Helleew girlies! Rejoining SW this evening!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Hi guys, wow what a whirlwind couple of weeks!!! Some of you know that I've been travelling around on the road with work. I haven't been to SW class in about 2 months because of clashes with work and just being generally really busy. Got back from Manchester last night and back on track today.

I've realised that I *really* need the accountability, friendly competition, support and encouragement I get from classes to stay motivated and on track. In the 2 months I've been away from class, not only have I lost a big fat zero I've actually gained what looks like 5lbs! :( Sigh... We've been staying at hotels, meals catered at dinner and lunches brought to us during afternoon meetings etc. Work, although incredibly fulfilling and exciting, has been mentally and physically draining so I haven't really bothered trying to find SW alternative to meals provided. I know it requires effort to succeed but what makes me put in that extra effort is definitely tucked away in my SW classes.
When I started SW I was incredibly focused and raring to go and it was mostly to do with my wonderful consultant Vanessa and the rest of the fab group.

SO!

I'm rejoining group today and making it a priority and scheduling my week around that class rather than fitting it in when I've got time. Heck I have the luxury of picking my days off so why don't I pick one that coincides with my SW class? I've been working crazy hours, 6 - 7 days a week and it needs to stop because, quite frankly, I'm exhausted!

Because I've decided to join today I'm just going to go to whatever group is open and close by. My usual group is on a Thursday at 9:30am and 7:00pm. Missed the morning class because I slept in, exhausted from trip last night. And we've got friends over for dinner (making SW paella!!) so the 7:00pm class won't work either. So I'm going to another class at 5:30pm which is perfect and then carry on with my usual 9:30am class from next Thursday.

I've also bought a shiny new paperchase book as a food journal. It would definitely keep me on track, especially when I'm out of town with work. And because I'm such a nerd, I've attached pics! :D

Attachments

• diary.jpg
    diary.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 53
  • diary3.jpg
    diary3.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 57
  • diary2.jpg
    diary2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 53
Yey! You've become a member of Team Thursday hun! Good luck with weigh in tonight and well done for realising you have to come first, not work! xx

welcome back honeyoc, as you were the first person to put me onto BNS I gladly welcome you back into the fold :D:D

Good luck with the rejoin.

Hi Hun and welcome back!
Good luck with weigh in, not that you need it!

xx

So glad to see you back- you were missed. How were those hotel breakfasts?

Wow- I can feel the enthusiasm coming off my screen. Well done you for all your hard work lately and for jumping straight back into the plan with such motivation (and I love the book)

Hope WI goes well and your evening is lovely

xxxx

Welcome back X

welcome back Honeyoc,

I haven't been about myself. We have inlaws visiting at the moment for just over 3 weeks, so SW has gone a bit out the window, as we had a trip to Chicago and a few meals out here and there. Luckily I have managed to stick to SW where possible, but have had the occasional night off.

I gained 2lbs after my long weekend in Chicago, but have lost 2.5lbs this week, so got the 2lbs off and an extra 0.5lbs which I was please about. It is really hard though to stay on track when you have things getting in your way.

I actually have a nice notebook in the kitchen, so will take a leaf out of your book and start writing out my food diarys once our visitors have left on Monday.

Good luck for next weeks weigh in. I am looking forward to seeing more food piccies from you :)

Thanks so much guys. Feel a bit rubbish stopping and starting so many times *blush* but anyway! Its not how many times you fall, its the fact that you pick yourself up :D

Britmum, you're so right about things getting in the way and for me it was the thought of being back on the scales at the end of the week that kept me right on track. But now when I know there's no class, I just eat whatever and swear to "start again" the next day. I've been so frustrated and upset by my lack of progress and it dawned on me that what I really needed was a class to go to every week and a place where I can be held accountable. So here I go, wish me luck!

Back