Hellman's Fat Free Vinaigrette allowed?

minnie_me

Anyone know if this is allowed? Ta

No.

even without looking I would guess it's too high in Carbs, sugar, anything else....

You can't have most prepared or premixed foods as they all contain some fillers, thickeners, sugars, even if they are FAT-FREE.

Just get youself a nice bottle of Balsamic Vinegar, plus a sprinkle of Salt & pepper and herbs and your salad is dressed and just as tasty. Oh and Mustard is also allowed, a much-used ingredient in my kitchen these days.

This is the nutritional breakdown:

TYPICAL VALUESPER 100MLPER SERVING (15ML)
Energy203 kj31 kj
Energy49 kcal7 kcal
Protein0.1gTrace
Carbohydrate10.8g1.6g
Carbohydrate of which sugars10.8g1.6g
Fat0g0g
Saturated fat of which SAFA0g0g
Fibre0.5gTrace
Sodium0.37g0.05g
Salt (based on sodium)0.93g0.14g
[h=3]Each 15ml serving contains[/h]
  • Calories7<1%
  • Sugars1.6g2%
  • Fat0g0%
  • Saturates0g0%
  • Salt0.14g2%
of a woman's guideline daily amount[h=3]INGREDIENTS[/h]Water, Spirit Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Thickeners (Carrageenan, Xanthan gum), Thyme, Parsley, Red Bell Pepper (0.4%), Garlic Powder, Black Pepper
Suitable for vegans and ovo-lacto vegetarians

As I said. Avoid sugar at all costs.

It's up to you - If you are bored with the alternatives and desperate for change with the current cruise set-up then try it. If you find your losses too slow or stalling, then drop it. Definitely not allowed in attack though.

I would avoid straying from the list of allowed things right from the start, keep the extras for the next few months when oyu need a bit of inspiration.

Also - you can MAKE that yourself and save some money to boot! - you have the list there: Vinegar+Salt/Papper/Spices+Sugar - just use sweetener and no need for thickenners and preservatives. Mix yourself a little in a jar and dribble over your salad.

Thanks guys, I'll leave it for now. I made my own version with Fat Free Fromage Frais, Balsamic Vinegar, Mustard, parsley and a little water to make it runny. Not half bad. I think the next time I'll add some red chilli.

The Dukan vinaigrette from the book is good - balsamic, mustard, garlic, seasoning

Got to say though, I enjoy my veggies naked now :D

P x

I quite like a squirt of lemon juice on a salad, it just highlights some of the flavours

balsamic vinegar all the way!!! xx

Back