Hello again

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Russiandoll, 4 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Some of you may remember me - some won't know me. I haven't been here for about a year and am about the same weight as I was then (a long, long way from where I want to be).

In a nutshell....
    At my heaviest I was a bit over 22st.
    Started Cambridge in March 2006 - down to 12st 6lb by Dec 2006.
    Events in 2007 saw everything go to rats ... back up to 17st 10lb by the end of 2008.
    And I've yo-yo'd up and down between 17st 13lb and 16st 5lb ever since.

I'm currently at 17st 8lb and desperate to get my mojo back so I can lose the weight I regained. I've joined a gym but have only been a handful of times. I've tried again and again to make Cambridge work for me but I don't think I can ever recreate that 'Golden time'. I just end up getting hungry / disheartened / depressed and cannot stick to it.
    I've tried 'eating healthily' and cutting down on carbs - I rarely get beyond week 1 and end up sabotaging my efforts. Then I get angry with myself and a wave of self loathing sweeps over me. I know I hate how I look so why, why, WHY can't I stick with anything?

Anyway, I've decided to give the Rosemary Conley Solo diet a go, combined with swimming / gym a couple of times a week. It's not cheap (probably in line with Cambridge) but it's clear to me I need strict structure - but knowing I can't seem to stick with Cambridge anymore I'm willing to give something new a try. I've ordered a month's worth - it should arrive in a day or so and then I can start. Please let this be the kick-start I need! I don't want to hit 50 looking like this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Well fancy seeing you here.

Welcome back.

Good luck with RC Solo

Irene xx
  4. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Russiandoll, Do hope you have a better result this time and manage to stick to your diet.

I'm afraid the old lack of mojoism befalls most of us at some time or another, awful isn't it? I have just about recovered from my few weeks - actually since Xmas - of not being very studious and am hoping to keep going. I shall be just treating each day as it comes and not looking at the whole future as one long dreary dieting regime.

I wish you all the very best in your new attempt... take care...:)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.