Hello everyone

swizzle

I thought I'd say 'Hello' as i've been a bit of a lurker for the past 4 weeks and since reading a few threads i've learnt so much about SW.
I've got my 4th weigh in tonight but to be honest the weight doesn't seem to be dropping off me like it does to other people.
My 1st week i lost 2lbs, 2nd week 2lbs then last week 1lb.
I've been on my scales today and it's showing 0.5lbs.
Feel a bit rubbish at this but i'm really enjoying the freedom on this diet so not giving in yet.
Here's hoping for a loss tonight.
You all seem like a great bunch so i'm looking forward to joining in.:)

Hi, thats great losses it is better to lose slow and steady as that is healthy way to do it. If you wi at class please stay off your scales as they are not same as class ones and will show different results. Good luck for tonight.

Yes i go to class. My C has looked at my food diary's and says everything is fine and i'm doing everything right.
Just feel like it's never gunna go LOL

you'll probably get a sudden whoosh hon :) are you drinking plenty of water?

good luck for wi :)

wow that's a great weight loss i think! don't be discouraged, that's really good! welcome! x

SW say to expect losses around 1-2lbs a week. Health experts say this is a healthy amount to lose weekly. Losing a lot of weight in a short space of time is not good for your body - plus I think this 'slow' rate has helped get into a SW lifestyle that I will stick to for life, rather than losing all my weight then going back to my old habits and put it all back on again.

The way I see it is that I didn't put all the weight on overnight so I can't expect to lose it fast either!

You're doing fine - keep it up!

Your weightlosses are great, could you may be looking at the weightloss of people who have quite a bit to lose and comparing yourself to them.

I have 10 stone + to lose :eek: and it is coming off quite quickly, to compare yourself to someone with several stones to lose may give you a false sense of whats going on.

Stick with it you are doing amazing :D

The weight loss is fine, I started Feb 09 with 16lbs to lose & I'm now down to just 1.5lb to target. I'm happy with this pace as the SW plan suits me, I never feel deprived or hungry & I know it's something I can do forever :p

hello and welcome to the forum.
congrats on your losses, you don't have loads to loose so it will come off at the rate it is doing. enjoy the forums loads of support here
xx

Hello and welcome xxx

Welcome!! your weight loss is good...have you been on a diet before??? it happened to my mum she lost a little slower at first and is now picking up well.....they say 1-2 pound is good..so keep with it and pop on here for lots of good advice and a laugh! x x

Thank you for all the 'welcomes'.
Been to WI and i lost 0.5lb, my scales always weigh the same so it's never a suprise.
I hope i don't sound ungrateful for my losses but everyone else seems to loose alot their first week so i was expecting more.If i can now stick to a lb a week i'll be happy.
My life now seems to be totally focused on getting my 1st sticker. LOL
I'm going to really go for it this week but i wish it wasn't easter, i seem more in control when i'm at work but when i'm at home all i want to do is eat.
I eat alot of Muller lights.....sometimes 3 a day, is that too many? My fridge seems to be a shrine to Muller lights LOL
I know they are free food but can you still eat too many?

some people find that if their losses are slow and they are sticking exactly to plan then mullerlights are one of the first things to cut down on. same with fruit. however before you do that i would check that you really are sticking to everything exactly. measuring healthy extras properly, removing fat from meat all the time, if you are doing EE making sure that a third of your plate is fruit or veg etc etc...

i think you're doing fabulously. try not to fret :)

also, have realised that you potentially live down the road from me, ha.

abz xx

Back