Hello From a noob!

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Hello, :sign0144:
I thought i'd best introduce myself, my name is Nicki :wavey:I'm 24 and live on the South coast with my hubby. I am a nightmare with diets, I have been switching from slimming world to weight watchers for almost 10 years now and the only thing i have managed to achieve is putting more weight on. I'm hoping this time will be different, my health is in seriously bad shape due to weight, I have weight related infertility and i'm generally just miserable. :ashamed0005:
This is my last chance to change really because i'm pretty sure if i put much more weight on, i won't be able to move. My doctor isn't very helpful, he's offered to put me on orlistat again but i took it a few years ago, the side effects were so terrible, i wouldn't cope with them.
So i'm hoping that this is my time to finally shift this weight and hope i can find some good tips!

hi nicki i too have been swapping between s/w, w/w and atkins have been "dieting" for 30 years only to get heavier each time i am now 52 and feel so fed up that decided i really have to do something my weight holds me back i have no confidence and would love to be able to go on the beach this year and wear a cossie without having to cover up i live in bexhill-on-sea so am also on the coast, this is a very good site and everyone is very helpful good luck

welcome, i am the same. Its a circle every year for me, but this year i put a stop to it and I have only got back into the swing of things in the past week. I am keeping with WW because you can still eat what you want once u keep your points. I lost 5 pound this week over sticking with with WW points and i didnt deprive myself from eating anything.

Best of Luck with your weight loss journey xx

Thanks for the welcome :D defo think that ww is the right thing for me, hoping once i've lost my 10% i'll be able to do some exercise and help shift it a bit quicker!

you could do some exercise now just a ten minute walk will be enough to speed things up atm...

ashamed to admit, but even that would prob kill me, My asthma and joint pains is so bad now, walking round the supermarket leaves me in agony, :( Been trying to do a few minutes a time on my cross trainer, but it hurts alot!

yeah i hate cross trainers unless they're the ones with the t.v's attached at the gym they're so boring too lol i used to like watching deparate housewives whilst working out but the gym is so exensive so i invested in my own treadmill which has actually cost me far less than going to the gym

welcome and good luck :) i know u can do it! :D

Hey and welcome!

My gran was in the position where any walking did her more harm than good so she did chair exercises. anything to keep her moving. she did it in a class with others who were like her. She did lose a lot of weight doing that and a diet and found moving easier eventually.

something to have a look online for :D

Hi, and welcome, I was like you stopping and starting different diets over the years, and something last August just clicked with me, and I started the Weight Watchers diet, as I needed to lose a lot of weight, I just had to do something. I take the diet one day at a time, and try not to think about how much I have to lose and I am now on the diet for 6 months and 2 weeks and have lost a total of 5 stone and 1lb. wait until you are on the diet for a month or two before you start to exercise, and it might be a lot easier when you lose a bit of weight, thats what I did, as my joints were also hurting me, this forum is a great place for help and motivation, if you want to ask me any questions or need help and motivation, just ask...

Back