Hello from Norfolk, UK

Sorry for butting in on your post. Well done on the loss on your waist- it will catch up on the scales next week I’m sure.
You need to be a full member - this gives you access to the members only part of the site, including members only diaries and you are also able to send private messages. To become a full member you need to have posted 50 times. If you click on your avatar at the top of the page it will bring up a summary box which shows how many posts you’ve made so far.
I spent ages looking for a way to send private messages :) Thank you for the info - best we get posting.

Sorry for butting in on your post. Well done on the loss on your waist- it will catch up on the scales next week I’m sure.
You need to be a full member - this gives you access to the members only part of the site, including members only diaries and you are also able to send private messages. To become a full member you need to have posted 50 times. If you click on your avatar at the top of the page it will bring up a summary box which shows how many posts you’ve made so far.
Oh thank you so much for that. Would you be as kind as to explain how to use my tracker please? As you can see I have downloaded one (god knows how) Many thanks x

I’m not an expert on the tickers but I can tell you how I set mine up. There is a thread somewhere on the site which explains it if you get stuck.
I started by putting my details into my account - you can find this by hovering over your avatar. I put a start weight, current weight, goal weight and height. It will calculate your BMI and % list automatically. You already have a ticker in your signature so it should update from this. It seems to update at midnight so you may not see it straight away.

If you want to change this at all, hover over your account and there’s an option for edit signature. If you right click over the ticker and open it in another tab you can edit how it looks. You can also enter your data into there directly if you want it to update straight away.

This link should also help

It's really good that you lost centimetres :) The scales will catch up soon!

I've told myself to try and concentrate on how my clothes feel when that happens. I've not measured myself yet so should do that really. I worry that the exercise that I'm doing will stall the weight loss until my body gets used to it so just going to hang in there and hope for the best.

How are you getting on with your Herballife plan? Have you settled into it yet? x

It's really good that you lost centimetres :) The scales will catch up soon!

I've told myself to try and concentrate on how my clothes feel when that happens. I've not measured myself yet so should do that really. I worry that the exercise that I'm doing will stall the weight loss until my body gets used to it so just going to hang in there and hope for the best.

How are you getting on with your Herballife plan? Have you settled into it yet? x
Yes the diet suits me, thank you. I am still doing a bit of jogging. I hope the scales are kinder this weekend.

Well done with the jogging! Do you feel like you're finding it a bit easier now? I haven't been this week as my knees were sore and my daughter didn't fancy going so I've switched to the rowing machine this week and managing to do between 25 and 40 minutes every night so hopefully that'll help.

How did you get on with your weigh in this week?

Well done with the jogging! Do you feel like you're finding it a bit easier now? I haven't been this week as my knees were sore and my daughter didn't fancy going so I've switched to the rowing machine this week and managing to do between 25 and 40 minutes every night so hopefully that'll help.

How did you get on with your weigh in this week?
Hi, I am jogging almost every day now and I am starting to enjoy it, I am only repeating week 2 of Couchto5k over and over. I have only lost 1lb in the past 2 weeks, I am so disappointed but I am going to keep on keeping on. How are you doing?

Hi, I am jogging almost every day now and I am starting to enjoy it, I am only repeating week 2 of Couchto5k over and over. I have only lost 1lb in the past 2 weeks, I am so disappointed but I am going to keep on keeping on. How are you doing?

It's fab that you're enjoying the jogging. Makes it so much easier then. I know you are disappointed with your pound but it's good that you are keeping it going! In a few months time it will be worth it when you see how far you have come.

Do you think that your body may just be getting used to your new way of eating? Especially with extra exercise too. Are you drinking tonnes? I remember when I did the Cambridge Diet I needed to drink a lot to get good results. I really struggle with drinking so much so try and do a bottle an hour.

I am ok thank you. My 3rd weigh in is tomorrow. Today is the 1st day that I've felt hungry. So hungry that I felt sick and my tummy was churning. I haven't a clue why but I'm hoping its the exercise from this week burning the fat off lol I have managed to get through and keep to my calories though.

Hi @tjoc123

How are you getting on?

Hi Nix1, great to hear from you.
I have been for a walk along the seafront in Gorleston a couple of times, I may even have seen you. I have walked every single day and jogged every other day. My diet works out to about 1,200 kcals a day. Weigh in tomorrow so hope I have lost some this week.
How are you getting on?

Hey @tjoc123
That's awesome well done! They do say it is better to lose it slowly because it stays off better don't they. And it helps your skin shrink back. Have you been enjoying your walks?

I have been for a few walks to the beach this week but I try to stay at the south end as it's quieter. I went for a walk in the countryside too one day. I cut back on the rowing this week as I was feeling wiped out but managed to lose 2.5lb so happy with that :)

Good Luck for next week!

Hey @tjoc123
That's awesome well done! They do say it is better to lose it slowly because it stays off better don't they. And it helps your skin shrink back. Have you been enjoying your walks?

I have been for a few walks to the beach this week but I try to stay at the south end as it's quieter. I went for a walk in the countryside too one day. I cut back on the rowing this week as I was feeling wiped out but managed to lose 2.5lb so happy with that :)

Good Luck for next week!
Firstly well done on the weight loss!
I think my skin will be loose whether the weight goes slow or not (I would prefer it to go quicker). I have really been enjoying my walks but you know what? I am jogging regularly but I really DO NOT like running. I feel I must up my game though.
At the weekend I overdid it so I am now mindful of that and walk every day but only jog every other day.
How is your willpower?

@tjoc123 Thank you!

Sounds like a good idea to keep to every other day then! Are your knees still doing ok? Walking is definitely my fave and still burns good calories. My kettlebells arrived today. I've been doing tonnes of reading and it looks like strength training is really good for building the muscle to increase the metabolism. Going to give them a go later with a Kettlebell DVD :) Still rowing most days. Had a 2 mile walk in Fleggburgh yesterday around the common. Was really nice and met some cows just roaming about lol

My willpower is better than it's been in many years. I think this time it's clicked. Yay! I am not craving chocolate, cakes or biscuits at all. I am managing to eat a large range of meals which is really helping. I have been feeling a bit dizzy for a few days and it looks like I may have been having less calories than I need so I have swapped to the Nutracheck App which is actually so much nicer to use and UK based too so bonus! It seems that My Fitness Pal is well known for giving low calorie recommendations.

Last edited:
@tjoc123 Thank you!

Sounds like a good idea to keep to every other day then! Are your knees still doing ok? Walking is definitely my fave and still burns good calories. My kettlebells arrived today. I've been doing tonnes of reading and it looks like strength training is really good for building the muscle to increase the metabolism. Going to give them a go later with a Kettlebell DVD :) Still rowing most days. Had a 2 mile walk in Fleggburgh yesterday around the common. Was really nice and met some cows just roaming about lol

My willpower is better than it's been in many years. I think this time it's clicked. Yay! I am not craving chocolate, cakes or biscuits at all. I am managing to eat a large range of meals which is really helping. I have been feeling a bit dizzy for a few days and it looks like I may have been having less calories than I need so I have swapped to the Nutracheck App which is actually so much nicer to use and UK based too so bonus! It seems that My Fitness Pal is well known for giving low calorie recommendations.

Hiya,
You have hit the nail on the head when you say 'My willpower is better than it's been in many years. I think this time it's clicked. Yay! I am not craving chocolate, cakes or biscuits at all.' That is exactly the same here!
I can't believe I still have this much willpower after nearly 6 weeks.
I've had a walk yesterday and today, I may take small jog tonight - may not. ; )
Keep on keeping on. You are doing great!

Hey, how's it going? I'm glad your willpower is going strong too! :)

I'm still walking lots and rowing. Need to up my kettlebells though.

Hey, how's it going? I'm glad your willpower is going strong too! :)

I'm still walking lots and rowing. Need to up my kettlebells though.
Brilliant thank you, I lost another lb this week so I am happy about that. I am still on the straight and narrow diet and exercise wise. This lovely weather makes walking early evening a pleasure.
How are you doing?

Back