Hello all Slimming world restarter.

starburst85

Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I am rejoining sw on Monday evening for what i hope will be my final time. I am somewhat of a serial joiner. As in I go for a few months and then get feed up and leave. I hope this time I can make it to my target and stick it out. Good luck to everyone else on there own journeys. I look forward to reading peoples entries and getting to know some people.

Starburst x

Hello :) I just joined SW today. Also have followed the plan in the past. Good luck :) Hope Monday evening goes well.

Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I am rejoining sw on Monday evening for what i hope will be my final time. I am somewhat of a serial joiner. As in I go for a few months and then get feed up and leave. I hope this time I can make it to my target and stick it out. Good luck to everyone else on there own journeys. I look forward to reading peoples entries and getting to know some people.

Starburst x

Hi Starburst!

Welcome! I am new here and joined with the aim to help people in their weightloss journey to reach the goals they have set out to achieve.

I have recently completed a transformation of my own and now want to offer support to those in a similar situation as I was in. One thing I have learnt is that support is vital!

Why do you think that you have stopped SW etc in the past after a few months? What can we do this time to get past the roadblock that has got in your way previously!?

Good Luck and speak soon!

Carl

I think i have stopped a few times because i get stuck in a rut and fed up of the same foods so I am gonna try and really mix it up a bit this. I am trying to encourage my husband to do the plan with me too. I think that will help me stay on track aswell. I suppose i have to ask self what i want more take out or to be slim and healthy!!

I think i have stopped a few times because i get stuck in a rut and fed up of the same foods so I am gonna try and really mix it up a bit this. I am trying to encourage my husband to do the plan with me too. I think that will help me stay on track aswell. I suppose i have to ask self what i want more take out or to be slim and healthy!!

Hi Starburst!

I agree that if you dont keep the variety with your meals it will get boring quickly. For me, I think the change needs to be seen as a permanent move towards being healthy and not just eating "slimming world" meals whilst you are on the diet and losing weight.

SW offers the chance to eat a wide range of foods and to make lots of different recipes. Have you looked at the recipes before?? I was addicted to the chilli tuna pasta bake haha!

Will you be doing exercise also? I think this is something that is really important as it will speed up you metabolism and burn those calories you need! :)

Have you thought about finding an accountability partner to help you? you say you are trying to get you husband to do it with you which is great but it can also be good to have someone else?

Looking forward to tonight?!

Carl

My best friend goes to slimming world aswell which is great. It also has a down side too though cause i compare my weight loss to hers and vice versa. Which can be off putting. I now that i need to do it for me. What is an an accountability partner??

I dont know what I have let myself in for cause I have signed up for the gym aswell. This is the 1st time i have tried both together, so hopefully I notice better results this way. I just want to feel healthy.

The Chilli tuna pasta bake sounds fab do have a recipie?? I am quite a good cook so i do like to try new things. But i tend to find what i like and stick to it.

I just notced you live in Barcelona we are going there for a city break in March can you reccomend any must sees??

Hola (first Spanish lesson complete haha)

Yes, I live here in Barcelona - you will love it here! The must see things to do on a break are:

Sagrada Familia
Las Ramblas
Camp Nou (if you like football, but is actually interesting even if you are not a fanatic)
Magic Fountains
Parc Guell
Arc de Triomph (Parc Cituadilla)
Born
Vila Olympic

I can answer any questions you have with regards to restaurants, bars, travelling etc - just let me know!

So back to business. An accountability partner is someone who acts like a training buddy or a more serious but honest way to look at it is by comparing it to the job of a sponser for someone who attends AA etc.

Its someone who you talk to about your progress, someone who works with you to achieve goals, set targets and basically keep you on the straight and narrow!!

It can be great having your best friend or husband etc supporting you but sometimes its actually difficult for them to give you the occasional "kick up the bum" when you need to be kept on track. There are a lot of emotions and feelings involved which can get in the way to be honest.

With an accountability partner it is someone who you report to weekly, or even daily if needed with your progress. If you are having a crappy day you can let them know and the benefit here is that you are never alone on your challenge and you always have someone to turn to who will give you honest and helpful advice.

I am looking to become a professional accountability coach offering help and support to people on a weight loss mission. At the moment I am simply here to offer free help and support so that I am able to provide the best service possible when I begin. In addition to being there to help through the good and bad I will also be offering exercise plans, recipe suggestions and other motivational ideas to keep people on track.

I know how hard it can be to lose weight and how easy it can be to fall off the wagon without the correct focus and help. I want to be there for my clients to keep them on track and help them acheive their goals!

I would be happy to help you in any way I can and any feedback about my idea would be greatly appreciated!

So - the Chilli Pasta bake :

[h=3]ingredients[/h]
  • 1 x 198g/7oz can tuna in brine
  • juice of ½ lemon
  • 4 spring onions, finely chopped
  • 1 x 398g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
  • 681g/1½lb leftover cooked pasta tubes or shapes
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 28g/1oz fresh white breadcrumbs
  • Fry Light, for spraying
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • Sprinkle of Chilli flakes

To be honest - you can add anything you like to it providing you keep within your SW rules!! I like spicy food so add a lot of chilli flakes haha! up to you though!

The chilli bake sounds great will defo be giving that a go. The accountability coach sounds like a good idea in theory and would suit people who are really commited and need that extra soupport.. It may not suit some people though. Such as those who attend a slimming group as they may feel they can get the support there. I know what you mean about the people close to you not being able to give you the kick up the bum u need sometime. My husband lets me quite too easily lol. Thanks for the info on Barcelona. Hoping to take it a game at the camp nou when we are there.

I agree that a lot of Slimming clubs provide a good amount of support but I am also looking to help people who are trying to make it on their own, or who have previously tried and been unsuccessfull at losing the weight they want.

My mum has been going to SW for over 5 years now. In that time her weight has gone down, up, and down again but she goes more for the social side of it and she has made some great friends there!

I think that for some people the extra help might be what they need to succeed, with help regarding exercising for example. The gym can be daunting to anyone who hasnt been before, even more so when you feel a little bit self concious of the way you look.

The other factor is that with a lot of slimming clubs the meetings are only 1 time a week which for some people isnt enough!

Like I said, if you want any help regarding Barcelona let me know!

Carl

Hi,
My husband and I both go to slimming world, in some respects it's helpful. But we tend to find that if one 'falls off the wagon' then the other follows suit. I am hoping that being on here will help keep me on the straight and narrow.
Julie

Back