Hello from unhappy person

Crackers

:sigh:Hey, i'm Sara, 24 from the SouthWest.

I use to be a spritly size 10. Use to drink 5pints of cola a day, live on junk food & binge drink 3nights a week.

I decided i wanted to be fit aswell as slim, so cut out cola completely and cut down on junkfood and alcohol to only a couple of times a month.

In the years that followed i've crept up to 13stone. i'm only 5'2. How?!

I have a very busy lifestyle, i have 5 horses.

I get up at 5am, muck the horses out, have some toast for breakie, walk to work. Walk home for lunch, have salad/soup/pasta depending on mood & time. walk back, then walk home.
i then have an hour to cook & eat dinner.
back to horses at 6pm to muck out, ride & do chores. get home 9:30pm

I'm at a loose end as to why im so fat & gaining not losing weight despite the active lifestyle i have.

Any ideas what diet would suit me?
Going to the gym is out of the question as at weekends im all over the country competing the horses and going 9:30 in the evening is just too late - i have to rest at some point!!

i tried cutting out carbs completely but i ran out of energy so fast.

im at a loose end, ive had blood test for underactive thyroid & diabetes and everything was clear.

sorry for the essay, just hoping someone can help me somehow :cry:

Thank you for reading

Hi and welcome. I also think you just may need something more strctured. Have a look at the WW and SW websites and see what you think.

Sometimes I have surprised myself thinking i was eating something low in calories and it wasn't.

Irene xx

Thanks for the welcome :)

i have thought about WW - is doing it online good enough? I can't make any of the local meetings as they are on when i'm sorting the horses out.

Hi, why don't you try keeping a note of everything you eat for a week and see if there are any items you just don't take into account or don't even realise you pick on a regular basis. (It was wine gums for me! I was chomping them by the handful, smug that I wasn't eating chocolate until I realised each wine gum was about 60 calories!) It might just give you a basis to start structuring your intake of food because if you have the all clear on the thyroid etc, then it has to be what you are eating. Best of luck and steer away from the evil wine gums!!

You can do WW online, you get all the stuff necessary and it should give you access to be able to ask someone about your exercise amount.

WW allows extra daily points if youre on the go most of the time and then exercise ones over and above that too, so you should end up eating a healthy amount which factors that in and still allows you to lose.

It certainly doesnt sound as if youre over eating

Thank you, i'll look into it!!

i did try snacking on pumpkin seeds but they get everywhere and are rubbish for snacking on the go!!

Hi welcome to the forum. I too have a rather busy lifestyle. I typically work 13 out of 14 days, most of those being 10 hour days and do 5-6 hours of martial arts a week. I do SW and I find that it fits perfectly with my lifestyle as I can never run out of 'allowance'! x

Hiya Sara,

Just wanted to wish you well. I gradually gained weight over maybe a 10 year period, and then suddenly BLAM you realise "oh my god, i am really fat" lol It's funny how you don't really see it happen, and as much as i can't remmeber how the weight gain begun, i certainly remember the day i decided to bite the bullet and try lose weight properly.

I would echo the words of Starlight, i think a structured diet like WW or SW would be good to fit around your busy and active lifestyle.

Good luck hun with whatever you chose to follow x

Back