Hello again and HELP!!

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
Hello SW friends :wave_cry: - I've been away from here for a while due to some health issues so apologies from me for my absence and silence!

But I really need your brilliant help now as I'm so far off track I don't know the way back!

I've had some pretty major surgery, so with that, meds and inactivity I'm not tackling the weight loss! I so don't want to regain my hard lost weight, and I've such a long way to target. Its playing on my mind a bit so I must be getting better!

Has anyone any sort of a plan to pick myself up, get back on track and at least control my plan until such a time that I can really get losing? I'm at the 'mercy' of my angel helpers who are bringing me nice food and treats and now my appetite is back I'm about to tip into old habits (- 256 cals in a poxy mince pie :eek:!!!!) and I don't want to regain. I can't shop (other than online but then I can't lift it to put it away!!) or cook so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I've got about 10 weeks ahead of me of re-cuperation (sp?) before a phased return to normality (driving, work etc) so how do I do it?!

Any thoughts or ideas so gratefully recieved.

Lots of love xx

Hi Cupcake and welcome back,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been well. Glad you're on the mend now though.

I don't have much advice for you other than to ask your 'angel' helpers to try and help you stick to plan. Tell them how grateful you are for their help, see what they can manage in terms of SW friendly food and ask them not to bring you only limited 'treats' because you love them and will eat them (at your cost !). It looks as though you have done brilliantly so far and it will definitely be really obvious what you've lost so I'm sure that they will understand.

I hope you have a speedy and uncomplicated recovery.

Best wishes

Gail x

hi cupcake welcome back u've taken the first step by coming back on to minimins perhaps if u read through the diaries it will give u a bit more incentive and help u to get and stay in the right frame of mind. good luck and a speedy recovery :)

Thanks - I guess there isn't a 'way' really is there?

I can't see my way through this - I dont feel its my place to tell others how to cook (frylight anyone?!!) and I'm so grateful for the help I'm getting here I really am.

But the eating bit is only half the problem - the inactivity is a pain too. I long to be able to just go out for a walk!

SW doesn't work in all cases does it? This might be an instance where I leave the plan behind and find an alternative (calorie counting?). SW is great when you are in control of shopping, preparation, cooking, planning - but it doesn't work if you can't do that. And right now - I simply can't do any of that for myself. Grr.

Thanks anyway guys xx

Hi Cupcake,
Sorry to hear about your surgery - I hope your recovery goes well!

I've been in a very similar situation, having also had major surgery last year. I had previously lost a lot of weight, but whilst waiting for surgery and afterwards I was forced to be quite inactive and ended up getting sucked into the 'comfort eating' scenario, so ended up piling it back on.

It is really difficult when you're relying on other help people to cook for you and people often think they're being nice by bringing 'treats' for you to eat, but too many of them add up. I don't think it's ideal to try and lose weight whilst your body is recovering from major surgery, but you could try and focus on maintaining your weight.

Could you suggest things like soups or jacket potatoes for meals, and choose healthy snacks? If you need things to nibble on during the day, Graze.com send healthy snacks in the post (although I'd avoid too many nuts).

Thank you Skipalong - glad to know I'm not alone, and well done for slimming now.

I've asked for my fav SW meals and have started writing some of my recipes down. My lovely daughter has also brought me some Fibre Plus bars so got some nice treaty nibbles there!

I've weighed myself today and am down 4 lbs from last WI (over a month ago) so staying quite stable given I lost a sudden large amount then have regained some. (Also lost a lot of muscle tone due to inactivity).

I'm trying my best. I'll get there. It just might take me longer than anticipated!

Thanks again! xx

Glad to hear you've got some tasty nibbles to enjoy! That's great that your weight has gone down, despite all that's happening, and must be encouraging.
Enjoy your SW meals!

Back