Hello from Norfolk, UK

Hello all, a quick update because I am happy to say this week was an amazing loss for me 3.5lb! I am a slow loser as a rule but this week was different.
My daughter moved out (to the house next door) so it has been a very busy week decorating, cleaning, sorting and general chores.
Also a few cm's lost off waist too.
XxX

Hi all, I hope you are all doing well with your various weight loss journeys.
Me, I stayed the same same last week but have lost 2lb this week so very happy.
Have a great week and I will try to too. xx

I am back, I have fallen off the wagon a bit. When I say a bit - a lb or 2 a week for a month. To be fair I did have a family bereavement. But now finding it difficult to get my mojo back. Any tips guys? xx Thanks in advance.

Hi :)

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news and that you have been struggling. It's really difficult to get back into it isn't it?!

I have had a bad few months too with my dog becoming ill very suddenly and unfortunately after treatment locally and in Cambridge he couldn't be saved and we lost him 2 weeks ago :-( He was only 7.

I have had 6 weeks off and started again Monday. I was really surprised to have only put on 2 and a half pounds so I think the calorie counting must have given me healthier habits and some degree of portion control -yay! I'm really struggling to get back into it though so I'm just trying to get up and start a fresh each day. I've found it really useful to look through my Instagram that I made and see what I was eating when I was on plan and it's helping me plan meals again.

Are you still doing the Herbal Life plan? x

Hi :)

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news and that you have been struggling. It's really difficult to get back into it isn't it?!

I have had a bad few months too with my dog becoming ill very suddenly and unfortunately after treatment locally and in Cambridge he couldn't be saved and we lost him 2 weeks ago :-( He was only 7.

I have had 6 weeks off and started again Monday. I was really surprised to have only put on 2 and a half pounds so I think the calorie counting must have given me healthier habits and some degree of portion control -yay! I'm really struggling to get back into it though so I'm just trying to get up and start a fresh each day. I've found it really useful to look through my Instagram that I made and see what I was eating when I was on plan and it's helping me plan meals again.

Are you still doing the Herbal Life plan? x

Hello,
thank you so much for your reply - it really does mean so much.
So sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my mum, that was difficult.
I have a shake for breakfast as that helps my digestion (I suffer terrible heartburn) and the rest of the day I just try to make good choices and I have a Herbalife bar in the evening to satisfy my sweet tooth. The choices I have made of late haven't been good ones. Sweets, desserts and chips have snuck into the mix!
I too have gained a few lbs that has taken me back to 15st.
I have tried to keep up with gentle exercise.

Hope to speak to you again in a few days and see how we are doing. xx

Hello,
thank you so much for your reply - it really does mean so much.
So sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my mum, that was difficult.
I have a shake for breakfast as that helps my digestion (I suffer terrible heartburn) and the rest of the day I just try to make good choices and I have a Herbalife bar in the evening to satisfy my sweet tooth. The choices I have made of late haven't been good ones. Sweets, desserts and chips have snuck into the mix!
I too have gained a few lbs that has taken me back to 15st.
I have tried to keep up with gentle exercise.

Hope to speak to you again in a few days and see how we are doing. xx

Oh no that's devastating :-( I'm not surprised that you have found it so difficult and it will take a long time to feel any better. Don't be too hard on yourself with the food thing.

It's great that you are still doing some light exercise. It's good just to get out for a walk isn't it :)

When I was doing well I had manage to cut out calories that I didn't need ( but very much wanted lol ) so I started having chicken fajita with extra vegetables but not wraps - just the chicken mix, burgers made with mince, onion and herbs then stacked with the cheese, salad and sauce but no bun and with oven baked sweet potato chips instead of normal, scrambled egg without the toast and so on. I found that I actually still really enjoyed my meals and was eating more vegetables too so it worked well. For snacks I stuck to chicken, sugar free jelly and Greek yogurts. I was still then able to enjoy something yummy in the evening. The problem now of course is getting back to it and I don't even know why it is so difficult but it really is! I also stopped exercising as I am still having trouble with my knee's since I started running earlier in the year. I won't make that mistake again and will get back to rowing and cycling instead!

I hope you have a good few days x

Back