Hello all :)

stef2009

Gold Member
Hi all ok so I think I've posted here a couple of times bout starting SW but then never did it... I'm hoping this time I'm going to give it a good go !!!

I was wondering do you have to basically cook to follow slimming world!? I hate cooking, I can't cook, OH is the chef but with us both working long hours atm we just eat quick fix up things so is there any quick fix up meals for tea on sw? Also I do find sw hard to get my head round, what would be easiest to follow ee or the red-green days?

Many thanks :) xxxx

Hi!! Well done on deciding to join, it really is a big step!
I personally do extra easy as it does what it says-is easy to fit in I think! But plenty of people do green and red too so u need to look through the plans and see what best suits u and your food tastes and lifestyle!
With regards to food-it does require cooking as u need to do most things from scratch. Sw is all about knowing what goes in your food to stop those hidden fats, sugars, oils etc so using most packets/jars ready meals etc will involve synning them.
That being said there are plenty of quick meals like pasta cakes, chilli, Bolognese, steak and chips, meat and veg, salads, curries etc that don't require much cooking and with things like chilli, Bolognese etc you can cook a huge catch and then keep it in tubs in the freezer to use during the week so u dont feel like your having to cook from scratch every night! U can also do big pasta bakes or batches of soup to leave in fridge in week to take to work so u aren't faffing with a new lunch everyday. Like I said you have to sit down And work out what suits your lifestyle and planning is definitely the key, but it is definitely doable!! Good luck :) x

Hi, well done for making the decision to start SW, I hope you'll love it like I do.

My consultant suggested that only doing Green days would be best for me as I'm vegetarian so I can't give you advice on Green/Red vs. EE unfortunately.

I'm not much of a cook either, I've mastered a nice tomato pasta sauce and a veggie chilli and I'm slowly starting to experiment with other things to keep my meals varied. Some of the Batchelor's pasta 'n' sauces are free as are some of the savoury rices. I sometimes have them with added veg if I'm looking for a quick fix meal. I suppose you could add meat to them too if you want. Soups are great, I've always got one on the go which can do for meals or as snacks.

Good luck getting started.

Back