Hello everyone

alibambino

Hi been reading everyone's posts for a while now, but I'm a bit stuck. I did Atkins in 2009 and came on here for support, really enjoyed the diet ...
I now have another two children Freya who is 21 months and lily who is six months. I watched my weight during my pregnancies so lost it ok .. But still have lots to lose from before I became pregnant. . Could I ask a couple of questions : I lost 8 pound in the first week but have stayed the same for the past 12 days and it's really getting me down, I've been drinking 2 litres of waters every day, I've been having 2eggs and bacon for breakkie then nothing till tea time then I cook chicken and veg or cheeseburger pie etc. I am never hungry and have no appetite.
Should I be eating lunch even though I'm not hungry ?
Could I be retaining water ?
Should I cut out coffee and cream( have 2cups a day)?
My other half is doing it with me and is losing weight.
Any help would be really appreciated I feel like giving up.

Hi there Ali, welcome to the forum. I'm sure there will be others along soon who know far more than me who can help but one thing I know is that you haven't to go 6 hours without food. I think you should definately be having a bit of something for lunch even if it is just soup. I'm often not hungry at lunch time but always try and eat something even if it is just a bit of cheese and ham. This is the first diet I've been on where I seem to eat all day and still lose weight.

Just stick at it and I'm sure more help will be along soon. :)

not enough calories ........... eat more but the right things ie protein and fats .............. cos as a mum you are a busy lady xx

Hi Ali, I asked the same question recently because half way thru week 3 I stalled for 4 or 5 days. I was finding that I couldnt eat lunch either, but I made the effort to do so, and it has started to come off again. I am a bit naughty because I cant resist getting on the scales every day, but have found for the past 2 weeks that it isnt registering the loss til the very end of the week, this week it was literally the last day!.

I am a serial dieter, have done everthing from cabbage soup to micro diet, cambridge, lighter life, slimming world, weight watchers etc....this is the most amazing diet I have ever been on.
So stick with it!!! What I have found with this one is that the fat comes off in a completely different way, although I have only lost 15lbs in 4 weeks, I have lost between 4 and 5 inches from every area of my body! I am now getting into clothes that I havnt been able to wear since I was under 12 stone!! It is very encouraging to measure yourself too, as when the weight doesnt appear to be moving, the inches definately are!

Hi Ali, I asked the same question recently because half way thru week 3 I stalled for 4 or 5 days. I was finding that I couldnt eat lunch either, but I made the effort to do so, and it has started to come off again. I am a bit naughty because I cant resist getting on the scales every day, but have found for the past 2 weeks that it isnt registering the loss til the very end of the week, this week it was literally the last day!.

I am a serial dieter, have done everthing from cabbage soup to micro diet, cambridge, lighter life, slimming world, weight watchers etc....this is the most amazing diet I have ever been on.
So stick with it!!! What I have found with this one is that the fat comes off in a completely different way, although I have only lost 15lbs in 4 weeks, I have lost between 4 and 5 inches from every area of my body! I am now getting into clothes that I havnt been able to wear since I was under 12 stone!! It is very encouraging to measure yourself too, as when the weight doesnt appear to be moving, the inches definately are!

ONLY 15lb missus!!! I was on SW last year and in 4 weeks I lost a measly 2lb!! So well done and p.s. you need to update your stats. ;)

I was kind of wondering the same as I have lost 8 lbs but then there has been no change. I get on the scale everyday too and if it bothers you it might be best to just weigh once a week. I think I may not be eating enough either. I lost 50 lbs on Atkins when I was 30, however I am now 41 and it may be a bit harder to come off now. I am starting on my second week so I suppose I am doing quite well so far. :)

I have just had my 50th birthday, and it has got really really hard in the last few years to shift the weight! so my advice is, definately do it now, coz it only gets harder!! As somebody else said, you must eat at least every 6 hours... I have found with this diet that my poo is a good indication of if I am eating enough! (Sorry to be so gross!!) If I dont eat enough, I dont go for about 3 days, when I am eating and drinking plenty, I am at least every other day!!

I was kind of wondering the same as I have lost 8 lbs but then there has been no change. I get on the scale everyday too and if it bothers you it might be best to just weigh once a week. I think I may not be eating enough either. I lost 50 lbs on Atkins when I was 30, however I am now 41 and it may be a bit harder to come off now. I am starting on my second week so I suppose I am doing quite well so far. :)

8lb in one week???? :eek: :D:sigh:

I am 58 and lost 5lb in a week and am over the moon!!! :)

Yes, I guess I'm overreacting. It's just so nice to see some kind of loss everyday, but I know that won't continue. I need to try and stay off the scales :) I want it all gone now :)

Yes, I guess I'm overreacting. It's just so nice to see some kind of loss everyday, but I know that won't continue. I need to try and stay off the scales :) I want it all gone now :)

Yes you are defo over reacting. :D Over half a stone in a week is brilliant! Have you done your measurements yet, like Michelle said that can be a better indicator than the scales.

Keep up the good work!!

I would definitely recommend only weighing once a week, being relaxed about small losses or sts, and take measurements. If you go to the start of my diary you can see my weekly losses - they are big and small, some ups too - but when you add it all up it does the job:D just got to keep going!

It is lovely & somehow reassuring to see so many posters who are losing weight. I'm still stuck but it gives me hope that someday my metabolism will wake up & I'll begin to lose weight again.

Thanks everyone for your help, well have moved scales so no sneaky weighing lol, have stayed same again but I'm just going to see how it goes.

Back