Hello and thank you!

Coffee Bean

Hello, I'm on my second week of the Atkins Diet and I've had a lot of inspiration reading your posts and recipes - thanks for sharing!

I'm finding it totally bizarre, to be honest. I seem to be eating and cooking all the time, compared to what I used to do, but the weight is coming off.

I've got a little boy of 26 months and I've lived on sugar and caffeine since he has been born and I was getting very tired in the afternoon and snacking lots but since last week I've not even wanted to - I can't work out if it is psychological or as a physical result of the low-carbing. Either way, I'm really enjoying it.

hi coffeebean, welcome and good luck. atkins is a big cooking way of living. meat meat and more meat!!
after the first week most of us had lots more energy. i am more lively now than i have been in a long time and thats even with my son keeping me awake every night :D
dont forget to et your greens as jim would say :D

hi and welcome x

Thank you!

I actually don't eat meat - I've been living on Quorn bacon, prawns and fish and lots of leafy greens!

HI CB and welcome. Girlygirl is a Vegie so she may be able to give you some tips.

Hi CB.. welcome to the forum. xx

hi and welcome!!

i used to live on coffee and my kids are 8 and 10 lol

atkins really does clear you so you have that energy you dont normally have in the afternoons :D

I've now lost 11lbs in the first two weeks! I'm totally chuffed as I have never, ever lasted more than 3 days on a diet before. I've not had a piece of chocolate, crisp, cake, bread or pasta and I feel fabulous, if not a little amazed.

Good news CB, lovely to hear that. :)

Happy days hunni!

Makes us wish we had found Atkins years ago.......

Have u any fab things u do with fish?
I love fish ( when cooked for me) and would really like to start cooking it for myself and for it not to be toooo dry

Keep up the good work chick!

Woofy x

Hi coffeebean and congratulations on your loss, that's a fantastic start! :D

Morning CB. :)

Morning Jim!

Have u any fab things u do with fish?
I love fish ( when cooked for me) and would really like to start cooking it for myself and for it not to be toooo dry

My favourite breakfast is now smoked haddock omlette - absolutely lush! I've also bought a jar of spices/herbs for fish and I just put a blob of butter in salmon/cod fillet, cover it in the herbs and stick it in the oven.

I still keep thinking it's bizarre!

mmm smoked haddock omelette. I have a gorgeous piece of smoked haddock from when I went to Crastor and couldnt face the kippers :D

I don't eat fish any more but when I did I liked a tsp of Patak's curry paste mixed with yogurt (you could use cream I guess) smothered on the top. I used this for cod or salmon.

Cook salmon/cod in oven in tin foil with some olive oil and herbs, then stiry fry veggies with lime, coriander, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and chili. Amend as necessary to make Atkins friendly :)

Veggies stir fried like this are so fresh and tasty and go really well with salmon, cod, prawns or other meat I guess.

Back