Hello Again Help with Stews

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by cd121272, 18 March 2007 Social URL.

1. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi All, hope you are all well

Not been on for a couple of days as been quite busy but think I am doing ok. Yesterday I was at a buffet with my mother-in-law, I was pretty good and stayed away from the battered stuff and the pizza's just went for the turkey, ham and salad, mind you a did pinch a couple of the little sausages lol cant not have those. Only thing is I have no idea how many point I ate yesterday so gotta be careful today as it's way day tomorrow.

Anyway yet another question. I have a slow cooker that I cannot live without.........I have all the veg you can think of and some stewing steak, I was wondering if anyone new of anything I could put in with it apart from gravy as I know that gravy is quite high in points when you have a lot of it. Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

If I were you I would pop to your local shop and pick up a casserole mix. They're cheap and they usually work out about 2 points for the whole pack (which will easily do 2 - 4 portion, depending on how much beg you're putting in).

I did one myself this week and it was delicious! I'm also a huge fan of the slow cooker, it turns tough pieces of cheap or lean meat into something that melts in your mouth! Mmm! I'd recommend them to anyone!

4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

What I meant to say was 'veg', lol!!

5. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yep Marie you are spot on with the cheap meat coming out melting in your mouth mmmmmm. I found out about the packet mixes being low in points as I decided to do a chilli so I have at the moment got my chilli in there with a colmans packet.

I am having a jacket potatoe with mine yum.

Oh the onlly other thing is the points system for a jacket potatoe, does the weight in the books go on a cooked or non cooked one. As when a potatoe is baked it loses a lot of weight so which one is it?

Thanks

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I love chilli con carne done in the slow cooker!! It tastes so much nicer when it's been simmering away all day.

I don't honestly know about the jacket potato, I don't often have them myself. In the weight watchers book I picked up last week it says that a medium jacket potato for 2.5 points is about the same size as a light bulb...but that's as much help as I can be on that front. Sorry.

7. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    No worries Marie, I have my weighin tomorrow night so I will ask Donna (our leader) she will be able to tell me then so I will let you know.

When is your weighin?

Thanks

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

My weigh in is also tomorrow night - I am dreading it!

9. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yeap so am I it is my second one!

Now come on we have both got aroung the 30 mark to lose, think possitive WE CAN all do this. ;)

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Too right we can! ;)

It'll be interesting to see how we get on, especially as we both have a similar amount to lose and we both weigh in on the same day.

11. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It certainly will and with having about the same to lose we can keep each other on track......Until we have done it. There you go we can be weight loss buddies LOL.

At least then we have a challenge against someone as well, all be it a friendly one of cause........LOL

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It won't take it long...so long as we stick to it ;)

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  14. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Is yours on a monday as well Starlight?

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  16. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    In that case good luck to everyone who is being weighed tomorrow, sounds like most of us LOL.

Lets get rid of a few more pounds between us.

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Yes! Let's!! I'm hoping for 3...I'm feeling optimistic. Although, after my disaterous meal last night perhaps I should settle for 2...over even 1, hehe.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I shocked myself last week Marie, I though it would definately be just a 1 or 2 lb and ended up with 4 so anything can happen. I think after my little hickup this weekend I am looking at a 1 or 2 and it will be a bonus if it is more......LOL
    I would idealy like 3 lbs off then it will be 1/2 stone in two weeks but I am not holding my breath.
    Definately just as nervous now as I was last week though.....!

20. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It's a horrible feeling isn't it...I just know I'm going to lose sleep tonight because of it!

21. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think we all do so you are definately not on your own on that one.......

22. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wish all you ladies who get weighed monday night

Good luck and hope you have some loses

Bethany

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.