Hello all and a question....what have they done to my scanbran?!

I've been lurking round minimins for a while, so thought I'd be polite and say hello :wavey:

I first did SW about 6 years ago, lost quite a bit of weight, but of course didn't stick to it, fell back into old habits, tried a few other dieting options in the meantime which didn't work for me, sohere I am again!

I'm now 3 weeks into my SW routine (doing it at home, using my old books) and so far so good - I've lost 5lb! Getting lots of tips from you folks, a big thank you!

Now to my query - what have they done to my scan bran?!

I'm one of those people who like scan bran, and I headed into Holland & Barrett to buy some today for the first time in a few years. I now see that they're 1 syn each (if not used as a HexB). But they used to be only 1/2 syn each (I'm finishing off an old packet and it says so on the wrapper...quick aside - they don't go off too easily!!). Checked the ingredients, they're the same, checked the nutrition breakdown and the makers have squeezed in an extra 80 cals per 100g, while keeping all the other numbers the same (carbs, fibre etc). So what have they done?

My 2 syn lunch (assuming the topping is a free one) will now become a 4 syn lunch for what looks like the same thing?

Anyone know what happened?

Bye for now!
DD

Thanks for that link, MrsWilsonCroft. All my old packets are gone now, so time to start counting the scanbran as 1 syn each....hey ho!!!

Back