Hello folks! I'm a newbie...

Hello everyone!

I've been a bit of a lurker as of late so I've just decided to join and hopefully start my weight loss journey.

A bit about myself - Living in the Leicestershire region, I'm male, approx. 5 foot 8 inches and 17st dead in weight (as of last Tuesday morning). I wouldn't say I look particularly obese but I know I'm certainly not a slender fox!

I've been going at it at home with the Slimming World plan with my partner as we both would like to change our weight, firstly before a hugely anticipated trip the Florida in May this year and secondly because we're both not happy with our appearances due to weight gain since moving in together in August 2011!

My Mum & Sister have both lost in excess of 3 stone each since joining January 2012 (Sister) and July 2012 (Mum) with Slimming World, they've been kind enough to obtain many avenues of information for us to work from. During my lurking around here I've also managed to obtain tips and lots of sound advice.

Throughout my childhood I really struggled maintaining a happy medium weight, I think my choices throughout my early adult life were not so great so I piled on the weight in my early 20's but then suddenly went very trim for a few years. Now I'm back to being overweight or "obese" if you're looking at the BMI calculator.

So there we are, a little about me and my journey. I'm hoping to lose enough weight to be happy as is my partner. I'll be sure to check in here to get to know a few of you! Thank you for reading folks... :)

Thanks, J.

Hi folks,

Just a swift update, we had our first week weigh in at home and I have lost 7lbs and my partner 2lbs! I think we've made a great start, let's see what next week brings! :D

Well done to you and your partner, great start for you both.
Good luck to both of you for next week and the future.

Back