Hellllooooo ?? :)

slimming-girl

Silver Member
I have been a long time user of cambridge diet and just recently been attracted to the idea of slim and save simply because the shakes are getting boring and the idea of the little meals sounds great and its also cheaper :) i have just ordered a weeks worth to see if its my kind of diet has anyone else moved across from cambridge and how do you find the losses ? Looking forward to a new start a new diet and some great results :D

Hi,

It may be that the shakes on Cambridge have changed since I last had them (about 9 years ago) but the S&S shakes are more palatable as are Exante shakes. I like Slim and Save because of the meals, it's not as boring and I can sit at the table with the kids and eat a little meal with some veg. Vegetables taste absolutely wonderful after doing just Exante shakes! Lol. There are recipes on here for making biscuits in the microwave with the bars from S&S and cookies with the oatmeal, trifles with the shakes and water flavouring so if you're doing a VLCD, I find that S&S is that little bit closer to the normality of food and of course, it is cheaper than Cambridge! Always a plus :) Good luck!

Thank you tog, how much have you lost so far with smim and save :D

First time round I lost 3 stone, this is my new start date today! I'm on here getting some inspiration. I don't feel hungry so far yet today and I'm kind of excited. It's like joining a secret club in a way, lol. I'm going to make some trifles today and some jelly too. I need to snack! Did you find the shakes and soups on Cambridge OK? Do they still do the tetra packs of shake?

they do the tetra packs still but eugh i hate tetras :O still soups also :) x

well the meals have arrived, i have had a toffee shake yummy didnt like the bottom of glass taste but i can deal with it :), oh had his sweet porridge and loved it. Armed with glass of water now heres to slim and save day 1 im EXCITED

Hi slimming-girl
I did CD before this and I can honestly say (I am on Day 4) that I 100% prefer S&S. The shakes taste nice and do not appear to have the after taste of CD and the consistency is better. I tend to add more water than they say as the choc one is quite rich. The meals give more variety than the boring soups on CD (altho I didnt order any S&S soup) I so far really enjoyed the banana shake, Chilli, Spicy Spag, coconut bar. I think I could stick to this long run as things dont taste like they are full of chemicals and I always add a bit of veg to bulk things out.
How much do you want to lose? Have you got a goal?

Yes I started on Cambridge in January and just 3 shakes a day wasn't motivating me to stick to it - I much prefer slim and save which I've been dabbling with since march - I'm just completing my first week on s&s (have had a very hard year so far but now the time is right) and it is so much better than Cambridge! Good luck to you x

Wel dinner was delicious i cant believe ive waited so long to try slim and save, i had the spag bol and oh had mac cheese he LOVED IT, i have 78 pounds to loose :O id like an healthy bmi as i would like to start a family and my weight has put me off as id feel better with a healthy bmi as there is alot of risks associated with overweight etc so in myself id feel better. i think i can do this diet to the end simply because of the meals they have made the difference for me :) i am so excited now :D xx Tiger lilly im sure you will have a great week keep up the good work :) and carly well done for getting to day 4 :) look forward to our weigh in results :D

Back