Hello from a newbie

alongwaytogo

Silver Member
Hi there

I have just registered today after looking at the forum for the last couple of days. You all seem a really supportive bunch and hope that I can join in.

I have masses to lose and have been on and off diets since I was 12 (many many moons ago). I have rejoined slimming world this week and hope to do it this time. Am heartily sick of feeling so fat and unfit.

Would love to hear from those of you who have a lot to lose, how do you do it, do you aim for one stone at a time? I am fine for the first couple of months, then just lose the plot. This seems to be the pattern for the last 30 years!

Best wishes
alongwaytogo

Hey alongwaytogo! Welcome to the boards.

You can click on inspiration slide show to see many users here before and after!

I too have been struggling with weight loss from a young age. This time I have the support I need to win! I personally have found counselling to be useful to look at why I eat and now I see the patterns.

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for the welcome KookieDoh. I have looked at the slides and they really are inspirational. I am hoping this is the time that I actually lose the lot and keep it off. Feel determined at the moment and wish I could bottle the feeling for those days/weeks when the feeling wanes.

You've done really well so far, well done.

Hi and welcome also, i know what you mean about wishing you could bottle those inspirational feelings we have, for the time when these feelings as you put it start to wane, just recently gained some weight i struggled to lose, but hoping to nip it in the bud now !

Back