Hello all

DavidW

Hi There my names Dave and I just joined, what a great site :)

I found you by searching on the gastric band

I have been reading up a lot on this and the more I read the more I don't want the band :( I have been funded and I have my first appointment at the Chelsea and Westminster in early November to see a bariatric Nurse, one question (there will be many .. lol) is this, will I have a choice on what surgery I recieve or will it "have" to be the band as that is what my GP first asked for, I've read up on this a lot and with my lifestyle and eating habbits I think a bypass would be better in the long run, I tend to eat loads all the time and always hungry and my fear is that I would try and cheat the with the band, any advice welcome and as said earlier, great site, keep up the fantastic work

Be Careful

:D Hi Davew,
Be careful about this, I cinsidered a gastric band and I amso glad I didn't. I amon Lighter Life and it is the BEST thing I have ever done. I am on week 13 and have lost 54lb so far (2 more pounds and that is 4 stone :))
I highly, highly recommend it. I am feeling great , and I amthe original Mrs Hungry, I never thought I could do something like this.
Yo might decide the band is the way togo for you, just make sure you have ALL of the facts, and the very best of luck whatever you decide

Hi There my names Dave and I just joined, what a great site :)

I found you by searching on the gastric band

I have been reading up a lot on this and the more I read the more I don't want the band :( I have been funded and I have my first appointment at the Chelsea and Westminster in early November to see a bariatric Nurse, one question (there will be many .. lol) is this, will I have a choice on what surgery I recieve or will it "have" to be the band as that is what my GP first asked for, I've read up on this a lot and with my lifestyle and eating habbits I think a bypass would be better in the long run, I tend to eat loads all the time and always hungry and my fear is that I would try and cheat the with the band, any advice welcome and as said earlier, great site, keep up the fantastic work

Hi there David welcome, the way forward in my opinion is to do all your research first, just by looking around this site you will gain a wealth of knowledge, read the ups and downs that members have experienced on different weight loss plans look at all the options you may or may not have.

Good Luck xxx

Hi Thanks for the replies :) I can see there is so much to research, I've already found out loads of info from here :), I just want to be properly informed when I have my appointment and hopefully make the correct choices, thanks again both of you for your advice

Dave

Back