeks, and not so happily, 2 inches on my bust :( but guess that's one of the downsides of weight loss! But all in all I am so pleased with it :) Completed day 3 of level 3 as well today - found it quite tough today, but I think it was because I was quite tired before doing it and so i was 100% in the right frame of mind. Up to do it in the morning again :)

Done my first red day in a while today, and haven't found it all that bad :) just seem to get a few more hunger feelings than on green, but hopefully that should subside :)

Lunch - I was treated today to my lunch cooked by my OH and it was very yummy indeed :) tuna with an array of vegetables and chilli. I also added half a HexA of cheese to it :) - 1.5 syns + HexA

image-4221732039.jpg

Dinner - Fajita marinated chicken drumsticks, all skin removed (1.5 syns); wholemeal pasta (HexB); roasted vegetables (FREE); kale (FREE)

image-1463117535.jpg

Snacks - 2 Ryvita crackerbreads (2 syns); 1 tsp marshmallow fluff (0.5 syns); twister (2.5 syns); 125ml red wine (4 syns); WW hot chocolate (1.5 syns)

Feeling very pleasantly full right now so time for a Friday night film with the OH, before a busy day tomorrow. We are going to a beer festival at our local town hall, so I know I'm probably going to be quite a few syns over. Going to try minimise it as best I can, but I always remind myself that one day off plan isn't going to hurt too much :)

Helen xx

Did my weekly measurements this morning and was very pleased to discover I have lost another half an inch on my right leg, bringing my total to 1.5 inches; I have also lost 1.5 inches on my waist in two weeks, and not so happily, 2 inches on my bust :( but guess that's one of the downsides of weight loss! But all in all I am so pleased with it :) Completed day 3 of level 3 as well today - found it quite tough today, but I think it was because I was quite tired before doing it and so i was 100% in the right frame of mind. Up to do it in the morning again :)

Done my first red day in a while today, and haven't found it all that bad :) just seem to get a few more hunger feelings than on green, but hopefully that should subside :)

Lunch - I was treated today to my lunch cooked by my OH and it was very yummy indeed :) tuna with an array of vegetables and chilli. I also added half a HexA of cheese to it :) - 1.5 syns + HexA

View attachment 100949

Dinner - Fajita marinated chicken drumsticks, all skin removed (1.5 syns); wholemeal pasta (HexB); roasted vegetables (FREE); kale (FREE)

View attachment 100950

Snacks - 2 Ryvita crackerbreads (2 syns); 1 tsp marshmallow fluff (0.5 syns); twister (2.5 syns); 125ml red wine (4 syns); WW hot chocolate (1.5 syns)

Feeling very pleasantly full right now so time for a Friday night film with the OH, before a busy day tomorrow. We are going to a beer festival at our local town hall, so I know I'm probably going to be quite a few syns over. Going to try minimise it as best I can, but I always remind myself that one day off plan isn't going to hurt too much :)

Helen xx

Food looks fab! Flexi syn honey! Set an amount and stick to it. Then cut back over the week. Enjoy the beer festival xx

Afternoon :)

Had a really good day at the beer festival yesterday and actually didn't end up drinking as much as I expected to - definitely feeling it today though!! Since starting SW again, we just don't drink very much anymore so now when I do drink, it hits me quick... So much food temptation around but only ended up having half a hog roast sandwich that I shared with my OH :)

Today's food...

Breakfast - All Bran Golden Crunch (HexB); WW yoghurt

Lunch - Pork (FREE); mixed vegetables (FREE); mashed potato (4 syns); stuffing (2 syns); gravy (1.5 syns)

Spending the rest of the afternoon attempting to recover, and then I need to head out to the garage to do day 5 of level 3 of the shred :) the finish line is soooooo close now!

Helen xx

I'VE DONE IT!!! I have lost 4lbs this week which has taken me over the stone mark :D :D cannot even begin to say how happy I am! My total weight loss over the last 12 weeks is now 1st 3lbs, and that includes having a restart after putting it all back on in week 3! :) My holiday is now only one week away so I am more motivated than ever to shift a little bit more, so for once I can feel fabulous on my hols!! Another milestone is that I am now the lightest I have been in a fair few years, and the lightest I have ever been in the 4 years I have been with my OH, so that's something I'm really proud of :)

Going to carry on doing red days this week, and fingers crossed great results will come when I weigh in on Sunday :)

Breakfast - All Bran Golden Crunch (HexB); 2 slices of bacon, all fat removed (FREE); 1/2 tbsp onion relish (0.5 syns)

Snacks - 1/2 toasted teacake (4.5 syns); butter (1 syn)

Lunch - Butternut squash soup (FREE); butternut squash crisps (FREE)

image-486807927.jpg

Dinner - Tandoori style turkey (FREE); calabrese salad (HexA + 1 syn); honey courgettes (1.5 syns)

image-3613221293.jpgimage-3635019252.jpgimage-3872398658.jpg

Dinner was soooo delicious and was all cooked by my OH :) he's such a fantastic cook and is actually the person who taught me how to cook. He's not doing slimming world with me at the moment but is calorie counting himself, and was so considerate to make sure it was all within my syns for the day - an absolute treasure!

My auntie also sent me this picture from our Sunday lunch last weekend - cant believe how different we are both looking!

image-3892007382.jpg

Had lots of lovely comments off people this weekend, it has been so fantastic :) even more motivation!! I am now half way through level 3 of the shred - only 5 more days to go :) surprisingly I really enjoyed doing it today and felt that my fitness had increased a lot! Having a day of rest yesterday really appears to have paid off :)

Helen xx

Aw wow!!! 4lb is amazing !!!!! Well done you !!!! And what an amazing loss you've had so far!!! :) xxx

Aww you and OH make such a cute couple!!

Its really nice for you to have such a supportive partner! And tha fact he is great cook is a massive bonus! !

Aww you and OH make such a cute couple!!

Its really nice for you to have such a supportive partner! And tha fact he is great cook is a massive bonus! !

Aww thank you!! :) haha I have definitely fallen lucky with this one - even though now he usually can't get within shouting distance of the kitchen, it's my territory now ;)

Have a good day sweetie! Xxx

Aww thank you!! :) haha I have definitely fallen lucky with this one - even though now he usually can't get within shouting distance of the kitchen, it's my territory now ;)

Have a good day sweetie! Xxx

Everyone is banned from my kitchen. It makes me anxious when people touch my stuff and try and cook! People are only allowed in the kitchen to put clean washing up away as I hate it! Haha!

Xxxx

Evening :)

Today was originally spent filling out numerous application forms, however my concentration soon fizzled out so that has now become tomorrow morning's job - deadline day!!

Went out for a walk with my OH earlier on, intending for it only to be a 20 minute round-the-block sort of affair, however 1hr 20 mins later and p*ss wet through we arrived home! Ended up walking up to the village just outside of our town and then came back down the canal, which was really lovely and peaceful, even if it did rain!

Didn't manage to get out to do my shred until after 9pm tonight but I was determined to do it, as time is massively against me! So that is day 26 completed, can't believe it's nearly done :) really looking forward to having my final measurements and photos on Sunday morning!

Had another red day today...

Lunch - Bolognese sauce (FREE); cheese curls (3 syns)

Dinner - Tomato and basil chicken (FREE); butternut squash chips (FREE); broccoli and kale (FREE)

image-3929254406.jpg

Snacks - Slices of ham (FREE); 2 weetabix (HexB); 15g chocolate pillows (3 syns); WW hot chocolate (1.5 syns); mini milk (2 syns)

Helen xx

Quick picture of last nights tea...

image-3112775813.jpg

Chicken New Yorker, with roasted vegetables and kale! So so yummy :)

Finally got round to purchasing our travel insurance this morning and doing our online check in - just over 3 days to go!! Managed to get the majority of the packing done yesterday too so just floating around like lost causes at the moment, twiddling our thumbs.

Done another red day today :)

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB)

Lunch - Chicken and stir fried vegetables (0 syns)

image-2722516249.jpg

Dinner - Turkey, cheese and bacon burger (HexA, HexB + 0.5 syns) with cabbage and kale.

image-3349644993.jpg

For pudding I mixed fat free yoghurt with a teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread - absolute heaven!!! Only 1.5 syns too :)

image-1512048299.jpg

Snacks - Frube (1.5 syns), twister (2.5 syns), slice of turkey (FREE)

Onto level 3, day 8 of the shred now! Only 3 workouts to go before I am shredded out :) getting quite nervous now about the final weigh in and measurements on Sunday morning!! Although I must say my biceps are bloody massive now, level 3 has ripped them to shreds.

Helen xx

Attachments

• image-2769042312.jpg
    image-2769042312.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 37
Just updated my 30DS progress chart and I must say this is a fantastic sight to see!!

image-1280236302.jpg

Still can't believe I have actually persevered with it all - most unlike the 'old' me!

Helen xx

Well done on your progress !!!!! :)

What does kale taste like? Iv always been intrigued x x

I always think its tastes like a cross between savoy cabbage and spinach!

Xxx

In all honesty I don't think it tastes of a whole lot... A little bit like spinach doesn't massively taste of much! We have an endless supply at the mo because my boyfriends grandad owns an allotment and is overrun by kale at the mo, so we're having it all the time it seems. I steam it, just like I do with spinach and broccoli, so it keeps its lovely colour, and doesn't become all watery etc :)

Xxx

Ahh cool - I may get some ... What's the best way to cook it? :) xx

Ahh cool - I may get some ... What's the best way to cook it? :) xx

I would steam it :) pop it in a steamer over a pan of boiling water for literally around 4-5 minutes a voila! It cooks so quickly so it's a win win situation all round :) xxx

Back