hello everyone im starting atkins on monday

freddy

Hi all after 3 weeks on slimming world and gaining each week at weigh in i need to try the atkins diet. can anyone reccomend which book i need to buy also is there a recipe book too.i notice you have great weight losses on this diet hopefully they will work for me too,as slimming world just seemed to stop after the 1st week.even though i was doing everything rght.all the best Freddy

Hey and welcome, are you a girl Freddy or a bloke Freddy. We need more blokes on here, there are only 3 of us at the moment. :)

Very true Jim, we could use a bit more male company!

Welcome Freddy, gal or guy!

You will love Atkins x

Hi Freddy! :)

I can't help you with the book I'm afraid as I'm not techinically doing Atkins. But I'm sure there's a new version out...

Welcome to our fun anf friendly board! :D

hi everyone im a man:D thankyou for the welcomes

Hi all after 3 weeks on slimming world and gaining each week at weigh in i need to try the atkins diet. can anyone reccomend which book i need to buy also is there a recipe book too.i notice you have great weight losses on this diet hopefully they will work for me too,as slimming world just seemed to stop after the 1st week.even though i was doing everything rght.all the best Freddy

try the main atkins site loads of information there on what to cook or here to.

Stephen

hi freddy
the dr atkins new diet revolution (with orange cover) i got mine on ebay for £3! read it - it has all you need
and yes the atkins site is great you can download a pdf of all the acceptable foods!
good luck im new too! the food on this diet was way to yummy for me not to try ... so sick of special k and muller lights lol - much rather have egg & bacon mmm

good luck - everyone on here is sooo lovely and helpful if you have any questions - someone will be straight back with an answer for you

gabrielle x

Yay, Freddy's a bloke. LOL

Ooo Ooo another MAN!!!!!!!

Hi Freddy and welcome to The Atkins Mad House!

Woofy x

Welcome Freddy!!!

Jim, come on, you can't say you secretly don't love being one of the only men on here surrounded by women...? :8855:

It's funny because I'm the only lad in my college group aswell. :wee:

Hi and welcome Freddy!
Woof back off, you are technically spoken for now :8855:
It's a bit of a madhouse but you'll love it on here - my only complaint is you can't get anything done cos you don't want to leave here in case you miss something lol x :D

LOL @ Aaron. :)

Welcome Freddy. You've already guessed that it's bonkers on here! Good luck with your start on Monday.

Hi Freddy & welcome to the madhouse!! x

Hi Freddy :D
I got the old version of the book from ebay its from the 80s i think!
I dont use it that much i got most of my info off here. :D

p.s. the recipe thread on here is fab. You must try the cheeseburger pie :D

Hiya Freddy & good luck! Have a look in the recipe threads and What Are We Eating Today for menu ideas, I've found them really helpful.

Back