Hello Everyone.

Lightning86

Hello Everyone.

My names David and I'm 23 from the UK.
Currently my weight is 215Lbs and I want to get down to around 160-170Lbs, I started at 226Lbs.

Been out today and bought myself a rowing machine and some workout clothes aswell as a footspa(for after hehe).

Finding it really difficult to find someone to talk to or support all I get from friends is "Oh your fine how you are" etc but I really wanna slim down and get in shape.

I have started drinking alot more water, I barely ever drank water now I drink about 2 litres a day and hoping to get that even higher.

Never used a rowing machine before so what should I start with?

Any advice would be fantastic.

Hope to hear from you all.

Thanks!

Hello David!

Well done for trying to get healthier.
I'm at a healthy weight and there a few guide-lines I use in my life: Drink 2 cups of water when I wake up, it's so nice, I feel clean inside. Besides that that i also carry a bottle of water in my bag (actually the only beverages I drink are vegetable milks - soy/oat/almond milk and water); avoid drink "empty" drinks like sodas that don't give you any nutrition. About the row machine I only use it sometimes on the gym, but I preffer to walk/run/exercise workouts. Do whatever works for you and try to exercise 30 min 5-6 times a week.
About the specific diet for you, you're the only one who can find what works for you. For me, the better is calorie count with some calorie cycling, but everyone is different. Just make sure that whatever diet you do, you also plan a maintenance for life to pursue after your diet, to avoid gaining back the lost pounds;)

Congrats for the pounds lost so far and water:)

Hi and welcome. Keep a food diary for a week and then analyse what you have been eating. Is there anything you could cut down on?

Irene xx

Back