Hello from a Minimin Newbie living in Shanghai!

Dukanista

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I've been browsing this site for motivation for the last few weeks, and decided it was finally time to sign up. I'm tracking my weight loss and food diary in Excel anyway, but I think I'll have more success if I share the results with others.

In terms of dieting history, I was a stick-thin teenager and then started 'filling out' in high school. In my adult life I've swung between curvy, toned and chubby, depending on how much exercise I get and how I'm eating. But getting older seems to make it even more difficult to maintain a good weight, and in the last year I've been about 2kg over my 'stable' weight, unable to shift the excess. 2kg might not sound like much, but I have a small frame and I'm short, so it makes a huge difference to how I look. The last straw was coming back from holiday and seeing how bloated I looked in all the holiday pics. Plus I'm turning 40 next year, and would really love to be looking my best when that happens!

A few friends and colleagues had mentioned Dukan, and so I picked up the book after returning from holiday. I've been trying it for almost a month now, and it's changed my life in a few short weeks! The real test will come when I get closer to my goal weight (I haven't really decided what that should be, though...) since I haven't weighed that little since I was 18.

The story so far:

Start weight: 60kg
Start date: 13 May '12
Diet/phase: Dukan Cruise
Target weight: +/- 54kg
Lost so far: 3kg
Still to go: +/-3kg

Looking forward to hearing tips and progress from other Dukaneers!

Hi there, welcome to Minimins :)

Good luck with Dukan, looks like you're off to a great start, keep up the good work!

thanks, it's nice to feel so welcome. although i feel bad using metric while everyone else is on imperial... i'm a south african living in shanghai and it's the only system i understand!

congrats on your achievements so far.

Back