Hello Everyone

LollyPop

One Day at a Time
Thought I'd pop a message up to say Hi and yep... you guessed it.. I'm new.

I have 9 stone to lose - which is scary just writing it down. I don't really have much of a supportive home life. My husband thinks I'm gorgeous (I think he's blind) and I've spent the past year telling my best friend that if her husband loves her she doesn't need to worry about losing weight - she's been driving herself crazy lately. Today I told my Husband, my Mum and my Best Friend that I was starting LL on Monday and noone was particularly impressed - put it that way.

But I'm going to do this, I'm at the point in my life now when its now or never. For my Son and for me... I'm going to do this.

Hopefully I can share my journey with you guys... it's gonna be long-haul!

Lots of Love
LollyPop

Welcome to minimins, you sound very strong and focused, your family are probably just worried about you and trying to reassure you in their own way that they care.
When you see the weight coming off and get in a happier place yourself, they will be happy for you too.

Welcome lollypop!!!!!!
its great to have you at minimins:) this forum is a place full of supportiveness and inspiration, and i have no doubt you will reach your goal hun good luck.

I am on the CD( this is my 3rd week) and need to lose 10st and i'm very confident i will.

I agree with sazzy34 once your family see you happier in yourself they will know that this was the right move.

P.s i know you start LL on monday but pop by the CD forum and take a look at the daily hourly thread? it helps keep us all on track.

Thanks, I do understand their concerns, mainly about how much money I'll be "wasting". They just don't understand how unhappy I am, weighing what I do. I'm lucky in some ways, my height means I don't appear as heavy as I am, but I know it and thats what upsets me.

My turning point came last week on holiday. I refused to take my jeans off even though I desperately wanted to go swimming in the sea, so I left them on. I was swimming in the sea, surrounded by people in shorts and bikinis and I htought - God I must look so stupid! I just hate my legs. Everyhting else I think I could live with but not my legs. Anyway, I got back took one look at the photos and thought - I HAVE to do it now.

Same as me lollipop, my legs are huge !!!
I want them to be slim enough to be able to buy some wellies, and to get into a bikini,
Not at the same time though lol, I`m no trinny and susannah but even I know that wouldnt be a good look, May put a piccie on here though just for a laugh If. sorry WHEN i get to goal.lol

Were all here for you, and were right behind you, good and bad days x x

Thanks Sarah, I think this is going to be a great place for me to be.

Hey hun welcome you will get all the support you need on here. My now ex was not supportive at all if anything would eat worse around me all my favourite junk foods.

This was a big reason for joining this site but also there are others going through the same journey as you.

Good luck.

Back