Hello agaaaaiiiiiiin :)

alicethecamel

Hello everyone,
I wish I could say I'm delighted to be back :rolleyes:

Long story short, started 300+lbs, got down to 185lbs (happiest 5 minutes of my life!! :D) and now mysteriously back to 303lbs... how did that happen??

In the news this morning they're reporting a group of people handing out "fat-shaming" cards on London Transport. It reminded me of the negative opinions that some people have about people my size and how I must be embarrassing my children at school pick up etc. etc.... :(

Never mind, as of this morning I'm trying again to get back to a healthy weight... It's been five hours and I haven't fallen off the wagon yet :cool:

Probably not best timing to have a motivational moment 24 days before Xmas but never mind... Anyone else here have lots to lose?

Good luck all!!

Alice :)

Welcome back Alice...I find it strange how the body likes to reset to the heaviest weight...never the lowest:(

n the news this morning they're reporting a group of people handing out "fat-shaming" cards on London Transport. It reminded me of the negative opinions that some people have about people my size and how I must be embarrassing my children at school pick up etc. etc.... :(
Sad someone/group would feel the need to intentionally hurt others...I guess it is some sort of transference:rolleyes:
Never mind, as of this morning I'm trying again to get back to a healthy weight... It's been five hours and I haven't fallen off the wagon yet :cool:
Five hours now...is a step in the right direction.
Probably not best timing to have a motivational moment 24 days before Xmas but never mind... Anyone else here have lots to lose?
December is a difficult month for everyone and I intend being a couple of pounds down at the end of the month...slowly chipping away it and nearly my first stone off again:)

Shaming anyone on any aspect of their outer shell is very wrong and says a lot more about that person than the one they are attacking. As for children at school pick up just you being a parent embarrasses them, I remember being embarrassed by my very attractive mother picking me up because she always looked over dressed and my best friend was embarrassed because her mother was older than the other mums.. Never be afraid to be you whatever you feel your outer shell lacks. There are very few people who are secure about it all. Some feel bad about their body shape ( too fat, too thin, too short) or their bad skin, birthmarks, hair , legs, teeth it's endless.

I think one of the big issues that needs to be addressed is self esteem because it's an endless cycle of self hatred and eating to make yourself feel better and feeling bad for being fatter and eating ... And we need to work on that self esteem now not when we are thin because it does not magically resolve.

I have been thin and fat and I between and had the same problems at all sizes. In fact the person with the lowest esteem I have ever met was my cousin who died from anorexia. So let's love ourselves fat or thin as we are each amazing, individual people who are unique to all the others out there.

P.S the perfect models in the mags are airbrushed nobody is perfect and even skinny people get cellulite

Ha!! Thank you very much both for your lovely messages :)

Mini, good luck for December and yes, you're absolutely right about resetting to the heaviest... plus a bit extra I find... :mad:

Tanya, you're absolutely right of course - and the thought of you being embarrassed about your mother being too attractive has made me feel very relieved, thank you... although I'm sure my children will never have to suffer the same!! :)

Thank you both very much again,
Alice :)

Good luck, Alice! I was 301lbs when I started, so I know how daunting that is - but you can definitely do it! Have you checked out the WEMITTS part of the forum? That's where you'll find lots of people with a significant amount of weight to lose. All the best. :) xx

Good luck, Alice! I was 301lbs when I started, so I know how daunting that is - but you can definitely do it! Have you checked out the WEMITTS part of the forum? That's where you'll find lots of people with a significant amount of weight to lose. All the best. :) xx
Thank you for this lovely message Tracy... You are SO LITTLE now!! Congratulations to you!! I will head over to WeMitts, thank you - and hope to join you in the Little League soon A x

Thank you for this lovely message Tracy... You are SO LITTLE now!! Congratulations to you!! I will head over to WeMitts, thank you - and hope to join you in the Little League soon A x

Aww, thank you Alice! I still find it hard to think of myself as small, lol. I know you can do it, especially with the help of this great forum. :) xx

Thank you!! :D xx

Back