Hello. Be gental please!

Hi all

Just a quick quick intro from me.

As my user name suggests I'm a full time mummy to two girls aged 14months and 2yrs 8 months so I'm kept busy!

I've struggled with my weight since I was about 9 years old. I blame my parents. My mum has no idea about healthy eating portion control ect and her own weight problems only support this. She would send me to school on crisps and chocolate for breakfast. I can even recall a time when d have microchips for breakfast (I've not admitted that to anyone ever so as I say be gentle) I've decided if I'm going to change my eating habits, I need to be honest with myself and those I hope will support me.

I've learnt honesty is the only way after suffering post natal depression with my youngest daughter. I'm still suffering and on medication but my mood is under control most of the time.

Going back to my mum - I can't blame it all on her as I've lost weight before (on a calorie controlled diet and on we) so know I can do it but I've always gone back to old habits and gained it again. But I learnt a lot from her - my love of chip shop chips, eating a family bag of crisps rather than a 25g bag, having to have at least 5 biscuits with a cuppa...... the list goes on.

Anyway this morning something snapped in me, I don't want my girls growing up like me,I want to live to see them have children children of their own and I don't want to feel so bloody hot n sweaty every summer.

As I said I've Done ww before and I don't like the new points system so I'm going to give sw a chance. I'm quite impulsive and now I've decided I've gotta do it before I lose the courage so I'm joining tomorrow morning, reading the literature tomorrow afternoon and starting Sunday as I have a girl's night tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to offer support to you all and hope I can gain supply from you all....

Next instalment to come soon

Last edited:
Hi. I am a mum of two girls aged 14 and 15. I started sw 6 weeks ago and have lost 13.5 lb. Like you I have tried other diets and plans and I never stick to them. But I fine sw so easy. My friend told me about how great it is. So here I am nearly a stone lighter. And looking forward to buying some size 12 jeans by winter.!!
I have a diary page so feel free to pop on and chat anytime
http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=319003

Hiya from another newbie I am feeling like you I desperately want my children not to struggle with their weight like I have x

Hello, I joined sw impulsively 6 weeks ago, was at work on a Monday, thought I've got to do something and joined that night, I've lost 9lb, should have been more but I had a slip up!

Your right about being honest and I've found coming on here and just getting down what I've eaten has really helped me, its the days I don't is the days I cock up!

Good luck to you on your journey x x

Back