Hello from Norfolk, UK

Brilliant thank you, I lost another lb this week so I am happy about that. I am still on the straight and narrow diet and exercise wise. This lovely weather makes walking early evening a pleasure.
How are you doing?

I completely missed this message 🙂 - I'm glad you are still doing fab! Well done on the loss. It's been a bit more soggy for walks this week hasn't it lol

I'm doing well thank you. Had some nice walks and carried on with the rowing machine and exercise bike. I need to try and do more kettlebells though. Lost 2lb last week and hoping for 3lb tomorrow 🤞 ( I had a cheeky weigh in yesterday and had lost 2.5lb). I've probably jinxed it now 😂

Hey, how's it going? I'm glad your willpower is going strong too! :)

I'm still walking lots and rowing. Need to up my kettlebells though.
Hi there Nix1,
I have lost 1.5lb this week. I am pleased about that as the weather has dissuaded me from doing my usual exercise quota.
How are you doing?

Wow you really are steaming ahead, well done!
I visited Bluebell Woods for a the first time last week, lovely walk - though I did get lost. :)
I intended to jog today but weather is not welcoming.
Have a great diet week!

@tjoc123 Awsome job on your loss!
cant jog myself either. Mucked my knee up real bad a few years ago and never got it checked out long story.
still gives me bother, gives out sometimes and clicks and cracks when I walk still.
dosent hurts anymore unless I really push it.
feels like it would twist or snap if I tried to run.
I thinks I need a good knee brace support before I try jog but waiting to see if I can get it looked at once this lockdown is over.

walking is still nice though was in the woods earlier today and they made a walking path so that was nice in a way. No twisting my ankle cause I don’t have combat boots anymore
Wow, what a lovely place to go walking! I envy you. How far is this from you? I live in East London- built up and overcrowded; have to go a ways to find somewhere like this to walk.

Wow, what a lovely place to go walking! I envy you. How far is this from you? I live in East London- built up and overcrowded; have to go a ways to find somewhere like this to walk.
I live in Norfolk, very close to the sea- not far from @Nix1 (though we have never met) .
I am light jogging at my own pace. I have no desire to pound the streets, I would just like to up my cardio a bit.
I know I am very lucky where I live and I do make the most of it.
Thank you for your kind words @geckogirl

Wow you really are steaming ahead, well done!
I visited Bluebell Woods for a the first time last week, lovely walk - though I did get lost. :)
I intended to jog today but weather is not welcoming.
Have a great diet week!

Aww Bluebell Woods is lovely although when we went a couple of weeks ago it was overrun with wasps so we ran out of there right quick lol. I'm allergic to their sting and my whole arm or whatever it is they sting swells up - eek!

I have been walking to Hopton lots over the last few weeks. Can't remember if I said about the walk to Martham Broads. It's really nice over there too. We try to walk somewhere different every weekend to keep it varied.
Keep up the jogging - you're doing fab x

Aww Bluebell Woods is lovely although when we went a couple of weeks ago it was overrun with wasps so we ran out of there right quick lol. I'm allergic to their sting and my whole arm or whatever it is they sting swells up - eek!

I have been walking to Hopton lots over the last few weeks. Can't remember if I said about the walk to Martham Broads. It's really nice over there too. We try to walk somewhere different every weekend to keep it varied.
Keep up the jogging - you're doing fab x
Wow look at you! Only a lb to a stone loss. That is great!

I live in Norfolk, very close to the sea- not far from @Nix1 (though we have never met) .
I am light jogging at my own pace. I have no desire to pound the streets, I would just like to up my cardio a bit.
I know I am very lucky where I live and I do make the most of it.
Thank you for your kind words @geckogirl
Oh, lucky you! Enjoy it! Good for you on the light jogging. I can't run at all, lol! I haven't started any exercise yet. My goal is just to walk; to get up to a brisk pace to get my heart pumping (I live a 25 minute walk from my job, which would be perfect probably). I also want to do some light stretching and very light weight lifting. Just looking at YouTube videos on this, so I can do them at home. Well, when I walk, I will visualize that I am walking down a path like you posted!

I was a complete couch potato once. I had plantar fasciitis (in both feet - I walked with a stick), I have a par 5 fracture (broken spine that has fused incorrectly) and I need to lose over 6 stone.
Initially I was walking outside in the dark, in a baseball cap and dark glasses as I didn't want to be seen. I am still conscious of my 'wobble when I walk' but my confidence is growing.
Every step forward is a step in the right direction. Good luck and I am always here if you need an understanding friend. x

Aw, tjoc123, sorry to hear what you've been through, but you are on the right track now. That's really awesome that you just got proactive and made a start, regardless of how you felt. Self confidence is SO important. I've been working on that a lot myself; to me, self confidence is the foundation for everything. (When I was younger, my self confidence was so much dependent on my looks and body, and all the insecurities I had in those departments; always comparing myself to others). Now that I'm older (I'm 57), I'm so over those things. I just want to be the best ME that I can be, not care about what people think of me, and I want to do the right thing for my body now.

Plantar fasciitis- I know all about it! Do you still have it? I've had plantar fasciitis for about five years now (in both feet, but worse in the left); I can't believe it I've had it so long. It's not as bad as it used to be; the first three years were torture. I work in a primary school and luckily I spend a lot of time sitting, but the little bit I had to walk was hard. Now, the pain level is down, say a 4/10 maybe; on a good day, even lower. However, it still is difficult to walk too long; after 10, maybe 15 minutes, it really starts to hurt. It is the number one thing preventing me from trying to walk now. I have literally cried over the last five years because of plantar fasciitis. It's changed my life; I feel like I have a disability. Hopefully yours is gone. Does your par 5 fracture cause you a lot of pain, or is it manageable?

So super that you are going out though, you should be proud of yourself! Like you said, every step forward is a step in the right direction. Absolutely.

Aw, tjoc123, sorry to hear what you've been through, but you are on the right track now. That's really awesome that you just got proactive and made a start, regardless of how you felt. Self confidence is SO important. I've been working on that a lot myself; to me, self confidence is the foundation for everything. (When I was younger, my self confidence was so much dependent on my looks and body, and all the insecurities I had in those departments; always comparing myself to others). Now that I'm older (I'm 57), I'm so over those things. I just want to be the best ME that I can be, not care about what people think of me, and I want to do the right thing for my body now.

Plantar fasciitis- I know all about it! Do you still have it? I've had plantar fasciitis for about five years now (in both feet, but worse in the left); I can't believe it I've had it so long. It's not as bad as it used to be; the first three years were torture. I work in a primary school and luckily I spend a lot of time sitting, but the little bit I had to walk was hard. Now, the pain level is down, say a 4/10 maybe; on a good day, even lower. However, it still is difficult to walk too long; after 10, maybe 15 minutes, it really starts to hurt. It is the number one thing preventing me from trying to walk now. I have literally cried over the last five years because of plantar fasciitis. It's changed my life; I feel like I have a disability. Hopefully yours is gone. Does your par 5 fracture cause you a lot of pain, or is it manageable?

So super that you are going out though, you should be proud of yourself! Like you said, every step forward is a step in the right direction. Absolutely.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I am now 53 so now I would like to improve on me too.
I had plantar fasciitis for 2 years and I thought it'd never go. In comparison to how it was, it is so much better. The best thing I ever did was switch to Skechers shoes.
My back does give me pain - more so when I don't move much, like when I get up from sitting or try to stand still. My injury was about 18 years ago but my spine fused incorrectly. I manage it with Zapain.
I hope to reach the 1 stone loss this weekend, I am nearing completing 8 weeks.

xx

Omg I actually think I have that too.
it’s only in my right foot.
hurts really bad when I get up and start walking after putting a lot of strain on it. Then the pain slowly goes away the longer I walk.
then back again if I rest and get up.
Also hurts if I press on the heel.

I do aswell have a pair of sketchers! Best shoes I ever had. Used them for working in the kitchen super comfy and non slip so was a win win.

thank you for bringing that to my attention because I always just thought it was one of those things I had.

Omg I actually think I have that too.
it’s only in my right foot.
hurts really bad when I get up and start walking after putting a lot of strain on it. Then the pain slowly goes away the longer I walk.
then back again if I rest and get up.
Also hurts if I press on the heel.

I do aswell have a pair of sketchers! Best shoes I ever had. Used them for working in the kitchen super comfy and non slip so was a win win.

thank you for bringing that to my attention because I always just thought it was one of those things I had.
Hey there, the worst is after getting out of bed in the morning. When your feet touch the ground for the first time OUCH!
Skechers are the best and I have honestly tried everything you can buy including therapies, physio, acupuncture and steroid injections.
Time is the only healer for it.
x

Tonight I am suffering. This morning I did my 2 mile Jog/walk. Then I sauntered about for an hour or two then I went for a 2 mile walk, totalling 15k steps. This evening, after a relaxing bath, I have taken 2 Zapain and used Volterol. My whole body hurts like mad.
Tomorrow I will take it easier for sure. Lesson learned? Probably not.

Wow, well done on the exercise! It's great that you have the motivation to do all that. Yeah, maybe you need to take it easier though if your body is in that much pain. Maybe work your way up to what you did? Step by step! Let your body get used to it.

It sounds like you’re doing fab with the exercise! You’ve been really dedicated with it and that’s usually the hard bit! I hope you managed to get some rest and feel better now 😊

It sounds like you’re doing fab with the exercise! You’ve been really dedicated with it and that’s usually the hard bit! I hope you managed to get some rest and feel better now 😊
Thank you, I have had an exercise rest day today. x

Hello, I am now 9 weeks in an have lost nearly 16 lb. I don't know how to get that on my ticker or enter the details under my name.

Hello, I am now 9 weeks in an have lost nearly 16 lb. I don't know how to get that on my ticker or enter the details under my name.

Morning :) That's fab progress! Well done 🎉🎉
To add your weight details under your name click on your user name at the top of the page and go to account details. Scroll down on that page and you will find where to enter them.

To update my ticker I double click on my ticker on one of my posts. You input your password to change your current ticker or you can make a new one there. You can then add it to your signature :)

Morning :) That's fab progress! Well done 🎉🎉
To add your weight details under your name click on your user name at the top of the page and go to account details. Scroll down on that page and you will find where to enter them.

To update my ticker I double click on my ticker on one of my posts. You input your password to change your current ticker or you can make a new one there. You can then add it to your signature :)
Thank you so much Nix xx

Back